• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Hi! good people. I completed my medicals today. I thank God almighty for his good deeds upon me
Day 1
I arrived at IOM at 700 am, i found a few people waiting outside the gate. At 730. the guards made us queue according to gender for security check. They used the time check IOM gives for the medical schedule for verification on clients. If you had paid for your medicals the gate clerk signed paid on your time check after producing the bank slips
After being ushered in we waited at the reception where we handed the time check and biodata of our passports. Passport photos were taken for each client and after the exercise we were then taken to the counseling room. We are all mixed with people traveling to Australia, Canada, UK and USA. We were briefed on reach countries requirements and each of us was later given a consent form to sign.
On the first day, only x Ray and blood sample was taken. Those who had not paid were asked to go pay at CBA village market after the exercise. I went to the cashier and produced my bank slips and given an official IOM receipt. 1030am i was through
DAY 2
I arrived at 700am and we were ushered in just like Day 1
At the reception we put our time checks on a tray as we sat down. The time checks were then taken and after a while our names were called in groups to go and see the doc.
I was called in and here you produce the IOM Receipt and Passport before the doc attends to you. My blood pressure, BMI, and eyesight were measured. The doc then asked my my medical history and after that my time check was handed back to me. I was asked to go upstairs for my physical exam. I waited for a few minutes and my name was called again. Here too you produce the IOM receipt, time check and passport before the doc attends to you. The doc asked me questions and again my medical history. NB The physical exam is done when you only have your under garment. I was then given my Xray CD and the doc gave me a clean bill of health and asked to proceed to the vaccination room. At the vaccination room you produce the IOM Receipt,time check and passport before the doc attends to you i was given three shots and that's it. 920am i was through.
I now focus on my visa interview and i know God will show his good deeds again.
I thank the forum for the positive input. I myself have benefited alot through this forum. God bless you all abundantly.
Congs talisman..you are almost there..

Hi! Arnold Thanks for your compliments.
I was able to pay before because i booked my appointments in person. After receiving my second notification letter i went to IOM where i booked my appointments and was given my appointment dates. I was given slips that had a standard fee of about 12000ksh. I was asked to go to the vaccination room where after an interrogation by the physicians they came up with a fee for vaccination. The total fee was about 19660kshs. Having now my medical fee, i was able to pay in advance
So that means before making a payment u do need to have a word with the Physicians @ IOM.

hey everyone, attented the interview at 6 AM, gate opened at 6: 10 AM... and bilieve me when i say it was like cake walk... went through security check, submission of documents( high scholl diploma, birth certificate, police records), i faced the CO at exatly 9 AM and it went like this:

CO: good morning, raise ur had and swear that everything u are about to say is the truth and nothing but the truth.
Me: i swear
CO: what did u do after high school?
Me: went to university
Co: did u finish
Me: bla bla bla...
Co: where will u stay in US
Co: who's there
Me: my cousin
Co: have u ever been to US?
Me: no
Co: well, today's ur lucky day, congratulation, but we do have some issues with the machine that print out the visa, please go back to ur country, we will get in touch with u, so that u can send back the passport to us,
Me: thank you, but how long it's gonna take??
Co: up to 1 month
Me: ok thank you
Co: Gud luck in US...

what i learnt:
interview is very easy, it took me 3 min tops to stand at the window, so just be urself in front of the CO they are so friendly...
you will have also to interact with 2 guys called '' COLD'' and ''WAITING'' those 2 are not friendly at all, so for those who attend interview in nairobi, please wear warm clothes, itz cold almost like siberia, ni hatari...
hope this will help, forgive me i am not a good story teller...
also i want to thank you each one of you, who helped me to go through this, i could not post comments often, but i read all ur posts guys, and it really helped me a lot...
thank you again for ur help, GOD BLESS U and take care... this is the beginning of a new life in US, lool

hey everyone, attented the interview at 6 AM, gate opened at 6: 10 AM... and bilieve me when i say it was like cake walk... went through security check, submission of documents( high scholl diploma, birth certificate, police records), i faced the CO at exatly 9 AM and it went like this:

CO: good morning, raise ur had and swear that everything u are about to say is the truth and nothing but the truth.
Co: well, today's ur lucky day, congratulation, but we do have some issues with the machine that print out the visa, please go back to ur country, we will get in touch with u, so that u can send back the passport to us,

what i learnt:
interview is very easy, it took me 3 min tops to stand at the window, so just be urself in front of the CO they are so friendly...
you will have also to interact with 2 guys called '' COLD'' and ''WAITING'' those 2 are not friendly at all, so for those who attend interview in nairobi, please wear warm clothes, itz cold almost like siberia, ni hatari...
also i want to thank you each one of you, who helped me to go through this, i could not post comments often, but i read all ur posts guys, and it really helped me a lot...
thank you again for ur help, GOD BLESS U and take care... this is the beginning of a new life in US, lool

Awesome - congratulations!

what i learnt:

Congratulations Bricepitt

When you guys talk about the cold, it makes me wonder if you take that into consideration for where in the USA to live. I checked the Nairobi weather for this week and it looks like low (nighttime) temperatures of around 12/13 degrees (Centigrade) and daytime highs around 23/24. Those temperatures would be nice SUMMERTIME temperatures in some parts of the USA. Chicago for instance will have 4 or 5 months of nighttime temperatures below 0 degrees C. So, if the cold bothers you.... please think where you want to settle in the USA.

So that means before making a payment u do need to have a word with the Physicians @ IOM.
Yes Arnold you need to go to IOM first. I guess you cant pay before IOM acknowledge that you have an appointment at the embassy and give you your medical appointments dates. For the medical fee, there is a standard fee of 138$. The rest of the fee is decided by vaccination physicians. But in case during your medicals the docs find some anomalies that require further tests or treatment the fee might change

:)Forum mates 29th has been declared a public holiday those scheduled for interviews in Nairobi please confirm with the embassy to avoid inconvenience.:confused:............wish yu a happy holiday and success on your interviews n Medicals:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:)Forum mates 29th has been declared a public holiday those scheduled for interviews in Nairobi please confirm with the embassy to avoid inconvenience.:confused:............wish yu a happy holiday and success on your interviews n Medicals:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yeap, heard that also 29th will be a holiday although I thought it was on 28th !