• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

@ niko254,i would say that is qt fishy.I have never heard a visa taking 1 month,that is outrageous and unheard of,more so when you say,or rather claim,your interview was successful.

For those doubting my interview experience, I've attached a pic of the two letters I was given by the CO, it clearly states my visa was approved. Sometimes the truth may not be what we want to hear, but it is what it is.
2v2abed.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
For those doubting my interview experience, I've attached a pic of the two letters I was given by the CO, it clearly states my visa was approved. Sometimes the truth may not be what we want to hear, but it is what it is.
2v2abed.jpg
View attachment 84

Ok so the form says a week (which would be the usual time) but they told you a month.
I can't help wondering if this is like another poster (but different region) reported - waiting for visa numbers to become available.
There can't be an admin issue with the visa envelopes. It is just putting all the stuff from your file, which they have, into an envelope.

Ok so the form says a week (which would be the usual time) but they told you a month.
I can't help wondering if this is like another poster (but different region) reported - waiting for visa numbers to become available.
There can't be an admin issue with the visa envelopes. It is just putting all the stuff from your file, which they have, into an envelope.
Yup its supposed to be a week, but the CO said they are facing some 'internal problems' that will delay printing and processing the visa packets. Don't think its an issue with visa numbers though...well you never know. But as long as the visa is approved I don't think there should be any issues.

Hi! good people. I completed my medicals today. I thank God almighty for his good deeds upon me
Day 1
I arrived at IOM at 700 am, i found a few people waiting outside the gate. At 730. the guards made us queue according to gender for security check. They used the time check IOM gives for the medical schedule for verification on clients. If you had paid for your medicals the gate clerk signed paid on your time check after producing the bank slips
After being ushered in we waited at the reception where we handed the time check and biodata of our passports. Passport photos were taken for each client and after the exercise we were then taken to the counseling room. We are all mixed with people traveling to Australia, Canada, UK and USA. We were briefed on reach countries requirements and each of us was later given a consent form to sign.
On the first day, only x Ray and blood sample was taken. Those who had not paid were asked to go pay at CBA village market after the exercise. I went to the cashier and produced my bank slips and given an official IOM receipt. 1030am i was through
DAY 2
I arrived at 700am and we were ushered in just like Day 1
At the reception we put our time checks on a tray as we sat down. The time checks were then taken and after a while our names were called in groups to go and see the doc.
I was called in and here you produce the IOM Receipt and Passport before the doc attends to you. My blood pressure, BMI, and eyesight were measured. The doc then asked my my medical history and after that my time check was handed back to me. I was asked to go upstairs for my physical exam. I waited for a few minutes and my name was called again. Here too you produce the IOM receipt, time check and passport before the doc attends to you. The doc asked me questions and again my medical history. NB The physical exam is done when you only have your under garment. I was then given my Xray CD and the doc gave me a clean bill of health and asked to proceed to the vaccination room. At the vaccination room you produce the IOM Receipt,time check and passport before the doc attends to you i was given three shots and that's it. 920am i was through.
I now focus on my visa interview and i know God will show his good deeds again.
I thank the forum for the positive input. I myself have benefited alot through this forum. God bless you all abundantly.

