H1-B valiidty and H4 visa interview

nchunduru

Hello!

Here is my situation:
I have valid H1-B visa stamping till 09/10/2014. I received a I-797A Notice of Action with validity from 09/11/2014 till 03/15/2015. I am going to India next week to get married and will be returning on 08/31/2014. During my stay in India, I am planning to apply for H4 for my wife at Hyderabad Consulate based on the new I-797 extension that I received. Though I am eligible for Interview waiver (drop-box process) as I with the same employer, I don't have any plans to go for Visa renewal stamping with the new extension because I am currently working on Internal product development projects and suspect the Visa officer might have issues issuing me a renewal.

My Questions:
1. Will my wife face any issue during her H4 visa interview because of me not opting for H1-b Visa renewal stamping after receiving extension of stay notice??

2. On my return at the Port of Entry ( to be specific - Chicago) on 8/31, will the CBP office allow me as I will only have 10 days of Valid Visa stamping? I will carry my I-797 extension that will be valid from 9/11/2014 till 3/15/2015 though.

I'd appreciate if someone provide inputs to my questions.

Thanks,
Naveen