• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September VB - DV14 Last Chapter

Sloner my kameraden, don't mind franko ;)
He's always been a bad boy :)

Simon, my status has been updated today 30 july 2014.
Do you think its the medicals files ?!
Or do they just a system update ?

Sloner my kameraden, don't mind franko ;)
He's always been a bad boy :)

Simon, my status has been updated today 30 july 2014.
Do you think its the medicals files ?!
Or do they just a system update ?

Not sure Vladdy - could well be an embassy update - but that is a bit odd as I was expecting that to happen at the end of the month...

Франко, many people did not get an interview. Do not annoy them.:(

But there are still people waiting for their August and September interviews and are worried that visas are running out. Should we stop posting because we might hurt people's feelings?

I'm not saying this to rub it in Dude. Life goes on. With or without visas.

Last edited:
Hey everybody !
Right now I am so worried that I need to get your point of view ! In fact I mainly need you to calm down !
So we got our interview yesterday in Fidji and everything went well, we just got 2 or 3 questions but the CO told us everything was fine and she would like to have people like us in the US... BUT she explained us that there is a worldwide problem with visa and it can take 1 more week or 2 to get printed. It means for us delay our flight back and many trouble with employer as it wasn't planned and are expected to work. Anyway this is not the real issue. The thing is, in the meantime, many people get the visa and somehow are granted before us. And the CO explained us very clearly that she does not want to give us back our passeport before having printed the visa as they are probably going to run off visa at the end of august, or even in 2 weeks. What do you think of that ? Now i am starting to think we won't get the visa as the end is coming very very soon ... (According to this CO)

Hey everybody !
Right now I am so worried that I need to get your point of view ! In fact I mainly need you to calm down !
So we got our interview yesterday in Fidji and everything went well, we just got 2 or 3 questions but the CO told us everything was fine and she would like to have people like us in the US... BUT she explained us that there is a worldwide problem with visa and it can take 1 more week or 2 to get printed. It means for us delay our flight back and many trouble with employer as it wasn't planned and are expected to work. Anyway this is not the real issue. The thing is, in the meantime, many people get the visa and somehow are granted before us. And the CO explained us very clearly that she does not want to give us back our passeport before having printed the visa as they are probably going to run off visa at the end of august, or even in 2 weeks. What do you think of that ? Now i am starting to think we won't get the visa as the end is coming very very soon ... (According to this CO)

If your visa has been granted then it is yours. They cannot give it to someone else. It's just the printing process that has been affected by the computer system issue. Even if there will be loads of people interviewed after you and granted visas, they will have to wait to get their visas printed also. I would assume that visas will be printed on the first comes first gets visa printed basis :)

Wait till Saturday when the Indian company "Britsimon Incorporated" extracts the data from the CEAC system and we will know approximately how many visas are left for August.

Last edited:
Hey everybody !
As franky said your visa is very safe, just matter of time ( maximum 3 weeks) than they will print out your visa, its just a technical and temporary problem, enjoy the fidji trip and felicitations farma.

Hey everybody !

To add to what the people above have said, someone else (was it euro2014?) reported that they can expedite printing of certain visas if there is an urgency involved. Have you explained to them that you have flights booked back? When is your flight?
And yes again don't worry, you will get your visa. It has already been granted, it is just the printing of it that they are waiting for.

The thing is she said everything is ok except she can not do the clearance check because of the worldwide issue (not sure to understand the link between printing visa and clearance check !).
The visa has not been granted, she kept our passeport waiting for the clearance check and then if everything is ok she will grant the visa. She told us to call her back on Friday to see if she was able to have all the informations and if we need to go back to the embassy and pick up our visas.
She asked when was our flight (saturday) and advised us to delay from 1 week. That is when she said we are rushing of time and the visas are going to be exhausted very very soon so we have no time for another solution.
In fact all is messed up because of this worldwide issue !

