Asylum Applicants Seeking Employment Authorization i need your help....

majimoto

Hello guys i applied for asylum Chicago office in February 2014 and i was called for fingerprints in March in Michigan City,since then have not heard from immigration on my interview..since the 150 days have gone my lawyer is submitting an application for Employment Authorization on July 28th.

My question is for those who applied for the EAD how long does it take? do they give a SSN after you are given the EAD? I need your answers to understand this..Thank you

It usually takes a month to six months(if there is a RFE).
Once you get your EAD, you need to go to SSA(Social Security Administration) and apply for a ssn.
Then you will be all set.

you have to be patient , my EAD application took 87 days from the day i mailed the application to the day i received the actual card ., after you get the card you have to go the SSA office and apply for the SSN card , you will received it by mail in 7-15 days .

i know its tough not being able to work for 2-3 months but you don't have any other option , and make sure you apply for the EAD after 150 days , if USCIS received the application even a day before the 151th day they would happily deny the application and return the documents