• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hi eveyone!
I have been reading this forum for some days now and wow, you guys are better than wikipedia :D
I am a DV2015 selectee with CN EU11***. According to last years statistics (VBs) the interview should be around December-January. Is this a rough guess?
I still haven't submitted the DS 260 form as me and my wife are still waiting our kid's passport to be issued by late August. We had to wait a while bcs our baby is only about 4 months now but before it was so difficult to get a photo of him for the passport :) As soon as we get his passport (late August) we'll submit the DS 260 form. Shall we be on time by then?
Thanks a lot for your kind answers and good luck to everyone!

Hi eveyone!
I have been reading this forum for some days now and wow, you guys are better than wikipedia :D
I am a DV2015 selectee with CN EU11***. According to last years statistics (VBs) the interview should be around December-January. Is this a rough guess?
I still haven't submitted the DS 260 form as me and my wife are still waiting our kid's passport to be issued by late August. We had to wait a while bcs our baby is only about 4 months now but before it was so difficult to get a photo of him for the passport :) As soon as we get his passport (late August) we'll submit the DS 260 form. Shall we be on time by then?

Yeah, submitting your forms in late August or September 2014 shouldn't be a problem.

Actually with Option A, I believe I've read from one of the official sources (unfortunately I don't recollect which one at the moment) that unlocking the DS form will not cause a delay in scheduling. What I'm not certain about though is if KCC will still go ahead and schedule anyone who is current even if they've not re-submitted their application. I need to find that source and go over it again to get a better understanding.

Interesting. In the "old" days they only scheduled "processed" cases. So - the OP should call KCC to avoid the interview scheduling (if she chooses option A)

Hi eveyone!

Yep you are correct on all counts and doing the right things. No problem delaying your 260 forms a bit.

Thanks a lot Sm1smom & Britsimon. I feel quiet now.
What about the police record when it has to be issued in another country (former residence during studies), do I have to be physically there to get it or some friend of mine can get it for me with a proxy document?

Thanks a lot Sm1smom & Britsimon. I feel quiet now.
What about the police record when it has to be issued in another country (former residence during studies), do I have to be physically there to get it or some friend of mine can get it for me with a proxy document?

You check out the reciprocity page for the country you need to get a police cert - there are instructions on that page.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html

Actually with Option A, I believe I've read from one of the official sources (unfortunately I don't recollect which one at the moment) that unlocking the DS form will not cause a delay in scheduling. What I'm not certain about though is if KCC will still go ahead and schedule anyone who is current even if they've not re-submitted their application. I need to find that source and go over it again to get a better understanding.

I read this too and my understanding was that once a form has been processed "once", even if unlocked the interview date remains the same.

Other than that agree with Simon's advice.

Hi All

As I start prepare the Documents , I have a question , how much is the validity of the police record , Is it one year ??

And if didn't , visit my home country for over 4 years , while I have old Police Record More than a year , is that still valid ??

I couldn't find any details in that regards any where , appreciate any help

Thanks

Okay, Thanks for your fast response!

About the reason for the F1 rejection was 214(b) second check box:
"You have not shown that you are a student qualified to pursue a full course of study in the United States, ...."

The reason CO rejected his application was, i think, because he was going to study the same level of degree with same title. But the stream was different.
How much would that affect?
hay68 what is your country of chargeability?

hay68 what is your country of chargeability?
I am not sure about what "country of Chargeability" is, but if it helps:
I am Ethiopian and my Interview is going to be in Addis (US embassy). He applied the for the F1 visa in Italy.

Hi All

As I start prepare the Documents , I have a question , how much is the validity of the police record , Is it one year ??

And if didn't , visit my home country for over 4 years , while I have old Police Record More than a year , is that still valid ??

Thanks

Validity varies depending on country of issue, can be anywhere from 3 to 12 months.
Yes technically your old one has expired. Please check the reciprocity by country pages from the civil documents section of the dvselectee site to see how to get a new one. You may be lucky and be allowed to use the old one but it is better not to take the chance if you can get a new one from outside the country.

Just some general questions to all the mods and known members here. First off, thanks a lot for taking the time and trouble to be here for us.

Are all of you in the USA now ? Did you get to go to the USA via this DV programme yourselves ?
Do you get any benefits for being here for us ?

Just some general questions to all the mods and known members here. First off, thanks a lot for taking the time and trouble to be here for us.

Are all of you in the USA now ? Did you get to go to the USA via this DV programme yourselves ?
Do you get any benefits for being here for us ?

I am in the USA on an H1 visa - my wife is a DV2014 selectee and we are going through the aos process. No, we (mods or regulars) don't get any benefits for being here - many people who are here were helped by others and are staying around to "pay it forward".

I read this too and my understanding was that once a form has been processed "once", even if unlocked the interview date remains the same.

Other than that agree with Simon's advice.

Phew! :oops: Thanks for confirming you also came across that. I've been trolling the net since my last post trying to find the link without any success and I was beginning to doubt myself or wondering if it was a made-up article all in my head. Almost going crazy trying to prove to myself I'm not crazy :D

Hi eveyone!
Urime Flori dhe suksese.

Hi All

Thanks
To add to Susie's point about country specific, some country never have an expiration date on the police cert.
In that case, it's depending on the GC or Embassy. You will find some indication if you go through documents in CG or Embassy website.
For example, in the GC Hong Kong website regarding K visa (did not find any DV doc regarding this, no reason to believe they will treat the same cert differently in different visa class), it clearly states Non-US police cert for your current residence must be no more than 12 months old.If you have lived in the US for more than 12 months old, then police cert for your foreign residence may be more than 12 months old. However, non-US police cert must still cover the entire time...

See attached for details

Attachments

• K Visa.pdf
    661.6 KB · Views: 7
I have 2 questions:

1) How similar do you think 2015 is compared to 2014 in terms of Asia CN progression? (Other than the obvious we will have a better idea by the advance VB in mid Aug?)
2) What would be your current prediction of interview date for AS10XXX (mid 10000) ?

To add to Susie's point about country specific, some country never have an expiration date on the police cert.
In that case, it's depending on the GC or Embassy. You will find some indication if you go through documents in CG or Embassy website.
For example, in the GC Hong Kong website regarding K visa (did not find any DV doc regarding this, no reason to believe they will treat the same cert differently in different visa class), it clearly states Non-US police cert for your current residence must be no more than 12 months old.If you have lived in the US for more than 12 months old, then police cert for your foreign residence may be more than 12 months old. However, non-US police cert must still cover the entire time...

See attached for details

All that says is that if you have lived in the US for the past year or more it doesn't matter about previous expiry dates. The vast majority of people who have been living in the US will not be undergoing consular processing so this won't apply. I did not see anything else in the link you posted that says you can present an expired certificate.