Paid Immigrant Fee but USICS has no record..

mrohit78

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
I applied for my mothers green card and she came to the US in Aug 2013. At that time she didn't pay the Immigrant Fee from her home country and when we were informed of this via a letter from USICS, I paid the fee using the ELIS system online. However even after paying the fees, USICS sent us a letter stating that the fee wasn't paid and that we should pay the fees online in the ELIS system (same letter as before). The second letter came about 6 weeks after we paid the fees online (I have receipts and everything).

So I called USICS and they said that I need to send a letter to them with the details of the case and a copy of the receipt from the ELIS system. I was told to send the letter to the address in the USICS letter. The problem that I am facing now is that the letter that I got from USICS doesn't have any PO Box number. The address on the letter is exactly as below:

US Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Texas Service Center
P.O. Box
Mesquite, TX 75185-1488

USICS customer service couldn't give me the PO Box no and apparently I have to take a Infopass appointment to get the right PO box address. Yae for efficient govt huh :). But my mom has left the country for the winter so that is not an option at the present. She is expected back only in May 2014.

Question:
What PO Box number should I send the letter too? I can't find anything online that helps me narrow this down. I am thinking its worth a shot to send the letter anyway even without getting the Infopass appointment.

Thanks in advance..

I also had the same experience as you.

Last November 2013, I paid the green card online. I got the email from pay.gov with the confirmation and receipt. But at that time, I was wondering why my payment has not been updated in my USCIS ELIS account. I thought that it will get updated soon.

I came here in America last December 2013 and my account hasn't been updated yet. So, I just waited for a couple of days. Then after 2 weeks, I was bothered because my account hasn't been updated yet. It says that they haven't received the payment yet. When I inquired in my bank, they said that the amount was already taken from my account.

I called the USCIS ELIS about my situation. They kept on asking me about the "IOE receipt number". I said that I don't have it. I gave them the details from the pay.gov email and they don't know how to use. They instructed me instead to send the proof that I paid to USCIS ELIS in Texas.

So I mailed to them the email I got from pay.gov and after 2 days, my USCIS ELIS account was updated. It says that they've already receive the payment. Now my account says that it has been ACCEPTED. I am now waiting for it to be OPTIMIZED then CLOSED. I hope that it won't take so long for them to process my green card.

I hope that this helps.

Same to you , I have problem . I will try as you do. Thank you very much.
I also had the same experience as you.

Last November 2013, I paid the green card online. I got the email from pay.gov with the confirmation and receipt. But at that time, I was wondering why my payment has not been updated in my USCIS ELIS account. I thought that it will get updated soon.

I came here in America last December 2013 and my account hasn't been updated yet. So, I just waited for a couple of days. Then after 2 weeks, I was bothered because my account hasn't been updated yet. It says that they haven't received the payment yet. When I inquired in my bank, they said that the amount was already taken from my account.

I called the USCIS ELIS about my situation. They kept on asking me about the "IOE receipt number". I said that I don't have it. I gave them the details from the pay.gov email and they don't know how to use. They instructed me instead to send the proof that I paid to USCIS ELIS in Texas.

So I mailed to them the email I got from pay.gov and after 2 days, my USCIS ELIS account was updated. It says that they've already receive the payment. Now my account says that it has been ACCEPTED. I am now waiting for it to be OPTIMIZED then CLOSED. I hope that it won't take so long for them to process my green card.

I hope that this helps.