• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Hello people.Need to your replies on this.During the interview,is a wife/husband of the main applicant asked questions ?eg,i am the main applicant,will my wife be interviewed?if yes,what manner of ?s will she probably face?

When you guys talk about the cold, it makes me wonder if you take that into consideration for where in the USA to live. I checked the Nairobi weather for this week and it looks like low (nighttime) temperatures of around 12/13 degrees (Centigrade) and daytime highs around 23/24. Those temperatures would be nice SUMMERTIME temperatures in some parts of the USA. Chicago for instance will have 4 or 5 months of nighttime temperatures below 0 degrees C. So, if the cold bothers you.... please think where you want to settle in the USA.
@Britsimon you bet it does for me atleast. Oh my the city I come from(Mombasa) the temperatures right now are the lowest we have experienced( 22/23' Centigrade). Mostly our temperatures are between 29-31' Centigrade. Infact when I go to Nairobi I freeze am always in a sweater. Having said that, weather is not the number one determinant for me right now, maybe once I settle in then maybe yes.

@joyce thanks for the information about our Afro Hair. I shall make it a point to learn more about my hair.

Hello people.Need to your replies on this.During the interview,is a wife/husband of the main applicant asked questions ?eg,i am the main applicant,will my wife be interviewed?if yes,what manner of ?s will she probably face?

REALLY HARD questions like "Are you married to this man?". Really tough. :p

Don't stress about "the questions" read some of the interview experience posts - the interviews are generally very fast and the questions are very basic.

hey everyone, attented the interview at 6 AM, gate opened at 6: 10 AM... and bilieve me when i say it was like cake walk... went through security check, submission of documents( high scholl diploma, birth certificate, police records), i faced the CO at exatly 9 AM and it went like this:

CO: good morning, raise ur had and swear that everything u are about to say is the truth and nothing but the truth.
Me: i swear
CO: what did u do after high school?
Me: went to university
Co: did u finish
Me: bla bla bla...
Co: where will u stay in US
Me: bla bla bla...
Co: who's there
Me: my cousin
Co: have u ever been to US?
Me: no
Co: well, today's ur lucky day, congratulation, but we do have some issues with the machine that print out the visa, please go back to ur country, we will get in touch with u, so that u can send back the passport to us,
Me: thank you, but how long it's gonna take??
Co: up to 1 month
Me: ok thank you
Co: Gud luck in US...

what i learnt:
interview is very easy, it took me 3 min tops to stand at the window, so just be urself in front of the CO they are so friendly...
you will have also to interact with 2 guys called '' COLD'' and ''WAITING'' those 2 are not friendly at all, so for those who attend interview in nairobi, please wear warm clothes, itz cold almost like siberia, ni hatari...
hope this will help, forgive me i am not a good story teller...
also i want to thank you each one of you, who helped me to go through this, i could not post comments often, but i read all ur posts guys, and it really helped me a lot...
thank you again for ur help, GOD BLESS U and take care... this is the beginning of a new life in US, lool
Wow
At least you got it....Congratulations

I witnessed another CO ask both spouse Qs.......just be fully prepared

US embassy Kenya being closed due to possible terror..those with interviews next week,pray hard:(

Where did you hear this?
I only heard they've suspended their Peace Corp Program until the Security is addressed.
Nothing like the closure of the embassy!

Last edited:
UPDATE: Our visa and passport processing systems are now operational, however they are working at limited capacity. We are still working to correct the problem and expect to be fully operational soon......................:):):):):)Thats the latest

Immigrant Visas
The Government of Kenya has declared Tuesday, July 29, 2014 as a public holiday to mark Eid-al-Fitr day. On this day, the consular section will be closed; we resume work on 30th July 2014. From the US embassy in Nairobi,Kenya.............All the best those scheduled for interviews:rolleyes:

Last edited: