• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Sorry I have 3 follow up questions now -

1)I recently read on another website that if making payment too early for the DOS fee, it can get rejected? is this true? As then I wonder if it is best that I wait until Oct 1st to submit the DOS fee?
2)Secondly, I recently called KCC to ask a question and I also asked about me not receiving an email after submitting DS260 online, the rep mentioned that they are not sending emails out, it would only be the confirmation page once we hit submit that would act as our confirmation. I am confused as I am sure I have read people saying that they received emails - have you/anyone else heard this?
3)Regarding the education transcripts, I have a degree and I have my original certificate for this, would that suffice given that the minimum education requirement is high school completion? Or would I also have to provide the high school education certificates?

Thanks in advance all!

1. No, that is not true. Only the AOS package gets denied if filed prior to the CN becoming current.

2. I've already told you to stop worrying, you will receive an email eventually. However you can keep worrying and contacting KCC or USCIS if you like for information they're unable to provide or clarify. What the rep told you is a story we've heard before over and over again, go through previous years' threads, at the end of the day everyone processing AOS gets the confirmation email contrary to what the reps say on the phone.

3. You should include the HS diploma as well. We've heard of cases where the IO has insisted on seeing the HS diploma at the time of the interview.

Sorry you didn't get any response prior to now.

1. You're more or less living in the US so put in the date of your first entrance 5 years ago.

Thanks so much for your answers, Sm1smom.
I have been to Italy and back every year of my stay besides the very first one, do I not need to include those visits then?

3. The transcripts in this case is really more or less part of your evidence indicating you've always been is status. So you can include copies with your application and take the originals to the interview.

I will do that, thanks for the advice. However, I am concerned cause for two semesters at my previous college I had 11 units instead of 12 but was authorized by my DSO, however of course details not show on the transcript. Will I have a problem?

Again, thanks so much. I appreciate it :)

Thanks so much for your answers, Sm1smom.
I have been to Italy and back every year of my stay besides the very first one, do I not need to include those visits then?

I will do that, thanks for the advice. However, I am concerned cause for two semesters at my previous college I had 11 units instead of 12 but was authorized by my DSO, however of course details not show on the transcript. Will I have a problem?

Again, thanks so much. I appreciate it :)

List the dates if it makes you feel better. Truth is the DS-260 form is a form actually designed for people doing CP, so some of the required information do not quite make sense or apply to AOS applicants.

Do you have the authorization in writing? Not quite sure if the IO will make an issue of that or not, but if they do it could possibly help if you're able to present the approval from your DSO.

I did not get anything in writing from my DSO. However, I can try contact the International Students Office at the college and see if they could get it in writing for me, I guess... Hopefully it won't be a problem!

1. No, that is not true. Only the AOS package gets denied if filed prior to the CN becoming current.

2. I've already told you to stop worrying, you will receive an email eventually. However you can keep worrying and contacting KCC or USCIS if you like for information they're unable to provide or clarify. What the rep told you is a story we've heard before over and over again, go through previous years' threads, at the end of the day everyone processing AOS gets the confirmation email contrary to what the reps say on the phone.

3. You should include the HS diploma as well. We've heard of cases where the IO has insisted on seeing the HS diploma at the time of the interview.

Thanks so much for your replies, the whole process has been been made much easier with all the help here, really great work. Thanks again!

hello all,

I've noticed that some people have received their 2nd NL from KCC and some haven't. Just wanted to know what the general trend was. Is it by CN number? If so it makes sense that I haven't received mine, my CN number being 2015AS00075**, which is in mid-high range.

hello all,

I've noticed that some people have received their 2nd NL from KCC and some haven't. Just wanted to know what the general trend was. Is it by CN number? If so it makes sense that I haven't received mine, my CN number being 2015AS00075**, which is in mid-high range.

Yes it is by case number - but for aos cases the 2NL is different from CP. So - your 2NL for aos is a simple "we have received your intention to adjust status" type notification and that can come , usually a few weeks after you inform them you are doing aos.

Hi all,
I have already filed DS 260. I am currently in US in F-1 status. I have indicated in DS 260 form that I will do AOS. I am planning to graduate in december 2015. Since my CN is 2015AS77** I hope it will be current next year somewhere around june or july, based on 2014 fiscal year. I am planning to file OPT after I will graduate. Will my OPT get rejected just because I have already filed DS 260? Is that true that the processing time for CP is faster that AOS? If so, I might go back home and apply for CP. What should I need to if I want to do CP instead of AOS as I have already indicated in DS260 that I will do AOS? I will appreciate your response. Thank you.

Yes it is by case number - but for aos cases the 2NL is different from CP. So - your 2NL for aos is a simple "we have received your intention to adjust status" type notification and that can come , usually a few weeks after you inform them you are doing aos.

Thanks! I did file it a bit late too. I'm in no hurry so will wait and see :)

Hi all,
I have already filed DS 260. I am currently in US in F-1 status. I have indicated in DS 260 form that I will do AOS. I am planning to graduate in december 2015. Since my CN is 2015AS77** I hope it will be current next year somewhere around june or july, based on 2014 fiscal year. I am planning to file OPT after I will graduate. Will my OPT get rejected just because I have already filed DS 260? Is that true that the processing time for CP is faster that AOS? If so, I might go back home and apply for CP. What should I need to if I want to do CP instead of AOS as I have already indicated in DS260 that I will do AOS? I will appreciate your response. Thank you.

