• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Is there any difference between asking now and 1-2 weeks after the biometrics? My assumption is that the sooner the better. Am I wrong?
I refer you to Britsimon's post on this matter. You have only 3 shots so you want to use them wisely. You do the expedite request now, you can't use it later when waiting for the IL.

Yeah, remember I am basing this on my (currently in progress) experience. It does seem like a fairly "formal" process (to get the expedite) so that suggested it was "worthwhile", but my expedite doesn't seem to have done much at all - although I will probably get more info later. So - if it is not very useful, MK999 might want to try firing that weapon now. Then setting up an infopass in a couple of weeks time immediately after the bio is done. By the way, for the bio - I would strongly suggest a walk in is tried for MK999 rather than waiting until the appointment.

Yeah, remember I am basing this on my (currently in progress) experience. It does seem like a fairly "formal" process (to get the expedite) so that suggested it was "worthwhile", but my expedite doesn't seem to have done much at all - although I will probably get more info later. So - if it is not very useful, MK999 might want to try firing that weapon now. Then setting up an infopass in a couple of weeks time immediately after the bio is done. By the way, for the bio - I would strongly suggest a walk in is tried for MK999 rather than waiting until the appointment.

Thank you so much for the advice. I will definitely try to walk in. I just place a request to expedite my and my wife’s case. The USCIS officer told me that by 7/28 I will get an email with the decision. Is it possible that the request will be denied? Now I am thinking that it could have been a better idea to ask my lawyer to speak with the USCIS about this request.

Thank you so much for the advice. I will definitely try to walk in. I just place a request to expedite my and my wife’s case. The USCIS officer told me that by 7/28 I will get an email with the decision. Is it possible that the request will be denied? Now I am thinking that it could have been a better idea to ask my lawyer to speak with the USCIS about this request.

What reason did you give for the expedite - you can see in previous posts that they will deny an expedite request made without the correct reason. However, mine was done with the correct reason (sunset/DV lottery) and the FO have so far not "reacted" to the expedite.

I said that the reason is that we are DV lottery winners and that the approval must be done before 9/30/2014. If the request is denied, can my lawyer place another request?

What reason did you give for the expedite - you can see in previous posts that they will deny an expedite request made without the correct reason. However, mine was done with the correct reason (sunset/DV lottery) and the FO have so far not "reacted" to the expedite.

I said that the reason is that we are DV lottery winners and that the approval must be done before 9/30/2014. If the request is denied, can my lawyer place another request?

That is good, the request probably won't be denied, but they might ignore the expedite.

You need to wait 30 days before making another request. Hope you chose "Extreme emergency" as your reason category. That worked for Britsimon and I.

Reactions: CWH
You need to wait 30 days before making another request. Hope you chose "Extreme emergency" as your reason category. That worked for Britsimon and I.

I did not mention “Extreme Emergency”, but it was looked like the USCIS officer was aware of my situation. Maybe I just want to think that way.

I did not mention “Extreme Emergency”, but it was looked like the USCIS officer was aware of my situation. Maybe I just want to think that way.

With Ralph and I they read us a list of possible reasons and under the emergency category there is an explanation about cases which have sunset concerns (will time out) as in the case of DV lottery cases. It sounds like your agent got that point.

You are correct - the I864 is not to be used for DV cases. You can use the I134 if you need it, but you don't need it if you can show adequate funds to support yourselves. Congrats on the appointment date!
Simon,
could you give USCIS link about I864 not required for DV case?
Thanks.

7/11 - interview (acceptance, until 7/18)
7/18 - turned to "card production" around 5 pm(it was saying that, we ordered the new card...) turned back to "decision" around 6 pm
7/21 - again turned to "card production" (it was saying that, "we ordered the new card..." ) around 8 am
7/24 - stayed on the "card production" (it was saying that, "we mailed you the new card...") around 8 am
7/24 - turned back to decision around 11 am !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
should we do something about this?

7/18 - turned to "card production" around 5 pm(it was saying that, we ordered the new card...) turned back to "decision" around 6 pm
7/21 - again turned to "card production" (it was saying that, "we ordered the new card..." ) around 8 am
7/24 - stayed on the "card production" (it was saying that, "we mailed you the new card...") around 8 am

Have you seen such a status progress like this before?

OH NO! YOU ARE BEING DEPORTED!!! PANIC!

just kidding. As stated numerous times before, this happens to many people because the status check system is flaky. Sit back, relax, and wait for your card ;)

Hello everybody,

my wife and I had our interview today. It was pretty short, the officer just asked for our passports, another picture ID, she kept the I-94, those 12-15 questions about drugs, weapons, and crimes. She did ask for our I-20s, sponsorship documents, birth certificates or else. She did ask for the DV payment receipt and took a copy. Afterwards she checked her computer whether the visas were still available and said we should be fine.

But...

She said they had not received our packets from the DV program. Therefore, she continued, we would have to wait for 1-2 weeks. At this point, she said, we were not expected to do anything but wait and she would contact us if she needed anything else. She mentioned that she did not see any reason why she wouldn't recommend us. She also said it was useless to check the case status online.

As soon as we stepped out, we called KCC and found out that our files were sent on June 11th - 40 days ago - there is no way it can be in transit for so long! We went back in and informed the officer about this. She requested two weeks anyway.

We are panicking at the moment and therefore would appreciate your comments on this issue!!!

Thanks!!!

Yes, there is a solution. Stop paying attention to the updates and just focus on something else!

Hello everybody,

my wife and I had our interview today. It was pretty short, the officer just asked for our passports, another picture ID, she kept the I-94, those 12-15 questions about drugs, weapons, and crimes. She did ask for our I-20s, sponsorship documents, birth certificates or else. She did ask for the DV payment receipt and took a copy. Afterwards she checked her computer whether the visas were still available and said we should be fine.

But...

She said they had not received our packets from the DV program. Therefore, she continued, we would have to wait for 1-2 weeks. At this point, she said, we were not expected to do anything but wait and she would contact us if she needed anything else. She mentioned that she did not see any reason why she wouldn't recommend us. She also said it was useless to check the case status online.

As soon as we stepped out, we called KCC and found out that our files were sent on June 11th - 40 days ago - there is no way it can be in transit for so long! We went back in and informed the officer about this. She requested two weeks anyway.

We are panicking at the moment and therefore would appreciate your comments on this issue!!!

Thanks!!!

I AM SORRY I MEANT "SHE DID NOT ASK FOR OUR I-20s, SPONSORSHIP DOCUMENTS, BIRTH CERTIFICATES OR ELSE."

Hello everybody,

But...

Thanks!!!
I AM SORRY I MEANT "SHE DID NOT ASK FOR OUR I-20s, SPONSORSHIP DOCUMENTS, BIRTH CERTIFICATES OR ELSE."

You are checking with the wrong place. You are done with KCC the moment you've sent your intention of AOS (you typically do it before sending in your application package to Chicago lockbox). They won't have up to date information about your case so no need to panic.