i-751 request for additional evidence - no joint lease- HELP!

TheDreamer

Hello everyone,

I have been married to a US citizen for 3 years and have now been a holder of a conditional marriage-based green card for over 2 years. We recently filed for the removal of conditions (i-751) and just received a request for additional evidence.

The main "thorn" here seems to be that we have no joint lease for the apartment we are staying in (it's only under my name). We just didn't think about it at the time that we were moving in, so the lease is under my name only (renting from a family friend, so the lease was just a technicality in our case). We also only recently added both names to our utility bills. We are moving into a new apartment in one month and the lease is joint this time, but should not be enough to prove continuity.

I have also hadn't had any health insurance all this time (for economic reasons), and just got into my wife's plan. Once again, not enough to show continuity.

We have a joint bank account, pictures, affidavits, joint trips and joint tax return fillings. How can we establish continuity? Should we expect that we will be called for an interview? How should we handle this?

Thanks in advance for any input.

You can only establish continuity with evidence you already have. If you don't have it, you don't have it. Get affidavits of support from respectable people (including your landlord) who can confirm you have lived together and continuously at the place over the duration. What about joint credit cards? Car insurance?

If after submitting all that, they call you for an interview, so be it. If you're in a genuine marriage, you should be fine.

We have a joint bank account, pictures, affidavits, joint trips and joint tax return fillings. How can we establish continuity? Should we expect that we will be called for an interview? How should we handle this?

Send as many pictures as you can. Also if you have cards, like Birthday cards or any other cards send them as well. Joint tax filing is good way to establish marriage. As already stated get affidavits from as many people as you can. We got an RFE as we didnt provide enough evidence. So I got every bank statement, insurance cards, medical cards, pictures as I could of the last two years to prove our marriage. They didnt call us for an interview and we got it removed. Although it did take us 11 months.

Good luck on your journey as well.

Thank you so much both! Glad to know the lack of joint lease is not that bad after all...

Should we also accompany our additional documents with a letter, explaining why we have no joint lease? Or is that not necessary (or even a letter at all)?

Thank you once again.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I panic.
My husband and I did fill the i751 in Feb 2014.
We did submit more evidence in July when they asked for more.
Now we just receive a interview letter for next month Nov 2014.
What should we do? We already submit joint bank statements, joint car insurance, joint lease, utility bills, Obamacare health insurance since Jan 2014, some photos since my husband doesn't like taking photo. Is it a problem if we don't have a lot photos?
Please, answer!!!!!