• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

are u guys forgetten me? Pls dnt forget me ,just remember in ur prayers my fouroum mates pls ,we are nt one mother brothers ,but through this fouroum we are all brothers nw ,i hope to see u guys all succeded their interviewed and received thir visa already in the usa ,by God grace!! Pls brothers help me to pray to come out 4rm dis nightmared...i love u guys all here for encouraging me more to have faith in God almighty , i beleive it will soon come to past by God grace!! God is in control...
We are with you TYT :)

Reactions: tyt
Congrats Arnold. All the best with your move to the States!!
View attachment 116

9.35pm – Go to Bed.

2:35am – No Sleep WHATSOEVER

2:45 – Morning Prayers

4.00am – Alarm Rings(now am sleepy….push it for 35 minutes)

4.35am – Alarm Rings Again – into the Bath Room.

5.00am – Pack my Bags.

5.30 - Head out of Hotel - (Feeling DAMN BLOODY EXCITED - NO NERVES!!!! - Just Ready to GO!!)

5: 36 – Leave the Hotel in Cab (Nice Motherly Lady Driving Me n Wishing me Well)

5: 45- Arrive at Embassy – (Found 3 Guys n 7 Ladies)- lining up

6.05am – Told to line up Guys n Ladies…..ladies facing the Guys as in North n Guys South(by now we are almost 30) – Letter of Appointment n Passport in Your Beloved Hands……n the way we obeyed…could make Lucifer Super Jealous.

6:22a.m – Checking Begins…Priority given to the Ladies with Kids…..Got so Mad coz I was No. 6 in Line n they had to push me back with those Fatherly Kids……Gosh they came soooo…..Late!!!

6.45am: - Am Checked (Passport n Letter – plus contents in the bag) n am told to proceed 20metres ahead.

6:46am – Found another Line with Lady now checking your name against the list expected…….(Say like some Roll Call)..This time it’s single File n Ladies n Gent line up 2gether. After being checked your Passport, 2ndNL – etc You line again…this time to Enter the Embassy. – You Enter in 4s.

7:35am: I enter, n you are told to take out any coins, Keys, DVDs, etc etc anything Sealed…..Telephone – name it. Like at Airport your bag n everything passed through that Scanner. Then you are given like a plastic token we normally get at the Super Market. To be used to claim your little belongings. I entered with my bag only Cell n DVD remained at the Gate.

7.40am….I enter Embassy – walk in Semi –Circular for 20- 30 meters n …. Guard directs Press Blue Button – n Enter – Here you produce your Passport n 2ndNL to the Guard – (The Female Lady gave me a number which am identified with – C – 408. I chat with her n tell her that we r deeply Nervous….She Laughed n told me please don’t be its not that “complicated”…I swear Arnold it’s not….) Then She says Please Wait OUTSIDE!!!! –

7:45am – AM SO OUTSIDE!!!! – GUYS IT’S DAMN BLOODY COLD!!!1 n even there was a drizzle a slight one n the clouds where as if you are on top of Mt. Elgon. Please those coming HAVE WARM CLOTHING – I beg. My neighbors was so nervous n one of them was farting every now n again!!!! Githeri Just.

8:22am – (I waited…) am Called inside…we are called by numbers – C 408 Go to Window 5 . I met some Maybe Somali Lady –

Hi : …Please give me your Birth Certificate, ( I asked her with the Photocopy) – Please thanks. Your Police Certificate – (I have 2 – Oh y do u have a Kenyan One!!! – I did University in Kenya..Strathmore…She smirked – But u Ugandans u like this ……- mumbled something fishy….i laughed n told her it’s the best University for ACCA…..), Give me Your A-Level as well n the Copy!!! Gosh !! I did. Now I have my Pretty ACCA Certificates’!!! ….GOSH Arnold KEEP IT/THEM!!! That will be all. But Please give me 2 Passport Photographs. …Hey Take these….The Photo’s I sent to Kentucky n my 2ndNL!!!! So surprised that my MBA n ACCA where Dumped. I intended to pose around with them n she told me NAH…we don’t need those!!! Please go make a payment n Bring the Receipt to Window 4…..(Ofcourse $330) – Then Wait Outside.

9:25am – Now they call you by your name…ARNOLD NGANDA – Proceed to Counter 9….(The wait can be long thank God My Neighbor had a watch. All along you see some successes guys coming out with Green n other Pink sheets...no one seemed to jubilate…) I found some elderly jovial Lady – n she took my finger prints..Left first , then Right , then Thumbs – When done she told me sit down n Wait for the Consular Lady to have a word with you. (Then the Nerves Set In......As i Gather myself to sit down....something else happens!!!)

9:26am : ARNOLD NGANDA Proceed to counter No. 10 – (I nearly Farted!!!! Jeeez not even sitting down)

CO:Is it so Cold - ARNOLD That Jacket n Gloves - ha ha ha laughs....!!!

ME: Yes it is

CO: U may need a warmer n bigger Jacket ARNOLD!!!! – It’s the north Pole.

ME:(Wondered has she given me VISA or What!!!) – I laughed abit…

CO: OK….Put those hands and swear that you wrote is the Truth….she was giggling!!! – I must say SHE WAS PRETTY 500% - Not even Beyonce gets closer!!!!

ME: I swear…..etc etc.

CO : Asks Pretty first….Married, Single , You are going to XYZ……, Ever Served in the Military?, Types as well….Eeeeeeh Questions r so Many...

