• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

By mistake not including my daughter of 1 year in the green card application

renyk

Hello everyone

Before anything, I apologize for my bad English, my native language is the Spanish.
If I write in Spanish better still.

A cordial greeting, I hope I can help.

Sali benefited the lottery in may 2014, but cometi an error to the enroll.

I am married, I have another 7-year-old daughter and my wife.

Not including my daughter of 1 year.

Already send the ds260 with information from daughter of 1 year, but many suggest me that I am removed automatically.

Some will know of similar cases that have benefited.

Thank you

Best regards

renyk

Hola, gracias por responder,

El año pasado al llenar la inscripcion para concursar pense que no fuese tan importante la informacion de mi nueva hija, ya para esa fecha tenia 9 meses, era un epoca dificil para mi, recien estaba fuera de mi trabajo, la bebe enferma, y de hospital en hospital, el caso es que no la agregue y como una bendicion, salimos sorteados ahora en mayo.

Me dio mucha tristesa al escuchar que segun las normas tenemos todas las posibilidades de estar descalificados, sin embargo al llenar la ds260 pude ver que podia agregarla, lo hice y la envie,

Aun asi me indican que puedo estar descalificado al momento de la entrevista,

quisiera saber si existio algun caso similar. honestamente quiero hacer todo lo posible y recaudar todo lo necesario para la entrevista,

tengo entendido que el monto a pagar es alto y aun asi quisiera correr el riezgo,

ojala me puedas ayudar

gracias

saludos

renyk

Hola Renyk
Me temo que es cierto que vas a ser descalificado. Si continuas con la aplicacion, malgastaras el coste de la aplicacion y de los examenes medicos. Lo siento pero no hay duda de esto.

Las instrucciones dicen "Sin embargo, si usted al momento del registro no los incluyera cuando
si tienen intenciones de emigrar entonces su solicitud quedara descalificada y ninguno será elegible para seguir en el
proceso. Asegúrese de llenar correctamente su registro con todos los miembros de su familia que califiquen."

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam...Translations/DV_2015_Instructions_Spanish.pdf

For anyone else reading this, the OP had a child at the time of the eDV entry and for various reasons omitted the child from the entry. I have explained that this mistake will certainly cause disqualification and waste the medical and application fees.

Muy cierto, lo tengo presente,

Podrias ayudarme a redactar en ingles, la mejor forma de buscar familias con casos similares, quisiera ver como les fue. o cual fue su resultado.

Por lo general consigo es informacion de familas con embarazos posteriores a la inscripcion,

gracias

saludos

renyk

Muy cierto, lo tengo presente,

Podrias ayudarme a redactar en ingles, la mejor forma de buscar familias con casos similares, quisiera ver como les fue. o cual fue su resultado.

Por lo general consigo es informacion de familas con embarazos posteriores a la inscripcion,

gracias

saludos

renyk

No sé de ningún caso en que tuvieron éxito. La regla es muy clara y provoca la descalificación

Hola buenas noches, leyendo de todo un poco me quedo la siguiente duda,

Por que razon la pagina donde se carga la DS-260 me permite agregar algun familiar que no este en la lista, yo por error no inclui al momento de la inscripcion a mi mi bebe de 1 año, pero la ds-260 si me lo permitio, yo la envie sin embargo por todos lados en "FOROS" me indican que estoy descalificado, pero tengo esta duda,

Gracias por su apoyo,

saludos

renyk

It's not just the forums telling you that you will be disqualified, it is the official instructions.
You seem to have neither read the original instructions (and I know there is a spanish version so you must have been able to understand them properly ) nor the links from your selection letter, which will take you to the instructions for selectees, which include this note:

Important note: If you had a spouse or children prior to submitting your original entry, but you did not include them on your original entry form, then your case will be disqualified at the time of your visa interview. Neither you nor any of your family members will receive visas. For more information, see the DV Instructions.

It doesn't matter the DS forms allowed you to submit another dependent. They are designed for this for people to add dependents who were acquired after DV entry, like new children and new spouses. If I understand correctly that your child was born at the time of entry and you did not include her, the instructions are unequivocal that you will be disqualified.
However, should you wish to ignore the instructions and advice, then you can go ahead with the application. Be aware that the medical costs will not be insignificant, and the visa fee is paid before the interview and not refundable, so it will be a long and expensive process just for the consular officer to tell you the same thing the instructions above do. And yes, I do know of people who have reached interview and been denied for this, someone who left off a child from his first marriage because he wasn't intending to take her.

Last edited:
I agree with you Sussie.....
Renyk's application will be disqualified during interview ....... It is very clear in the instructions.
It is pretty sad although being the winner he will still not be able to make use of it........