• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

Hey Man. You need to hook me up. Just a small extract. Just something to keep me going. I've got money , got stuff. Just need a dose, just a sniff, couple of grams, anything ! :D:D:D

I seem to be suffering from CEAC withdrawal :D Can't wait for the new data :)

Waddya need buddy, eu?

No, unfortunately they did not say that they will expedite immigrant visa as such. What they did say, and posted on the website, is that they will seek to issue and print all visa on a priority basis, including adoption cases etc. Also, US passport and birth certificate issuing is being affected. The above is the reason they are currently assigning a propriety class to every case. Let's remain calm, the IT issue may be resolved shortly and, as long as one doesn't intend to fly to the US in the coming days, one won't be affected by this. Best!
There was an annoucement on the DOS facebook where is was clearly stipulated, that they are priorizing immigrant visas.
It was on the kenyan thread I think!

Yo S! How long does it take you to grab all of the data? Rafik had some problems and it took him a while to grab all of it each month. Was it his network speed or something else? CEAC response time ?

Technically it is the end of the month today so I wouldn't mind having a quick look at the data tonight. Just to keep my inner "cry baby" happy and see that there are still plenty of visas left for August ;)

Last edited:
Yo S! How long does it take you to grab all of the data? Rafik had some problems and it took him a while to grab all of it each month. Was it his network speed or something else? CEAC response time ?

Technically it is the end of the month today so I wouldn't mind having a quick look at the data tonight. Just to keep my inner "cry baby" happy and see that there are still plenty of visas left for August ;)

The script runs the numbers one by one (I could ask for SQL access, but I doubt they would oblige). So yeah, it takes a few hours to do all the regions. I can run EU in a couple of hours from now (from work) although I think it won't be fully updated as it appears some updates are done case by case, and others are updated in batch at the end of the month. I can tell you that EU was about 15.3 a few days ago.

By the way, I actually want to collect the data differently for DV2015. I would like to capture all updates to a database, with a date stamp, and then track case updates etc. There is a lot we don'y know about old cases staying at ready, AP cases, density/maturity and so on. Having a nice db with all that in would allow some better analysis of the data. If anyone has skills/time to help with that, PM me.

The script runs the numbers one by one (I could ask for SQL access, but I doubt they would oblige). So yeah, it takes a few hours to do all the regions. I can run EU in a couple of hours from now (from work) although I think it won't be fully updated as it appears some updates are done case by case, and others are updated in batch at the end of the month. I can tell you that EU was about 15.3 a few days ago.

By the way, I actually want to collect the data differently for DV2015. I would like to capture all updates to a database, with a date stamp, and then track case updates etc. There is a lot we don'y know about old cases staying at ready, AP cases, density/maturity and so on. Having a nice db with all that in would allow some better analysis of the data. If anyone has skills/time to help with that, PM me.
Excellent catch simon, the ones that doesn't update are surely the ''dead readies''.
Why don't you ask rafikbo to assist you ?

Excellent catch simon, the ones that doesn't update are surely the ''dead readies''.
Why don't you ask rafikbo to assist you ?

Yeah, I'd like to understand the dead readies a bit more

I'd love it if Rafikbo could help - but I'm not sure his heart is in it. I modified the extract to write the date so it is just a matter of loading a database and developing the reports (a sort of dashboard) to allow analysis. I also got a domain to host it on and add some more stuff.

Happy to see 15.3 as I estimated 15.5 at the end of August. They still seem to be running at the same pace. I expect AF to hit similar number. Maybe a bit more as they might have started clearing APs.

Looks to me that August peeps should be OK for visas.

Great idea with the new database. Having more time stamped attributes to each case would definitely help.

It is my understanding we are not aware of the EU region quota for DV2014, how is knowing 15.3K visas have been issued going to help? What do you compare that to?

It is my understanding we are not aware of the EU region quota for DV2014, how is knowing 15.3K visas have been issued going to help? What do you compare that to?

That is a fair point. I think most of us are working on the expectation that EU is going to go to something like 18/19k. That is a lot higher than the 16.5 issued last year. The explanation for that is probably that EU has not been hitting its quota, thus allowing other regions to benefit. However EU was a front runner all year and appears to be winning at the expense of other regions, but that may not be a fair assessment of what happened. That is what happens when we base quota assumptions on previous (underfilled) years.

Reactions: one
KCC have been issuing visas pretty much at the same pace over last 4-5 months both for AF and EU. When they announced August bulletin with EU staying at 40150 and AF and AS small increases it was in my opinion a clear signal that EU quota for this year is enough to cover CNs up to 40150 at the expense of AF probably.

I don't think it's possible to guess what EU quota was over last few years as EU went current and that suggests that they under selected EU in few previous lotteries.

From what I have seen in CEAC, September bulletin numbers are just below of what is needed to hit 50k so in my opinion it would be crazy to impose a regional limit and cancel already scheduled interviews.

I might be wrong but I think all of the people who received 2nl will have their interviews.

KCC have been issuing visas pretty much at the same pace over last 4-5 months both for AF and EU. When they announced August bulletin with EU staying at 40150 and AF and AS small increases it was in my opinion a clear signal that EU quota for this year is enough to cover CNs up to 40150 at the expense of AF probably.

I don't think it's possible to guess what EU quota was over last few years as EU went current and that suggests that they under selected EU in few previous lotteries.

From what I have seen in CEAC, September bulletin numbers are just below of what is needed to hit 50k so in my opinion it would be crazy to impose a regional limit and cancel already scheduled interviews.

I might be wrong but I think all of the people who received 2nl will have their interviews.

Absolutely correct.

USA DOS about 1 hour ago posted on their Persian-language Facebook page that "The visa limit for all six geographic regions is reached. This is based on the applicants that their initial interview has been set from now until the end of September. Therefore, those applicants that do not attend their initial interview or (for any reason) are invited to re-do the initial interview, are in the serious danger of not having enough visa quota left."

USA DOS about 1 hour ago posted on their Persian-language Facebook page that "The visa limit for all six geographic regions is reached. This is based on the applicants that their initial interview has been set from now until the end of September. Therefore, those applicants that do not attend their initial interview or (for any reason) are invited to re-do the initial interview, are in the serious danger of not having enough visa quota left."

Link?