You mean december 2014? If you're graduating on december 2015, you should expect to be done by all your processing and shouldn't be a problem. Or i might be missing something you're trying to say. From older posts, I think I've noticed that people have been able to change from AOS to CP later (after filing DS-260) by calling and KCC to so.

Thank you npdv15!..Sorry about typo..yes, I mean 2014 December. I would like to know if my opt will be rejected or not just because I have already filed DS 260. Thank you.

Thank you npdv15!..Sorry about typo..yes, I mean 2014 December. I would like to know if my opt will be rejected or not just because I have already filed DS 260. Thank you.
No worries. In that case I'll let the experts comment.

Hi All - hoping someone can help, I was just looking at my online I-94 record and have seen something very strange, my recent departure on May 10th is recorded but my arrival on May 17th is not showing, there is no arrival recorded after the May 10th departure!

I had entered by sea on May 17th and specifically remember the IO not recognising my L1 visa and told me he is new to the job...so he verified with his co-worker while I waited, he then asked me a couple of questions and let me through..that was it and I didn't think anything of it. I have just seen the error on the I-94 and am now concerned

1) how will this affect my AOS app given that I have to submit the I-94 arrival/departure record?
2) does anyone know how I get this fixed?

Thanks!!

Hi All - hoping someone can help, I was just looking at my online I-94 record and have seen something very strange, my recent departure on May 10th is recorded but my arrival on May 17th is not showing, there is no arrival recorded after the May 10th departure!

I had entered by sea on May 17th and specifically remember the IO not recognising my L1 visa and told me he is new to the job...so he verified with his co-worker while I waited, he then asked me a couple of questions and let me through..that was it and I didn't think anything of it. I have just seen the error on the I-94 and am now concerned

1) how will this affect my AOS app given that I have to submit the I-94 arrival/departure record?
2) does anyone know how I get this fixed?

Thanks!!

I did not hear back on my question but thought I would share the solution since I have already resolved this...in case it is helpful for others. To get the I-94 amended I had to go to the closest Deferred Inspection site, in my case located at the airport, and provide my passport with the visa, the current I-94 showing the error as well as proof of travel such as an itinerary showing clearly what date I re entered and based on this the officer was able to update my online I-94 with the original date I re-entered and stamp my passport accordingly.

Hi all,

By submitting your DS-260 form, you've demonstrated an immigrant intent. Will your OPT be denied when you apply for it later in the year, possibly no, but it would have been better to wait and get that sorted out before submitting the form. Fingers crossed, you should be okay though.

Yes, CP is faster than AOS. If you want to change to CP, you will need to contact KCC to unlock your form and change the interview post to your applicable US embassy. You might want to wait though and get your OPT sorted out before requesting for the form to be unlocked. You have a slightly high CN, so there's plenty of time to make the necessary change if you decide to.

I did not hear back on my question but thought I would share the solution since I have already resolved this...in case it is helpful for others. To get the I-94 amended I had to go to the closest Deferred Inspection site, in my case located at the airport, and provide my passport with the visa, the current I-94 showing the error as well as proof of travel such as an itinerary showing clearly what date I re entered and based on this the officer was able to update my online I-94 with the original date I re-entered and stamp my passport accordingly.

Well, people have sometimes had to wait a couple of days to get a response to their post. It's not like one is being ignored. It's simply not possible for those helping out to be online 24/7 or to sometimes immediately provide answers to posted questions.

Anyway, I'm glad you've already found a solution to your problem and you came back to share it.

Well, people have sometimes had to wait a couple of days to get a response to their post. It's not like one is being ignored. It's simply not possible for those helping out to be online 24/7 or to sometimes immediately provide answers to posted questions.

Anyway, I'm glad you've already found a solution to your problem and you came back to share it.
I was not implying that I was ignored, not at all, sorry if it seemed that way. It was simply meant to be more of a "I didn't hear back but that is ok because I have the answer so no need for anyone to try figuring it out" kinda thing. This site has been very helpful to me so I was also just trying to help.

I was not implying that I was ignored, not at all, sorry if it seemed that way. It was simply meant to be more of a "I didn't hear back but that is ok because I have the answer so no need for anyone to try figuring it out" kinda thing. This site has been very helpful to me so I was also just trying to help.

No worries. Explanation appreciated., and thanks for contributing to the wealth of information available in the forum.

Yes, CP is faster than AOS. If you want to change to CP, you will need to contact KCC to unlock your form and change the interview post to your applicable US embassy. You might want to wait though and get your OPT sorted out before requesting for the form to be unlocked. You have a slightly high CN, so there's plenty of time to make the necessary change if you decide to.[/QUOTE]
By submitting your DS-260 form, you've demonstrated an immigrant intent. Will your OPT be denied when you apply for it later in the year, possibly no, but it would have been better to wait and get that sorted out before submitting the form. Fingers crossed, you should be okay though.
Thank you very much SM1smom. I will apply for OPT and see what will happen. Good luck to me.

Hi my H1B was approved in June. My company has not applied for H4 for my spouse. Should I submit the form DS-260 - or wait till my wife gets her H4 approved.

One more thing, when is too late to submit form DS-260?

Thank you!