• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

embassy rescheduled the interview from there own

Sudanbye

Hi every body
US embassy in Riyadh informed me that they has rescheduled my interview from there own without my request , is that seems normal ?
thank you for share in advance

That has happened to a few others also - it doesn't mean anything bad. Is the new date earlier or later than the old date?

Sudanbye;
How did they inform you ? By email? Thanks
they have sent an email , i think the email is belong to one staff of embassy because it ends with state .gov and 2 days later i have received a phone call from the same person he introduced him self he is from US embassy and conformed the new appointment

Paying Fees
Before being interviewed, each applicant must pay the Diversity Visa Lottery fee. For DV-2015 and DV-2014 applicants, the fee is $330 per person. This fee is nonrefundable, whether a visa is issued or not. Learn more about Fees.

Just noticed the above part from the second letter. Do we have to pay the fees (330$ DV Surcharge + 165$ USCIS visa issuance fee) on the interview day in Riyadh embassy or prior to that online?

Paying Fees
Before being interviewed, each applicant must pay the Diversity Visa Lottery fee. For DV-2015 and DV-2014 applicants, the fee is $330 per person. This fee is nonrefundable, whether a visa is issued or not. Learn more about Fees.

Just noticed the above part from the second letter. Do we have to pay the fees (330$ DV Surcharge + 165$ USCIS visa issuance fee) on the interview day in Riyadh embassy or prior to that online?

You pay the $330 fee at the embassy. You only pay the $165 fee if you get a visa, and that is done online after you get your visa packet but before you enter the US. The $165 is not a visa issuance fee, it covers the cost of green card production and USCIS maintaining your immigrant file.