• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Just wanted to ask whether anyone knows if it makes a difference when exactly you apply for the DV lottery in October? For instance, are you better off applying on the first day? Middle of the month? I know it's supposed to be random, but just curious if this has been discussed before.

For those of you who have been selected, when abouts did you apply in the month?

It is random - the CEAC data shows the dates of entry, and whilst there are some peaks they are explainable. For instance the last FULL entry date in DV2014 was 2 November 2012, and EU saw its biggest number of winner on that day - but that was probably the biggest number of entries also.

Just wanted to ask whether anyone knows if it makes a difference when exactly you apply for the DV lottery in October? For instance, are you better off applying on the first day? Middle of the month? I know it's supposed to be random, but just curious if this has been discussed before.

For those of you who have been selected, when abouts did you apply in the month?

If you want absolute proof that it's random, go read up on DV2012 when they had to cancel the initial draw because they discovered it had not been done randomly.

We applied on day 1 of the applications and got a safe but quite late number (current in June of our DV year.)

Applied on the 1st or the 2nd day and just made it this year - 600 CNs more and I would be out :) So yeah... Pretty much random selection.

Hi everyone,
Firstly, this forum has been very helpful over the past few months so thanks to everyone!
I am a 2015 selectee...OC9xx...and am thinking my interview will be Mar-Apr next year. I am so grateful and want to grab this opportunity with both hands, I also am itching to leave. My original plan was to leave in January and apply for an E3 but now it looks like holding off another 3-4 months. My question is, do you think it is better to hold off and wait or go, get the E3 and apply for AOS....is this even possible?
Thanks in advance :)

Hi everyone,
Firstly, this forum has been very helpful over the past few months so thanks to everyone!
I am a 2015 selectee...OC9xx...and am thinking my interview will be Mar-Apr next year. I am so grateful and want to grab this opportunity with both hands, I also am itching to leave. My original plan was to leave in January and apply for an E3 but now it looks like holding off another 3-4 months. My question is, do you think it is better to hold off and wait or go, get the E3 and apply for AOS....is this even possible?
Thanks in advance :)

Since E3s are job related, won't it mess up your employment if you wait?

Isn't E3 a non-immigrant visa? If so and it isn't dual intent then technically you cannot enter on an E3 with intent to adjust status.

Isn't E3 a non-immigrant visa? If so and it isn't dual intent then technically you cannot enter on an E3 with intent to adjust status.
Ok, thanks, makes sense. I'll be hanging around in Sydney a bit longer then :)

I applied on about the 24th Oct for the 2015 DV and got a pretty low number. I applied on the first or second day for the 2014 DV and got one of the highest numbers around - it's definitely random.

This is great, thanks for doing that! Good to have an idea of where we are all sitting.
Must say, I'm feeling a little uncomfortable up there at 17xx after catching up on the last few pages of everyone's predictions/calculations... :( Very appreciated though. I'd rather be prepared for the worst than get excited all year and then let down.

I've updated our list. Please let me know if I've missed anyone!

Tonis - xx (less than CN15)
Ozimattskey - 6x
ECM - 2xx
Essey - 4xx
SuicideBlonde - 4xx
nzangeleyes - 5xx
Aussiegemma - 6xx
EmilyW - 9xx
Zshep - 9xx
nycsteph - 13xx
Guestgulkan - 14xx
Japanaus - 14xx
Connectedspace - 15xx
Aussiecatherine - 16xx
Kellie - 17xx
MrKiwi - 18xx
hopefulinnz - 19xx
AussieInLDN - 21xx
Codyf21 - 21xx
Abbie - 22xx

Hi all! DV selectee here from NZ with a CN of 6xx.
It's my very first time on this forum so apologies if this is a stupid question, but after submitting the DS-260 do KCC only contact you again 6-8 weeks before your interview to let you know your interview date? Or will they confirm receipt before then? And if there are any issues with the DS-260 will they let you know as well?
Thanks heaps!

Hi all! DV selectee here from NZ with a CN of 6xx.
It's my very first time on this forum so apologies if this is a stupid question, but after submitting the DS-260 do KCC only contact you again 6-8 weeks before your interview to let you know your interview date? Or will they confirm receipt before then? And if there are any issues with the DS-260 will they let you know as well?
Thanks heaps!

For CP, they don't contact you until they schedule your case. They will not generally contact you about your 260, although you can contact them and unlock the form if you think you made a mistake. You can correct simple mistakes during the interview....

For CP, they don't contact you until they schedule your case. They will not generally contact you about your 260, although you can contact them and unlock the form if you think you made a mistake. You can correct simple mistakes during the interview....

Just to confirm, so the next time I hear from them it will be to schedule my interview? I read for previous couple of years selectees would receive emails confirming that KCC has received their forms. Is this different now that everything is filled in online?

Just to confirm, so the next time I hear from them it will be to schedule my interview? I read for previous couple of years selectees would receive emails confirming that KCC has received their forms. Is this different now that everything is filled in online?

Yes confirmed.

You can email them and ask things like is your form processed, however they tend to reply with generic emails that confuse people. Remember it is not there job to check if you did your form correctly and they (KCC) cannot disqualify you no matter how badly you screw up you form. However, they can raise a red flag for further investigation/discussion at the embassy during your interview (for things like suddenly remembering you are now married with 14 children you didn't mention on the original entry).

Yes confirmed.

You can email them and ask things like is your form processed, however they tend to reply with generic emails that confuse people. Remember it is not there job to check if you did your form correctly and they (KCC) cannot disqualify you no matter how badly you screw up you form. However, they can raise a red flag for further investigation/discussion at the embassy during your interview (for things like suddenly remembering you are now married with 14 children you didn't mention on the original entry).
I emailed them to confirm as well, as I thought they sent email confirmation, however I think it was due to previous years being paper based. They just told me that it was up to me to ensure that my DS260 was true and accurate, so if you have submitted it and got your confirmation page then you should hear from them when a interview is ready, or in alot cases for DV2014 (hopefully not for DV2015) you never hear from them at all.

can't be too long now till the next VB !! It will have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on my outcome, but I still feel a little excited all the same LOL

can't be too long now till the next VB !! It will have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on my outcome, but I still feel a little excited all the same LOL
I wonder if they have taken my approach of working from the highest numbers first. Lets say they will only process numbers above 1900 for October :)