• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

@Britsimon and SussieQQQ, how long will it take for a Green Card be given to those who will get the chance to be in de USA?

If your visa is approved it will normally* be given in about a week. You then need to enter the US before the visa expires and - assuming you have paid the USCIS fee - the actual green card will arrive 1-2 months later.

* excluding current technical difficulties

@Britsimon and SussieQQQ, how long will it take for a Green Card be given to those who will get the chance to be in de USA?

OK, first you have to wait for the interview (based on when your case number becomes current)
After the interview you will get your passport with a entry visa. That visa is normally set to expire 6 months after issuance (can be less depending on medicals).
You must enter the USA within that 6 months. Once you enter the visa becomes your temporary travel authorization (for up to 1 year). You enter the States, pay your Green Card fee and the Green Card itself gets sent to you within a few weeks (generally 2 to 4 weeks).

Again when filling de ds-260 forms, we were been asked the kind of work you want to do when you get the chance to be in the united state. Does that mean we will be given work to do when we come there?

Again when filling de ds-260 forms, we were been asked the kind of work you want to do when you get the chance to be in the united state. Does that mean we will be given work to do when we come there?

NO. Read through the instructions properly, there is a section on this. See faq #37: http://travel.state.gov/content/dam...-Translations/DV_2015_Instructions.pdf#page11
The question is part of assessing your ability to support yourself and not become a public charge if you are granted a visa.

MISCELLANEOUS

37. If I receive a visa through the DV program, will the U.S. government pay for my airfare to the United States, help me find housing and employment, and/or provide healthcare or any subsidies until I am fully settled?

No. The U.S. government will not provide any of these services to you if you receive a visa through the DV program. If you are selected to apply for a DV, you will be required to provide evidence that you will not become a public charge in the United States before being issued a visa. This evidence may be in the form of a combination of your personal assets, an Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) submitted by a relative or friend residing in the United States, an offer of employment from an employer in the United States, or other evidence.

@Britsimon&susieQQQ, does that means getting a letterfrom an employer from the united state or affidavits of support from a relative or friend increase your chances of getting a visa?

Again,do we ve to pay th interview fees proir to the interview, after the interview or before our case will be schedule?

Again,do we ve to pay th interview fees proir to the interview, after the interview or before our case will be schedule?

@Nana sarfo plz this is just a humble advice.. most of the questions u ask are pretty straight forward ie can be found on the DV2015 instructions page. So why don't you rather take time and go through them and then u can ask those complex questions that need further explanations. Asking soo many questions in quick succession will only end up getting the person answering those questions fed up. Like I said this is just a humble advice, don't take it personal.

@Britsimon&susieQQQ, does that means getting a letterfrom an employer from the united state or affidavits of support from a relative or friend increase your chances of getting a visa?
Yes having the AOS or a letter from an empolyer will definetly encrease your chances, and it will wipe any doubts from the CO's mind.
But don't show them unless its asked for !

Also yes, the visa fees paiment is prior the interview AFAIK.

To be more precise, you pay it after you hand your documents,you will be than send to the cashier, the day of your interview.

Well I wouldn't use the phrase "increase your chances of getting a visa".

Reason being that regardless of what you present, if the minimum qualifications and requirements are not met the visa will not be issued. However, having such documents will help dispel any doubt the CO may have about an applicant becoming a public charge if the applicant is able to present either an employment letter or an affidavit of support should the need arise.

You make the DV payment at the US embassy on the day of your interview.

Yes having the AOS or a letter from an empolyer will definetly encrease your chances, and it will wipe any doubts from the CO's mind.
But don't show them unless its asked for !

Why not show them a letter offering a job? Or even an AOS? Seems strange advice to me.... You don't necessarily want to show or tell them something that might make them not want to give you a visa, but it seems a bit silly to hide something that would strengthen your case?

To be more precise, you pay it after you hand your documents,you will be than send to the cashier, the day of your interview.

This depends on the country. Some make them pay at the embassy before anyone has checked documents . The $330 is an interview fee and paid regardless of whether or not you get a visa. The $165 green card fee is obviously only paid if you get a visa and are going.

Why not show them a letter offering a job? Or even an AOS? Seems strange advice to me.... You don't necessarily want to show or tell them something that might make them not want to give you a visa, but it seems a bit silly to hide something that would strengthen your case?
Strengthen the case about the finacial speaking yes, I said to do not show because its not compulrsary in all embassies...

This depends on the country. Some make them pay at the embassy before anyone has checked documents . The $330 is an interview fee and paid regardless of whether or not you get a visa. The $165 green card fee is obviously only paid if you get a visa and are going.

Agreed in ABD they operate like you said.
But they surely take the fees right before the interview .