How to apply for green card for immediate relative (Parents)

Asylee104

Registered Users (C)
I am a United States Citizen and would like to apply for green card for my Mom & Dad. They stay in India but both have a travel visa for the US for 10 years. They have visited me 4 times for a stay of around 2 weeks each.

While researching to apply for their green card, I see that I have to fill two forms: I-130 and I-485. However, I am confused about which route to follow: "Get a green card while inside the US" OR "Get a green card while outside the US". If we follow the latter, "Get a green card while outside the US", then do I just need to fill out form I-130 and that is it?

I would appreciate any guidance on this.

Yes, for "Get a green card while outside the US", a.k.a. "Consular Processing", you file I-130 and that's it; more stuff will come later when the I-130 is approved.
For "Get a green card while inside the US", a.k.a. "Adjustment of Status", you file I-130 and they file I-485 together. However, you cannot enter on a tourist visa intending to adjust status during that trip, so there is no real way they can "Get a green card while inside the US".