Naturalization question

Nadim A

Hello,
How is it possible for someone to acquire citizenship (through naturalization) without having lived the required years in the States?

Thank you

You mean without the usual 3 years or 5 years of residence?

The other main options are (1) service in the US military, or (2) expedited naturalization under Section 319(b) which is for permanent residents whose US spouse is assigned to work abroad for at least a year (other conditions apply).

When working abroad for the US government, it is possible to have the time working abroad counted as physical presence in the US for naturalization purposes, however such individuals still must wait until they have a green card for 3 years or 5 years, unlike the options I mentioned above.

Children under 18 can derive US citizenship through their parent(s) through either the Child Citizenship Act or N-600K process without having lived in the US for any specific length of time (although either option will require presence in the US at some point, and requires the parent or grandparent to have a certain number of years of presence in the US).

Apart from that, the only other thing I can think of is some obscure law which allows the US government to grant citizenship to a very small number of people (something like 5 per year) for outstanding service to the US regardless of how long they've lived in the US, but I can't find the details of it now.

No. I am not searching for "easier" ways to acquire the citizenship but am looking for the way through which one had acquired it.

No. I am not searching for "easier" ways to acquire the citizenship but am looking for the way through which one had acquired it.
Well, why don't you provide specific details about this person's situation, rather than asking a vague open-ended question? Also, how do you know this person "acquired" citizenship and why do you think it was through "naturalization"?

Because I know that person. And being given that most ways are given by now why are you demanding details about that person?

Are you sure that you or that person or whoever told you about that person isn't confusing citizenship with green card? There are various common ways of obtaining a green card without living in* the US, but not so with citizenship.

*technically, although the green card process including the interview can be pursued outside the US, the green card status won't be begin until the person is admitted into the US.