• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

thanks Britsimon :)
Hope my first changes did not delayed my interview tho...

Well you should be ok. EU mighht not start off so high anyway but if you are current for October your case will need to be ready for scheduling in about 2 weeks.

Hi everyone (particularly Britsimon and anyone who is in the Oceania region), I'm a New Zealander and have been selected for the DV2015 in Oceania with a high case number: OC22xx. After pedantically reading forums and threads on various websites regarding case nos etc, am I correct in assuming that it is highly unlikely for me to get an interview next year? The bulletin for DV2014 has indicated that the Oceania case numbers won't even go current this year - BOO HISS. I hate to sound negative but I feel so gutted and it makes me feel like I'd rather have not been selected in the first place. I have read that there has been an over selection in the past couple of years?

The hard thing also is that due to not having an interview until Aug/Sep next year (IF I am lucky enough to get one which I am now doubting) I am also putting of my Canadian visa application for as long as possible but the cut off for that is before my 36th birthday which is in January and the visa numbers for that are going down also. There are currently only 800 or so left. Hmmm, difficult decision as I didn't want to enter Canada until after the end of the 2015 fiscal year for the DV programme in case I get an interview....... arrrgghhhh... I am so frustrated and upset, I am single, a high school teacher, can speak two languages, have a degree...it almost seems like a cruel joke. If anyone can shed any glimmer of hope on my case I would appreciate it very, very much. I feel like I belong in North America! .......and thanks for putting up with my rants!!

Hi everyone, please i have a few questions ,..if anyone can help me ..
my CN 2015AS000008xx ...
1 - i am Syrian, i live in uae and the interveiw will be in UAE ,do i have to get all my documents certified from uae ?or it's enough to certify them from my birth country?
2 - when my interveiw will be current?
3 - i already have a valid visit visa to usa ..can i visit usa before my interveiw or that will decrease my chances of getting approved?
thanx in advance

Hi everyone (particularly Britsimon and anyone who is in the Oceania region), I'm a New Zealander and have been selected for the DV2015 in Oceania with a high case number: OC22xx. After pedantically reading forums and threads on various websites regarding case nos etc, am I correct in assuming that it is highly unlikely for me to get an interview next year? The bulletin for DV2014 has indicated that the Oceania case numbers won't even go current this year - BOO HISS. I hate to sound negative but I feel so gutted and it makes me feel like I'd rather have not been selected in the first place. I have read that there has been an over selection in the past couple of years?

The hard thing also is that due to not having an interview until Aug/Sep next year (IF I am lucky enough to get one which I am now doubting) I am also putting of my Canadian visa application for as long as possible but the cut off for that is before my 36th birthday which is in January and the visa numbers for that are going down also. There are currently only 800 or so left. Hmmm, difficult decision as I didn't want to enter Canada until after the end of the 2015 fiscal year for the DV programme in case I get an interview....... arrrgghhhh... I am so frustrated and upset, I am single, a high school teacher, can speak two languages, have a degree...it almost seems like a cruel joke. If anyone can shed any glimmer of hope on my case I would appreciate it very, very much. I feel like I belong in North America! .......and thanks for putting up with my rants!!

I see you saw my other post and yeah I totally understand your feeling.

Realistically, there is probably only a very small chance your number will ever get current. If it did get current it would not be before September of next year at the very earliest, and if that happened you could interview in Canada if you were resident there by then.

I guess what I am saying is with what you have said, I would emphasise the advice to not delay anything waiting for the DV2015 win to be useful. It probably won't be. You can re-enter DV2016 of course - many OCers have and got drawn again!

Hi everyone, please i have a few questions ,..if anyone can help me ..
my CN 2015AS000008xx ...
1 - i am Syrian, i live in uae and the interveiw will be in UAE ,do i have to get all my documents certified from uae ?or it's enough to certify them from my birth country?
2 - when my interveiw will be current?
3 - i already have a valid visit visa to usa ..can i visit usa before my interveiw or that will decrease my chances of getting approved?
thanx in advance

1. I don't think you need documents "certified" as such, but they need to be translated into English or the local official language where you interview.
2. If you're number is 800 - 900 range then you will almost certainly be interviewed in October. You will be notiified of your interview date in about 3 weeks.
3. You can visit before the interview - but it is going to be soon!

Thank u Britsimon so much.. i have another question plz ..
do i need to get a police clearance certificate from both my home country and my resident country?

Thank u Britsimon so much.. i have another question plz ..
do i need to get a police clearance certificate from both my home country and my resident country?

The rule is that you need a police cert if you have lived in another country for 12 months or more. However, you need to read the reciprocity pages for each country to check whether police certs are expected for each country. You should also read the dvselectee website as the instructions are very clear and it is essential you follow them correctly. That site would have answered your question - so that tells me you have homework to do!

I see you saw my other post and yeah I totally understand your feeling.

Realistically, there is probably only a very small chance your number will ever get current. If it did get current it would not be before September of next year at the very earliest, and if that happened you could interview in Canada if you were resident there by then.

I guess what I am saying is with what you have said, I would emphasise the advice to not delay anything waiting for the DV2015 win to be useful. It probably won't be. You can re-enter DV2016 of course - many OCers have and got drawn again!
Thanks again. Is it easy to change my preferred consulate choice from NZ to one in Canada then? I guess it must be as cases such as mine must occur all the time...

Thanks again. Is it easy to change my preferred consulate choice from NZ to one in Canada then? I guess it must be as cases such as mine must occur all the time...

Yes, you would simply request to unlock your 260, update the address and make the consulate change and tas long as that is done and processed before they schedule you, you will (should) interview at the new choice.

A question please to all experienced DV guys:

How will Nigeria's ineligibility for DV-2015 affect CN's in other regions, especially Asia? Will its visas be distributed among the regions, or just among the remaining eligible African countries?
I'm worried about my chance after the catastrophe of DV-2014 :(

Thanks all! :)

A question please to all experienced DV guys:

How will Nigeria's ineligibility for DV-2015 affect CN's in other regions, especially Asia? Will its visas be distributed among the regions, or just among the remaining eligible African countries?
I'm worried about my chance after the catastrophe of DV-2014 :(

Thanks all! :)

My understanding is that their visas will be available to the general pool (every region) so their 3200 visas will mean about 600 more for Asia. That will help all Asia, except of course Nepal (capable of hitting 7% with the 5k selectees).

My understanding is that their visas will be available to the general pool (every region) so their 3200 visas will mean about 600 more for Asia. That will help all Asia, except of course Nepal (capable of hitting 7% with the 5k selectees).

Thanks a lot @Britsimon, I'm not from Nepal, so that's good to hear!

Agreed but sometimes the official sources are good at giving us a run around. The embassy refer to KCC and KCC refer to embassy.

Really has that been your experience? My experience has been quite simple, when KCC have the file they are in charge of your case, when an appointment has been scheduled and your file sent on then it goes to the embassy. I don't see how that can possibly affect the question you asked and I answered in any case, but if you want to ignore embassy instructions about when to schedule your medical, that's up to you.

anyone help me if , I do I get job offer or any link related to search for the professional job before my cn is scheduled? is it possible if someone get job offer before his case no current will he/ she can apply visas on employment bases?

anyone help me if , I do I get job offer or any link related to search for the professional job before my cn is scheduled? is it possible if someone get job offer before his case no current will he/ she can apply visas on employment bases?

You have to have an exceptional skill level or expertise that makes you stand out. Even with that, it is usually easier to hire the candidate that is right there, ikn the US already...