• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

niaje pose ulipata ujumbe zangu
@Britsimon you bet it does for me atleast. Oh my the city I come from(Mombasa) the temperatures right now are the lowest we have experienced( 22/23' Centigrade). Mostly our temperatures are between 29-31' Centigrade. Infact when I go to Nairobi I freeze am always in a sweater. Having said that, weather is not the number one determinant for me right now, maybe once I settle in then maybe yes.

@joyce thanks for the information about our Afro Hair. I shall make it a point to learn more about my hair.

Please someone help me know how to transfer credits from an international University to a USA college. Thank you.

Good afternoon my family,
@ exactly 10:35am my visa was granted,i had to wear my wrist watch so that i could keep track of time...thank you all for your prayers,wishing those with interviews and medicals all the best..am not good at narrating but Il try my best;;
i arrived at the embassy at around 6:10am and my letter was written 6:30am,i found a small Que,like 10people ahead of me.The guard at the gate tells us to remove our passport and appointment letter as they start checking us,one Que is for men and the other for women.That was the first check,the second one you que again and a lady check your appointment letter and confirms on another list on her desk,after which you enter a security room where you surrender your(switched off phone),among other things you have carried on a big basin.after they check you are given back your documents ,wallet but your phone is left in the room but you are given a tag to collect it later.
Then you are directed to a shelter where people wait to be called on the counters,but first before you get sited you enter the building where you are given a number,now you go outside and get sited and wait to be called.
First i was called to counter 4 where my original certs were taken and my old photos returned as i submitted my latest ones,then the clerk gave me a payslip to go and pay the 330 dollars,then i returned the receipt to counter 4,and was asked to wait outside.
That is the longest time ever,please take NOTE,for those who have not gone there,that place is seriously cold,its an open place with the roof covered so the sides don't have barriers..i wait and wait and i made friends with a Rwandan brother i met there,,,after hours of waiting my name is called to counter 9 where the C.O is..
C.O...do you swear blah...
ME: i do
C.O ..when did u complete high skul
ME:........
CO:Which other country have ever been to?
ME:Ug...
CO:Wch university
ME: Makerere
CO:who is your host
ME:i want to change my host (i had written it on a piece of paper)i give the CO..
CO:Your visa has been granted
ME:Thank you
The C.O gives me the green paper and asks me to go register wth DHL,and will receive my package in 2 or 3 weeks though tho on the green paper it is written one week..
Unfortunately my Rwanda friend was given an Administrative process letter that they had to confirm his Diploma papers,but i pray that it is confirmed soon,coz it was really sad.

I thank God for all of you and for the far he has brought all of us.We give all the glory to him.Forgive my typing error..God bless you all/

Congratulations Nicy..no to prepare for the move

U.S. Department of State: Consular Affairs
1 hr ·
As of July 27, the Department of State has made continued progress on restoring our system to full functionality. As we restore our ability to print visas, we are prioritizing immigrant cases, including adoptions visas. System engineers are performing maintenance to address the problems we encountered. As system performance improves, we will continue to process visas at U.S. Embassies and Consulates worldwide. We are committed to resolving the problem as soon as possible. Additional updates will be posted to travel.state.gov as more information becomes available.

Courtesy of the DOS Facebook page.

Morning my friends,
Can someone explain to me the procedure for picking your parcel at the DHL,i think i missed something while registering..thank you

hw sure are you????

Very sure. The cutoff that affects September has already been set at 81100. Typical practice is that would be the last VB that would control DV2014 and whilst there might be a very small chance of some change to that number in the next VB, that is a very very small chance. Plus, any change is likely to be very small, so to get to your number is really an almost impossible thing to imagine. The next VB will already be releasing DV2015 numbers for October interviews.

Very sure. The cutoff that affects September has already been set at 81100. Typical practice is that would be the last VB that would control DV2014 and whilst there might be a very small chance of some change to that number in the next VB, that is a very very small chance. Plus, any change is likely to be very small, so to get to your number is really an almost impossible thing to imagine. The next VB will already be releasing DV2015 numbers for October interviews.
what if we get current because i believe we are heading there

what if we get current because i believe we are heading there

In every year that September was current this had already been announced by the August visa bulletin. Similarly in every year it was not, the correct cut off was published in advance in the August bulletin. Why do you believe this year is different?

@ jorj(George)it is well with your interview tomorrow buddy.God has already gone ahead of you,you will be granted the visa and it can never be otherwise.