Health Insurance

Ms.A

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone been able to purchase health insurance as an asylum applicant? Please let me know where from! Thank you.

hi

you can purchase health insurance under the affordable care act "Obama Care" , if you have work authorization . but i could not find a clean answer about the eligibility of an asylum seeker for the Health Care Tax credit >

Thank you! I wish I knew this before the deadline. When I was searching then the answer online seemed to be no! I just lost my other health insurance so maybe I will be eligible as an "exception" for the deadline.

Hi all,

I have a related question. Will only pending asylum status be fined if they don't have any health insurance? Please do respond and thanks for your time.

Hi all,

I have a related question. Will only pending asylum status be fined if they don't have any health insurance? Please do respond and thanks for your time.

only Citizens and permanent residents are required to buy health insurance.

I thought that asylum applicants with a EAC are eligible to apply through ACA - after over 1 hour of being on the phone, they first tole me I am eligible for medicaid then told me I am not eligible for anything bc of my immigration status. Has anyone been able to successfully obtain health coverage through ACA?

I thought that asylum applicants with a EAC are eligible to apply through ACA - after over 1 hour of being on the phone, they first tole me I am eligible for medicaid then told me I am not eligible for anything bc of my immigration status. Has anyone been able to successfully obtain health coverage through ACA?

the affordable care act website clearly indicate that an asylum applicant with EAD is eligible to apply for health care insurance under ACA

check this link
https://www.healthcare.gov/am-i-eligible-for-coverage-in-the-marketplace/

Medicare eligibility is depends on your income and your state, every state has their own eligibility requirements

Thank you nss2009. I was also aware of that exact webpage and kept referring to it to the person on the phone - however even though I was on the phone over 4 hours about this they could not figure out what to do. I will call again tomorrow and try again.

Ok so I was able to actually solve my problem by speaking to someone at the "Account Review Division" when I called them. I suggest the same for someone having a similar problem!