The thing is she said everything is ok except she can not do the clearance check because of the worldwide issue (not sure to understand the link between printing visa and clearance check !).
The visa has not been granted, she kept our passeport waiting for the clearance check and then if everything is ok she will grant the visa. She told us to call her back on Friday to see if she was able to have all the informations and if we need to go back to the embassy and pick up our visas.
She asked when was our flight (saturday) and advised us to delay from 1 week. That is when she said we are rushing of time and the visas are going to be exhausted very very soon so we have no time for another solution.

Then it has to be case specific issue as Euro (his visa was actually granted) reported couple of days ago that his visa will be expedited and printed as soon as possible.

Then it has to be case specific issue as Euro (his visa was actually granted) reported couple of days ago that his visa will be expedited and printed as soon as possible.
And they explicitly said they will expediate the immigrant visas!
So I guess farmas case is about back-round check, since as far as I recall, she's french nd her hubby is working in NZ I think and the interview was done in fidji...
Anyway I believe she will be ok

Did you get a letter saying you were on administrative processing?

Your Message seems to suggest that you may have included very little, if any safety net in terms of the date of your booked return flight. Even under normal circumstances, ie without current IT visa printing issues, you may well have struggled to have your passports returned to you in time for any flights this Saturday. Be it as it will, at this stage of the game the watchword is "waiting", there is nothing else you possibly can do, other then call/e-mail and try to annoy them, which clearly is not something I personally would recommend you to do. On the bright side, with no additional issues related to your application, other than printing, (not sure about your clearance check issue you mentioned above) your DV visa are safe, as respective numbers already have been assigned to your case. Worst thing that may happen in that case is that you may have to rebook your flights ($300/ticket + any fare differential). Best!

Last edited:
And they explicitly said they will expediate the immigrant visas!
So I guess farmas case is about back-round check, since as far as I recall, she's french nd her hubby is working in NZ I think and the interview was done in fidji...
Anyway I believe she will be ok
No, unfortunately they did not say that they will expedite immigrant visa as such. What they did say, and posted on the website, is that they will seek to issue and print all visa on a priority basis, including adoption cases etc. Also, US passport and birth certificate issuing is being affected. The above is the reason they are currently assigning a propriety class to every case. Let's remain calm, the IT issue may be resolved shortly and, as long as one doesn't intend to fly to the US in the coming days, one won't be affected by this. Best!

Last edited:
Hi Guys! Please have a look.

"Q: Will this have any impact on the Diversity Visa program in September?

While issuances of all immigrant visas, including diversity visas, have been impacted in the past few days, IV processing continues and remains a high priority. The Department expects to have used all numbers for DV-2014 when the program year ends on September 30, 2014."

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/ccd-performance-issues.html

@Farma how did you pay for the interview? maybe they are waiting to clear the (bank) check and until then they cannot grant you a visa (and therefore printing it)? Just guessing.

@Farma how did you pay for the interview? maybe they are waiting to clear the (bank) check and until then they cannot grant you a visa (and therefore printing it)? Just guessing.

Not aware of any embassy that accepts checks. Standard is cash (local currency or USD) or credit card.

With CA cases, the visa is allocated prior to the interview. Embassies are supposed to report activities back so that denied cases can be reallocated. So even if the printing cannot be completed and even if there is some issue causing a case to be held up (I.e. not granted) the visa is there.

AP cases lose their spot but I don't know how quickly.

I suggest checking your case number on Ceac.

With CA cases, the visa is allocated prior to the interview. Embassies are supposed to report activities back so that denied cases can be reallocated. So even if the printing cannot be completed and even if there is some issue causing a case to be held up (I.e. not granted) the visa is there.

AP cases lose their spot but I don't know how quickly.

I suggest checking your case number on Ceac.

Hey Man. You need to hook me up. Just a small extract. Just something to keep me going. I've got money , got stuff. Just need a dose, just a sniff, couple of grams, anything ! :D:D:D

I seem to be suffering from CEAC withdrawal :D Can't wait for the new data :)