Visa Interview at Islamabad

astonishR

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Does anyone knows if US Consulate in Islamabad is still issing H4 non immigrant visa for spouse of H1 visa in US?
Thanks and I really appreciate your response.

Please help!!!

I am here in US on H1b visa and my wife ofcourse holds H4. My visa is valid till Sep 2004 and it is stamped. However, my wife still need to apply for new visa. Please advise if Islamabad is issuing H4 dependent visa these days. She is planning to visit Pakistan and would like to get her passport stamped form Islamabad.

No Title

final stage,
thanks for posting the message. Please let me know if you hear anything. thanks.

Getting H4 Visa

Hi,

Currently, I am on H1B vis and I am getting married on April, 2002...Can anyone tell me what documents my fiance needs from me and does she have to go for an Interview at Embassy in islamabd to get H4.

Any help would be appreciated...Thanx!

Its very easy!!!

Islamabad US Embassy people are great. No irrelavent questions. Just tell her to bring Passport, pictures, receipt of the processing fee, copy of your H-1b approval notice, your current employment verification, couple of pay stubs will be great and marriage certificate. Some time they asked for wedding pictures and proof. Make sure deposit your processing fee at Bank of America branch located on Blue area branch, Islamabad or any other city before she go for an interview. Good luck they treat very well. Do post her experience aftarword.

H1-H4

I have never been to Islamabad Embassy, but my wife did go for her F2 at Karachi Embassy in 1994. If I remember correctly, they do ask for wedding proof and wedding pictures. Wedding pictures are not required, but it\'s better to take one with you.

By the way, I am planning a trip to Pakistan next summer. I am on H1 and my wife on H4. Since we can no longer go to Canada or Mexico to get visa stamp, we probably have to go to Islamabad. What is the process over there? Can I call them from here and get an appointment well in advance? Since I\'ll probably go for only a couple of weeks, I will not have a lot of time to waste. What is the best and the quickest way to get an appointment at Islamabad.

Please reply. Thanks

Please Clarify?

What do you mean that you can get a visa stamped in the US. What visa type and who can qualify for it. I was not able to find the information from www.travel.state.gov. Please clarify. Thanks
Farhan

No Title

Farhan
As far as I know, you cannot get your passport stamped from within the US. You need to get it stamped overseas You can only changes your status in the US, if one is in legal status.
You need to get the H-4 stamped before you arrive to the U.S. Go to Islamabad and get it stamped from there.
Hope this helps.

You can get the visa stamped on your passport here in US

Try www.travel.state.gov

If your visa category is the same as the previous one and it has not expired for more than a year, you can get it stamped in US. See that site for details. Lots of people use it and it is very convenient as long as you are eligible to apply within US. Hope it helps.

In my case it has been more than one year and I probably need to have it stamped back in Pakistan or go to Canada to get it stamped.

H-4 VISA

My wife a week ago H-4 visa fron US embassey Islamabad.They just took all the papers ( H-1 approval notice,letter from company,pay stubbs,bank statement,affidevit of support,tax return,nikah nama and photocopy of my passport ) .On the interview they just took the papers and asked my family to wait for half an hour and after that ,they approved my wifes case.Thats all

H-4 VISA

My wife a week ago H-4 visa from US embassey Islamabad.They just took all the papers ( H-1 approval notice,letter from company,pay stubbs,bank statement,affidevit of support,tax return,nikah nama and photocopy of my passport ) .On the interview they just took the papers and asked my family to wait for half an hour and after that ,they approved my wifes case.Thats all

To get a Legal status after a birth of an american born

I need to know that my wife who is on a student visa residing in states at current who will be delivering our baby within 1 1/2 months. Her visa is valid till 2004 and we need to know that after the birth of our baby how would we be able to get our citizen ship. Advise.

My wife a week ago H-4 visa from US embassey Islamabad.They just took all the papers ( H-1 approval notice,letter from company,pay stubbs,bank statement,affidavit of support,tax return,nikah nama and photocopy of my passport ) .On the interview they just took the papers and asked my family to wait for half an hour and after that ,they approved my wifes case.Thats all

Hello malidar,
I am getting married in Pakistan this December, I am in US on TN (work permit for Canadian citizen), my company is converting my TN to H1-B. So that i can apply for my wife H4 (who is Pakistani citizen). As i have Canadian passport , so i don't need H1 visa stamp. will that be a problem in getting my wife H4 stamp ?
Is it necessary to have my name on my wife passport and NIC rather then her father name.
We will be going for my wife H4 interview at US Consulate Islamabad right after wedding (probably within couple days) so that she can get her visa stamp asap and can come with me to US (with in couple weeks).

As I will apply for her visa right after wedding so we will not have time for changing the name on her NIC and passport.

plus what is affidavit of support ? where can i get that

any help will be appreciated

hafshik,

Lotsa early planning :) Thats good!

I donn't know anything about TN and Canadian passpoet holder issues. For H4 though, your wife does not need to have her passport updated with your name or anything. Her existing passport would work.

hafshik,

Lotsa early planning :) Thats good!

I donn't know anything about TN and Canadian passpoet holder issues. For H4 though, your wife does not need to have her passport updated with your name or anything. Her existing passport would work.
Thanks a101,

yea I know its too early in planing, i am just trying to make sure every thing is properly planed, As i don't want to leave her alone in Pakistan, not even for single day. I will do what ever possible by me, baki Allah ki marzi.

thanks