Hi! good people. I completed my medicals today. I thank God almighty for his good deeds upon me
Day 1
I arrived at IOM at 700 am, i found a few people waiting outside the gate. At 730. the guards made us queue according to gender for security check. They used the time check IOM gives for the medical schedule for verification on clients. If you had paid for your medicals the gate clerk signed paid on your time check after producing the bank slips
After being ushered in we waited at the reception where we handed the time check and biodata of our passports. Passport photos were taken for each client and after the exercise we were then taken to the counseling room. We are all mixed with people traveling to Australia, Canada, UK and USA. We were briefed on reach countries requirements and each of us was later given a consent form to sign.
On the first day, only x Ray and blood sample was taken. Those who had not paid were asked to go pay at CBA village market after the exercise. I went to the cashier and produced my bank slips and given an official IOM receipt. 1030am i was through
DAY 2
I arrived at 700am and we were ushered in just like Day 1
At the reception we put our time checks on a tray as we sat down. The time checks were then taken and after a while our names were called in groups to go and see the doc.
I was called in and here you produce the IOM Receipt and Passport before the doc attends to you. My blood pressure, BMI, and eyesight were measured. The doc then asked my my medical history and after that my time check was handed back to me. I was asked to go upstairs for my physical exam. I waited for a few minutes and my name was called again. Here too you produce the IOM receipt, time check and passport before the doc attends to you. The doc asked me questions and again my medical history. NB The physical exam is done when you only have your under garment. I was then given my Xray CD and the doc gave me a clean bill of health and asked to proceed to the vaccination room. At the vaccination room you produce the IOM Receipt,time check and passport before the doc attends to you i was given three shots and that's it. 920am i was through.
I now focus on my visa interview and i know God will show his good deeds again.
I thank the forum for the positive input. I myself have benefited alot through this forum. God bless you all abundantly.
Tallisman,
Congratulations on completion of your medicals. Its really good u narrated it so well. Meaning that on both days you where done by 11am!!! Well then i can ask something here - how come you paid before? How do you gauge how much you are supposed to pay?

Niko254,
This is a week not a month as you assumed. Maybe you heard bits n bits due to joy u misplaced the sentence.

Did you read what he said? He got given the standard form which states a week but got told a month. It is not uncommon to be told something different to a standard form during this process.

Let me try explain my situation again. As much as the green paper given to me says the passport and visa packet will be ready in a week, the CO told me it might take upto a month. She said this was because the embassy had some 'internal issues', she even asked whether I had any urgent need for my passport because they'll need to hold on to it for a while.

After being told this, I waited for the person who went in after me and asked him whether he was told the same thing. He also got the exact communication as I did regarding the collection. I'm sure its not going to be a permanent problem and they'll resolve it asap. Otherwise the CO was really nice and approved my visa in 5 min, she didn't ask about any financial documents but you should always have them...just in case.

And word of advice to those going for interviews; don't carry the IOM CD, its not required and I found a DV winner who had misplaced his and had come to the embassy to look for it. Just keep it in a safe place.

Let me try explain my situation again. As much as the green paper given to me says the passport and visa packet will be ready in a week, the CO told me it might take upto a month. She said this was because the embassy had some 'internal issues', she even asked whether I had any urgent need for my passport because they'll need to hold on to it for a while.

After being told this, I waited for the person who went in after me and asked him whether he was told the same thing. He also got the exact communication as I did regarding the collection. I'm sure its not going to be a permanent problem and they'll resolve it asap. Otherwise the CO was really nice and approved my visa in 5 min, she didn't ask about any financial documents but you should always have them...just in case.

And word of advice to those going for interviews; don't carry the IOM CD, its not required and I found a DV winner who had misplaced his and had come to the embassy to look for it. Just keep it in a safe place.
I can now confirm was told the same today,my Visa is approved n was told it will take a while n they will issue in August,Am sorry @niko254 For thinking u lied.in 4mins was done..Thank you all for ya prayers.Stato hia i come.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your case, and well done for the apology!
@Britsimon Thanks a million..yu really helped me with lots of advice nt forgetin Arnold,susieqqq n the rest..FYI if u have a kid past 16yrs get him police cert using his birth cert..the CO document checker was very humble.wish al the rest success.:)

Tallisman,
Congratulations on completion of your medicals. Its really good u narrated it so well. Meaning that on both days you where done by 11am!!! Well then i can ask something here - how come you paid before? How do you gauge how much you are supposed to pay?
Hi! Arnold Thanks for your compliments.
I was able to pay before because i booked my appointments in person. After receiving my second notification letter i went to IOM where i booked my appointments and was given my appointment dates. I was given slips that had a standard fee of about 12000ksh. I was asked to go to the vaccination room where after an interrogation by the physicians they came up with a fee for vaccination. The total fee was about 19660kshs. Having now my medical fee, i was able to pay in advance