ME: (I couldn’t answer all the questions….she was first)

CO: Now Arnold Get Ready to have a bigger warmer Jacket coz u heading to the States. Tell them to wait for you. I give you this form – (a green one) n another one with your Alien Number…..

ME: Oh Thanks. (Looks Like My VISA was already Approved - ONLY IF you have all the PAPERS)

That was the Experience. At 9:30 am everything was done.

I wasn’t so nervous, n I wasn’t overjoyed, the feeling I couldn’t explain. It seemed easier than I thought. Then I walked out..n am like is this the DV Process?. Well I got prepared coz of you guys. I saw some of the guys in the line with Pink Sheets. My Neighbor forgot his Birth Certificate the original one n was told to go n pick it….Since we wait outside what goes on inside no one knows. I requested to have my Interview Rescheduled n it was put on the 27th of August which is the last Wednesday of the Month n they dont work..so it was put to today 19th. I realised that many people reschedule their interviews n they bring them forward.....View attachment 116

Those to face the CO dont worry. God Loves You You shall be Safe.-

remember EXPERIENCES DIFFER due to our circumstances.....

AMERICAN BABY HERE I COME....

@ tyt just keep the faith never ever give up just know it just take a few hours to finish and you have there is still time just continue praying n you are in our prayers, I have a gud feeling about or case it may be so on r than u think, all the best bro

Reactions: tyt
Hi Forumates!!

I just wanted to wish all the remaining 2014 selectees the best of luck for their upcoming medicals and interviews.

Just to update everyone; I booked my flight today for the US. This trip is to merely activate my residency status - so I fly on the 29th of October and head back mid November. I will only make my big move in April next year.

A big thanks to @SusieQQQ for the flight advice - I ended up going with BA as they had the best layovers and price :)

Hi Forumates!!

I just wanted to wish all the remaining 2014 selectees the best of luck for their upcoming medicals and interviews.

Just to update everyone; I booked my flight today for the US. This trip is to merely activate my residency status - so I fly on the 29th of October and head back mid November. I will only make my big move in April next year.

A big thanks to @SusieQQQ for the flight advice - I ended up going with BA as they had the best layovers and price :)
You terminated the fight ticket :D

@sammie ameen...let the almighty God accept the prayer bro, let dis sadness hve and hppy ending for me by God grace!! And thank u bro 4 di prayer...may the good Lord be with u all here in this fouroum...

Sm1smom,
We surely need to link up in Oklahoma @ that party.

lol............ well thanks for the invite, although the OKC party is meant for you DV2015 set. But the truth is I don't even think it's something you guys will be able to do anytime soon. As new immigrants, most of you have no idea what you'll be getting into upon arrival. I mean, where are the original initiators who came up with the party idea? :rolleyes:

lol............ well thanks for the invite, although the OKC party is meant for you DV2015 set. But the truth is I don't even think it's something you guys will be able to do anytime soon. As new immigrants, most of you have no idea what you'll be getting into upon arrival. I mean, where are the original initiators who came up with the party idea? :rolleyes:

Very nice question...:D :D

GOOD MORNING FELLOWS:
I have come across this;
APPOINTMENTS: If you need to schedule or reschedule an appointment, or register for DHL in order to collect your passport, please visit our scheduling contractor’s website here (https://usvisa-info.com/en-ke/selfservice/us_immigrant_visas) or call them at (+254 20) 619-0600 +254 20 500-6656 (in Kenya) or +1 703 439 2302 (in the United States).

Appointments are scheduled for 6:30am, Monday through Thursday, excluding Kenyan or American holidays and the last Wednesday of every month. Immigrant Visa applicants will continue to pay required visa fees at the U.S. Embassy Nairobi cashier on the day of their interview.

Now what is gonna happen to those who are scheduled to do interviews on 27th August 2014 - because this happens to be the last Wednesday of the month. And as per the extract above this is not a working day. I have been chatting with some Gentleman n Lady from Upcountry - with their 3 kids n they where scheduled for that day.
Who can advice us here?
Call the Embassy,they will inform you on what to do

hi all..am Ingwe CN2015af16***...from kenya.Does it mean every selectee from kenya has to have the knec cert sent directly from knec offices?.I happen to have my original knec certs with me.Thanks
Every selectee has to do that.This was after most of the dv 2012 (the C grade thing ) used fradulent ways to upgrade their grades.

Don
WHY I SHOULD LEAVE...
I am very sad about some fellow mates in this forum for turning against me on hate speech and abusive language just bcoz I expressed my opinion,since I joined I havent posted any ill against anyone here coz I do respect and value each participation, but the most sad and amazing of it z the people we regard as mentors of the forum are the authors of this! if anyone of yu thot am in the forum to exchange words, my ethics and conscience does not allow.some guys in this forum have turned pessimistics and sadists and i feel bad when others tend to discourage others and preaching the Gospel of impossiblity, just a few days ago a guy was killing prince johns heart after sending the COGC that he gonn wait long, and wen i did say that his case was simplest coz the EMB wil value magnitude of cases the same guy abused me yesterday mocked my post and sorry for yua ill motive... PJ had gud news the nxt day, every one joined this forum to contribute sense and helpful issues coz we all hve one goal of achievement, I wonder how can someone join the forum barely 2 months and she starts entertaining utterances full of ignorance and disrespect! am tired of being disrespected and abused that I dont feel home anymore and am officially quitting this forum, I wish yu best guys Who eva wished me well in my trying moments, those awaiting medicals and intervs may God be wth yu! .
Don't quit Sir,you are a worrier.You have inspired us and made valuable post,we need your input even in 2015.