Indian visa after us citizen

Where you filed visa app,?

Kinder,
Where did you apply for visa? How long ago? What kind of visa? What did they tell you? Waiting on clearance? Let me know plz Dad is in the same boat.

Im still waiting. :(
anybody any suggestions

My renunciation is finally ready:

05/31/2011 2:00pm EST Pending approval of the Government of India
06/06/2011 3:37pm EST Outsourcing office has verified the Renunciation is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

Damn that took long.

I might apply for a visa next. They won't ask for the passport in NY so I will be ok I think

I got my visa in 1 day! It's a 5 year entry visa. It feels so good.

The renunciation took 2 months! They rejected it because the passport I submitted had expired in 2005, and it is stated therein that it was issued as an additional booklet. The consulate misunderstood this and thought that there was ANOTHER booklet to this and that this was not the most recent one. A notarised letter explaining the situation was all that was necessary.

New York's consulate is definitely easier than San Francisco's. Nuts.

Did you apply at SFO ? I applied for renunciation at SFO and my passport expired in 2003. Do you think my renunciation certificate will be declined?
It's been 2 weeks and nothing yet.

No all in NY. I don't know about SF, but if they question you, just explain you never had a need to travel and didn't realise the passport had expired. As a GC holder you were never worried.

SFO Entry Visa and Tourist visa requirment changed

Good news, SFO consulate No longer ask for green card copies and indian passports which you use first time when you entered to USA. I prey everyone will get their visas soon.

Wow..that's nice. So, we can now get visa same day in person.
cafeconleche - Any reason you applied for 5 years and not 10 years visa ?

There is no 10-year ENTRY visa, only 5-year. A 10-year TOURIST visa is available, but that is too restrictive a visa for me.

Birth Certificate will do.

My mum has similar problem to the post you replied to. She was born in India but moved out on her mother's passport when she was a baby. She moved to Kenya and obtained British overseas passport, and in 2007 she got her US citizenship. She never held her own Indian passport. Now there is no chance of getting her mother's passport and unfortunately she does not have a birth certificate. Instead of that she has an affidavit that we have been using whenever she needed a “birth certificate”. Does anyone have any suggestion …we really really want to go to India!!!. Thanks!

Congrats Cafeconleche

I got my visa in 1 day! It's a 5 year entry visa. It feels so good.

The renunciation took 2 months! They rejected it because the passport I submitted had expired in 2005, and it is stated therein that it was issued as an additional booklet. The consulate misunderstood this and thought that there was ANOTHER booklet to this and that this was not the most recent one. A notarised letter explaining the situation was all that was necessary.

New York's consulate is definitely easier than San Francisco's. Nuts.

So hows SFO CGI doing now ?

I didn't see any body posting in this thread for a while, so I hope people are not coming across any problems while applying for Visas/OCI at CGI San Francisco any more... any recent update/challenges ?

UPDATE ON SFO CONSULATE - STILL SUCKS

Hey Guys,

Im new to this thread. I read the entire thread to understand what was going on and it relates to my situation just as it did to all of yours.

Here's whats going on with me. Im a derivative Asylee

This is ALL AT SFO VIA COX AND KINGS GLOBAL SERVICES
I submitted my application for visa along with renunciation for indian passport which expired 2008 (Has Asylum Stamp).
My visa was rejected. And Renunciation also denied. Spent $475 went to waste.

NO GC Submitted or asked for but a copy of my naturalization cert.

I wish I knew there was a problem that existed

IF any one can update me on anything any advice. please let me know.