My Original Petition (I-797) not courired back from the Consulate!!!

mail2sachin

Hi All,

I was in Chennai for my H1-B visa appointment last week. During the interview, the officer collected my original H1-B petition paper (I-797). On specifically asking about this at the DD payment counter, I was told that it will be courired back along with my passport.

I received my stamped passport on November 21st, but did not find my petition along with it. My company is trying to get in touch with the consulate to find out where exactly the document is.

I'm required to travel immediately on a project assignement. Has anyone found yourself in the same situtation? What are alternative options available for me? I'm not sure to travel only with my visa stamping. Is there any way I can get a waiver at the immigration counters for this? Or are there mechanisms through which I can get a duplicate petition? If yes, how long could it take?

Appreciate your responses at the earliest.

Thanks.

same issue with Blanket L1 documents

I got my visa, but at the time of interview i have given all the three sets of blanket L1 petition documents like I-797, i-129S. VISA officer did not give me back the 2 set of the copies which i supposed to get back from him, i thought they are going to courier those docs along with passport but today i have recieved only my passport. How can i get those rest 2 sets of copies from consulate ?

You help in this is appreciated!!!

same issue with Blanket L1 documents

I got my visa, but at the time of interview i have given all the three sets of blanket L1 petition documents like I-797, i-129S. VISA officer did not give me back the 2 set of the copies which i supposed to get back from him, i thought they are going to courier those docs along with passport but today i have recieved only my passport. How can i get those rest 2 sets of copies from consulate ?

You help in this is appreciated!!!

Hi Rajesh,

I faced same issue at Chennai consulate, I have given 3 original set of I-129S, I797 but counselor didn't return anything. Now I have to travel US next week, but without approved I-129S, I797 , How is it possible.

As I can see, you had also faced same issue, can you please tell me what you did to get back I-129S, I797 approved copy.

I am waiting for your suggestion.

Hi Rajesh,

I faced same issue at Chennai consulate, I have given 3 original set of I-129S, I797 but counselor didn't return anything. Now I have to travel US next week, but without approved I-129S, I797 , How is it possible.

As I can see, you had also faced same issue, can you please tell me what you did to get back I-129S, I797 approved copy.

I am waiting for your suggestion.

Hi Hemant Verma,

I am also in same situation. VO received original i797. But was not returned with stamped passport. Mailed us travel docs. But they told they do not have. Again checked with OFC. They told same thing. Now I do not know what to do. Please share your experience. How did you proceed. Thanks in advance...

Thanks,
Shalini.

Last edited: