J1 waiver issue . Need help 'n

Montyiraq

Hello everyone,
So my story is a little different from what i have seen in this site . I came to the US in 2011 as an exchange student ( j1 visa ) and the program was only 6 weeks. Before the time ends i left the program and applied for asylum because of the situation i had in my country ( iraq) that prevented me from going back . It passed 3 years and i was still pending. After that i got married to a US citizen in 2014 january and in march 2014 i got denied from the asylum office . So i went to court and the lawyer terminate the case because i applied for petition I-130 and the judge terminate my case and told me to continue the procedure through marriage. I got approved for the i-130 but now my issue is the waiver. The program is funded by US government so i dont know if " No Objection " will work. Also applying as " fear of persecuting " is still valid with all the bad things happening in iraq but its really hard and risky and if they deny my asylum then why not waiver ! . So what should i do ? I'm really lost .

There are several ways of getting J-1 Waiver. You can choose one that suits you best.
Usually No Objection Statement is the easiest.
http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ge/student/residency-waiver/ds-3035-faqs.html
The five bases for recommendation of a waiver are:
  • No Objection Statement;
  • Request by an Interested U.S. Federal Government Agency;
  • Persecution;
  • Exceptional Hardship to a U.S. Citizen (or lawful permanent resident) Spouse or Child of an Exchange Visitor; and
  • Request by a Designated State Public Health Department or its Equivalent (Conrad State 30 Program).