• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hi my H1B was approved in June. My company has not applied for H4 for my spouse. Should I submit the form DS-260 - or wait till my wife gets her H4 approved.

One more thing, when is too late to submit form DS-260?

Thank you!

To process your H4, you can simply do that at the consulate, no need for your company to do anything.

I assume you will enter and start work around September/October, so then you will do aos for all of you when your number us current. What is your case number range?

The H1B VISAs Is Dual intent, So There Is No Need To Delay you 260 submission.

To process your H4, you can simply do that at the consulate, no need for your company to do anything.

I assume you will enter and start work around September/October, so then you will do aos for all of you when your number us current. What is your case number range?

The H1B VISAs Is Dual intent, So There Is No Need To Delay you 260 submission.

Oh, my bad. I forgot to mention that I am already in US - currently on OPT. My case number is AF00028XXX

Thanks a lot!

hello all,

I've noticed that some people have received their 2nd NL from KCC and some haven't. Just wanted to know what the general trend was. Is it by CN number? If so it makes sense that I haven't received mine, my CN number being 2015AS00075**, which is in mid-high range.

I am a DV winner F1 student of 2014 from asia. my case number is almost same as yours. I sent my DSP-260 online through email as I started late for the process. The KCC also helped me out as I was able to sent them DSP-260 through email. I paid DV fee $330.00 1st week of April 2014 and got the receipt after 3 weeks.
I sent my I-485, i-765 on 1st week of May. To get a receipt from USCIS it took 3 weeks. My Biometrics appointment was done on 3rd week of June. Then I have my interview also 3rd week of July.
My case is pending because I forgot to take my current school transcript. The IO told me to submit the sealed transcript and/or current enrollment at my school.

Hi everyone! I am going into full DV mode this week! Will fill our DS-260s, pay the fees and get our shots done this week. Then will finish filling out our forms for the AOS even though we won't send them in before September per Mom's advice. So Simon, Mom, SusieQQQ, and everyone else, expect a few queries from me in case I run into roadblocks while filling things out! Have a wonderful week!

Hi everyone! I am going into full DV mode this week! Will fill our DS-260s, pay the fees and get our shots done this week. Then will finish filling out our forms for the AOS even though we won't send them in before September per Mom's advice. So Simon, Mom, SusieQQQ, and everyone else, expect a few queries from me in case I run into roadblocks while filling things out! Have a wonderful week!

So have you guys decided if you will both be doing AOS, or you're planning on going the CP route while your spouse goes AOS?

I am a DV winner F1 student of 2014 from asia. my case number is almost same as yours. I sent my DSP-260 online through email as I started late for the process. The KCC also helped me out as I was able to sent them DSP-260 through email. I paid DV fee $330.00 1st week of April 2014 and got the receipt after 3 weeks.
I sent my I-485, i-765 on 1st week of May. To get a receipt from USCIS it took 3 weeks. My Biometrics appointment was done on 3rd week of June. Then I have my interview also 3rd week of July.
My case is pending because I forgot to take my current school transcript. The IO told me to submit the sealed transcript and/or current enrollment at my school.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Although this year, everyone files DS-260 online and things are a bit different. However, knowing that our numbers are roughly the same, the timeline of events you've given helps me understand roughly what to expect and when. Hopefully you've put this information in the 2014 timeline spreadsheet as well so everyone can see it. Good-luck with everything!

You are a little confused. As a 2014 winner, you don't fill in a DS260 so what you sent was most probably the DSP122 (which is all DV aos applicants submit.

Just want to be sure. Since I am already in US - so, I can go ahead and submit the form DS-260 even though we haven't applied for H4 for my spouse?

Thank you!

Just want to be sure. Since I am already in US - so, I can go ahead and submit the form DS-260 even though we haven't applied for H4 for my spouse?

Thank you!

Is your spouse also in the US already? If yes, what is your spouse's current status and when does your employer plan on filing for H4?

Is there any specific day of month that the visa bulletin gets updated? I could not find any information regarding this...

Is your spouse also in the US already? If yes, what is your spouse's current status and when does your employer plan on filing for H4?

Yes, she is currently here on F2. They told me I'll have to apply for H4 through their lawyer. I've already sent all the documents - waiting for the reply.

Yes, she is currently here on F2. They told me I'll have to apply for H4 through their lawyer. I've already sent all the documents - waiting for the reply.
Please make 100 percent sure your wife maintains lawful status in the US at all times, otherwise you may run into serious troubles down the road, presuming you are both already physically present in the US as you had indicated above. Generally speaking for your wife to be in the US on a F-2 visa requires you, her husband, to be a F-1 visa holder. If you are currently on a F-1, why should your wife move to a H-4, as long as you won't move to H-1B. If you already have changed status from F-1 to H-1B, you better get her status changed to H-4 pronto. Normally this change of mutual status occurs simultaneously, through two change of status applications with USCI S, linked together based on your leading H-1-B application, which will get approved first. Under normal circumstances you don't need an immigration lawyer for her change of status from F-2 to H-4, yet time is of essence! Makes sense?

Last edited:
Please make 100 percent sure your wife maintains lawful status in the US at all times, otherwise you may run into serious troubles down the road, presuming you are both already physically present in the US as you had indicated above. Generally speaking for your wife to be in the US on a F-2 visa requires you, her husband, to be a F-1 visa holder. If you are currently on a F-1, why should your wife move to a H-4, as long as you won't move to H-1B. If you already have changed status from F-1 to H-1B, you better get her status changed to H-4 pronto. Normally this change of mutual status occurs simultaneously, through two change of status applications with USCI S, linked together based on your leading H-1-B application, which will get approved first. Under normal circumstances you don't need an immigration lawyer for her change of status from F-2 to H-4, yet time is of essence! Makes sense?

I imagine the H1 is going to start on Oct 1.

And that's precisely why I asked about the wife's current status. If the OP is currently on OPT and hasn't switched to his H1 status, then it makes sense that the wife will be in F2 status. However if the OP is already in H1 then the wife is out of status.

And that's precisely why I asked about the wife's current status. If the OP is currently on OPT and hasn't switched to his H1 status, then it makes sense that the wife will be in F2 status. However if the OP is already in H1 then the wife is out of status.
Yes, absolutely. This is why I was also quite worried reading his posting and tried to provide him with some additional background information....

Hi guys,
3 quick ones. Just done filling out the DS 260 for my husband (saved it but not submitted yet).
1. My husband is really annoying me because he does not remember specific dates in his past. i.e. before 2009. Mind you he is only 37…ugh! lol. So for example, he knows the years he worked somewhere but not the specific dates his employment started and ended. He doesn't have the past paperwork handy either, so I suggested we put January 1 everywhere because I don't think the specific days are that relevant as long as we have the year right. Do you guys think it's ok, or do we now have to go on an extensive search for information about specific dates in his past?
2. In the yes or no Q & As there's a question about have we ever belonged to a professional organization, society or charity? we responded no, but then, don't we all belong to a professional organization if we are employed by regular professional organizations? or do they mean membership into secret societies by this?
3. We already have Social Security Numbers. But I read on this forum a suggestion to respond no to receiving new cards. We want to request new cards (same existing numbers) that won't say authorized to work with INS permission. Is this a problem? Would it cause delays or something? I don't remember the reasoning that was given for the suggestion not to request new cards but if it does not make a difference, we'd rather get new ones now instead of having to go to a SS office later on. Thanks for advising.
Thanks a lot guys,

Last edited: