• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All dv winners with EU CN 3x,xxx to 39,999 it's our time will we make it?

I am sure things will work out for you, yet surely the waiting must be nerve racking, no doubt. Due to our higher number, we carefully considered our options last year and finally decided to go with CP - not an easy undertaking as it will involve shipping the family back to the old country over an extended period of time, just before back-to-school. Yet, at this stage it truly is "whatever it takes", I guess. As promised, will provide an update to the group towards the end of next week.

Yeah I went through the same thought process. My number being lower I felt ok about aos when getting current in June or July, but riskier getting current in August and September. So - mine was a calculated gamble against a $20k bill for going back to London to interview...

ooookkkk...., (hopefully) in the final stretch now: flying back to Europe on Saturday, followed by medicals on Monday 07/28 and interview shortly thereafter, then follows waiting for visas to be issued on Friday, 08/01, returning to the US on Tuesday, 08/12 - will keep you posted how things will develop... Best to each and everyone in our cohort!!! EURO2014 (EU37xxx)
Hey glad to hear that, but 37xxx :eek: You should have interview in August!!! How it is possible in July?

Hey glad to hear that, but 37xxx :eek: You should have interview in August!!! How it is possible in July?
Remember, our interview date was pushed forward by the US consulate (no initiative whatsoever from our end) from middle of August to end of July (no possibility to issue actual visa before 08/01, though)? Details, see this thread above.... Best.

Where are you with your AOS Dude?

Who knows, maybe Vladdy and I will grab our visas before you ;)

Yeah I went through the same thought process. My number being lower I felt ok about aos when getting current in June or July, but riskier getting current in August and September. So - mine was a calculated gamble against a $20k bill for going back to London to interview...

Where are you with your AOS Dude?

Who knows, maybe Vladdy and I will grab our visas before you ;)

Just waiting for my interview date. I have an infopass on August 1 - so hopefully I can nudge the case along, but yeah - you guys might beat me to it!

Just waiting for my interview date. I have an infopass on August 1 - so hopefully I can nudge the case along, but yeah - you guys might beat me to it!

So how many of you are there? Kumar, Prakash, Rajeesh, Chandru, Arjun, Lochan, Sandeep...did I miss any of you Indian students working for the forum? :D

Last edited:
:) Just 5 visas for our case: arrived in Europe for medicals tomorrow and consulate interviews on Tuesday. Please wish us luck. Will post update towards end of the week. Best.
Good luck. Am sure it will all go fine, look forward to reading the description of a successful interview :)

Thank you so much to All for the good wishes, much appreciated. Medicals went smoothly, without any hitch this morning. Process was well structured and we were in and out in less than two hours with our digital x-rays in hand and verbal confirmation that everything is just fine. All other medical documentation and lab test results will be delivered to the US Consulate tomorrow. Staff was very courteous and professional at all times. For everyone in our cohort coming well prepared with vaccination documentation, this will be a very smooth process, without doubt. Interviews are next, tomorrow morning at 8:30 am. Will continue to keep you posted. Best.

Thank you so much to All for the good wishes, much appreciated. Medicals went smoothly, without any hitch this morning. Process was well structured and we were in and out in less than two hours with our digital x-rays in hand and verbal confirmation that everything is just fine. All other medical documentation and lab test results will be delivered to the US Consulate tomorrow. Staff was very courteous and professional at all times. For everyone in our cohort coming well prepared with vaccination documentation, this will be a very smooth process, without doubt. Interviews are next, tomorrow morning at 8:30 am. Will continue to keep you posted. Best.

Awesome. Good luck for that!

Good luck EURO2014!

Good luck EURO2014!
After several years in the US under various temporary F, J, L & H1B visa categories, today our DV immigrant visas have been approved by the US Consulate in our home country. It was a simple and rather straight forward process and we were in and out in just under one hour. As promised, a brief summary of our experience below.
The US consulate IV Sections process included three specific steps:
Step 1: Appointment verification, visa fee payment by credit card (Amexco, Visa, MasterCard all accepted) and re-confirmation of local address for Passport and Visa Package delivery (we had registered the address of our relatives through the consulate website previously, before the appointment date). Step 1 took approx. 10 minutes, not longer. After that we waited for approx. 10 min., before proceeding to the next window
Step 2: CO went through the list of documents one by one (birth & marriage certificates, police records, high school transcript & financial documentation) with us one by one and always requested to see originals (which were subsequently returned to us at end of step 3) and one copy of each document for consulate files (important: please bring copies of all documents with you to the interview!). We were slightly surprised they requested financial documentation, yet provided them with latest Fidelity account statement and this resolved the matter. We then provided fingerprint scans, updated photos etc. This step took approx. 20 minutes for our family of five. After that we waited for approx. another 10 minutes.
Step 3: A senior CO officer first checked our fingerprints against the ones provided in step 2, took our oaths (all five at the same time), thanked us for being so patient waiting and then engaged us in some "small talk", in order to confirm the information he already had available (i.e. how many years we have lived in the US and where, US college & school of children etc). After approx. 5 minutes of chatting with us, he told us that our visa application had been approved and that the IV department will proceed to the visa issue phase as soon as medical files have been received from the panel doctor. We told him that we completed medicals yesterday and had received confirmation that everything was fine and the records would arrive at the consulate today. He seemed happy that this information would become available shortly and the process could therefore be completed. He then asked us about the date of our return flight to the US and we told him that our kids had to be back for school shortly. He noted the date of our return flight and promised to assign us a high priority ranking, explaining that due to current printing issues, which he hoped would be resolved in the foreseeable future, the actual printing of visas was currently managed on priority assignment basis. He seemed rather confident that we should be fine (we had planned in some safety days already), yet emphasized that he could not guarantee it (which we had not expected anyway). We thanked him for the excellent communication and support, said our good byes and left. This step took an est. 15 minutes.
We had no real wait time to enter the embassy (dedicated IV line, bypassing temporary visa application line), just 5 minutes or so for security check on entering, had left consulate premises within 5 minutes max. - total time, as mentioned above, just less than one hour, couldn't possibly have gone more smoothly.

Hopefully our experience this morning may be of interest to folks in our cohort, going through the same process shortly. Please feel free to ask if you have any specific questions related to any of the above. Best.

Last edited:
After several years in the US under various temporary F, J, L & H1B visa categories, today our DV immigrant visas have been approved by the US Consulate in our home country. It was a simple and rather straight forward process and we were in and out in just under one hour. As promised, a brief summary of our experience below.
Congratulations!!! Amazing news!