Processing time for green card based on asylum

Processing times can vary a lot depending on different factors, like the workload at the service center and the complexity of your case. Honestly, the range they give is pretty wide, so it's tough to pin down an exact timeline. But hearing from others who've been through it can definitely help manage expectations. You might wanna check out forums or groups where folks share their experiences—it can give you a better idea of what to expect. Also, staying on top of your application and making sure all your ducks are in a row can help speed things up a bit. Good luck with everything!

Hi guys, I’m wondering if most of the interviews for green card through asylum are getting waved these days. I see that usually after notification “your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview” it gets scheduled in about half of the year. For me it has been almost a year since may 2023. Is it a normal processing?

11/20/2021 - Fingerprint Fee Was Received.
06/06/2022 - e-request sent.
06/24/2022 - e-request answered.
10/10/2022 - 2nd e-request sent.
10/13/2022 - I made an appointment for a Tier 2 officer to call me.

My timeline is like that.
Hi. How did you make an appointment for a Tier 2 officer to call you?

Hi everyone,
My green card has been approved today . I mailed my I-485 adjustment of status on March 20, 2023 and I send it with my medical exams. After 14 months , finally and after being waiting for 23 years for this moment . Thank you , Jesus it has been a long journey .

Hi everyone,
My green card has been approved today . I mailed my I-485 adjustment of status on March 20, 2023 and I send it with my medical exams. After 14 months , finally and after being waiting for 23 years for this moment . Thank you , Jesus it has been a long journey .
Congratulations to you

Hi everyone,
If you dont mind helping I am a little confused on March 20, 2023 you send i485 with medical exams. After 14 months you got approved, then how is it waiting for 23 years. Please help me understand my i485 asylum based is on hold for 24 years, you are one hope for me if your i485 was on hold for 23 years, I applied for Asylum in 1993 and approved in 1998 in Asylum office after interview with asylum officer, I have a clean background history.

If you dont mind helping I am a little confused on March 20, 2023 you send i485 with medical exams. After 14 months you got approved, then how is it waiting for 23 years. Please help me understand my i485 asylum based is on hold for 24 years, you are one hope for me if your i485 was on hold for 23 years, I applied for Asylum in 1993 and approved in 1998 in Asylum office after interview with asylum officer, I have a clean background history.
Arrived to US 2001
Applied for asylum February 2017
Asylum approved April 2022
Applied for I-485 March 2023
I-485 approved April 2024
I’ve been in the US for 23 years and finally, I’m a green card holder. Since I arrived , I tried to applied ; however attorneys told me that I don’t qualify but in 2016 while keep knocking doors and a lawyer to represent me in my asylum case , this attorney gave me hope and on December 2016, I brought all my documents to applied for asylum. He sent my asylum case on January 2016 and I received a receipt that my case was file February 7, 2017 so yes is 23 years waiting for this moment. Did you send you I-485 ?

Arrived to US 2001
I’ve been in the US for 23 years and finally, I’m a green card holder. Since I arrived , I tried to applied ; however attorneys told me that I don’t qualify but in 2016 while keep knocking doors and a lawyer to represent me in my asylum case , this attorney gave me hope and on December 2016, I brought all my documents to applied for asylum. He sent my asylum case on January 2016 and I received a receipt that my case was file February 7, 2017 so yes is 23 years waiting for this moment. Did you send you I-485 ?
Yes in 1999, my asylum was approved in 1998 and i485 was filed in 1999. The file after interview in 2021 from Arizona field office was sent to California asylum office for Post-Asylum Eligibility Review.

Last edited:
Arrived to US 2001
Congratulations! How is possible to accept asylum case after 16 years in USA?

You're kidding right! 24 years waiting for a green card man you should have a big issue or they didn't take your application because it's no chance at all without a decision that long.
USCIS does not show much respect to asylees they just use this for dominating the UN by playing thier human rights drums, I regret taking asylum in USA every day. The shameful issue is that even after my local service center after interview send my case to another office for review.

USCIS does not show much respect to asylees they just use this for dominating the UN by playing thier human rights drums, I regret taking asylum in USA every day. The shameful issue is that even after my local service center after interview send my case to another office for
I never heard taking that long,I don't know what to say. If you followed the rules in the country and applied applied for a green card as you saying somebody in Uscis should lose the job.

I never heard taking that long,I don't know what to say. If you followed the rules in the country and applied applied for a green card as you saying somebody in Uscis should lose the job.
I hope USCIS will start fixing problems in thier department instead of abusing the authority which is given under public trust. I have a clean record applied for Asylum within 2 months of arriving in USA, applied for i485 after one year of asylum approval, I never got a parking ticket in my life, but in 2005 I had a bad argument with Buffalo NY immigration officer at US Canada Border this was after my green card finger prints and picture were taken, the officer at the border told me I can see your file, you were going to get your Green card but unfortunately now you will not see it coming and I am telling you this because I am an immigration officer, later I told my attorney and he said it is not possible he was just bullying but later after delayed time my attorney told me they can do any thing after 911 write to your congressman so I did. Still suffering USCIS can not deny my case so based on my opinions they are putting my case on hold for me to make a mistake and they can find a reason to deny.

I hope USCIS will start fixing problems in thier department instead of abusing the authority which is given under public trust. I have a clean record applied for Asylum within 2 months of arriving in USA, applied for i485 after one year of asylum approval, I never got a parking ticket in my life, but in 2005 I had a bad argument with Buffalo NY immigration officer at US Canada Border this was after my green card finger prints and picture were taken, the officer at the border told me I can see your file, you were going to get your Green card but unfortunately now you will not see it coming and I am telling you this because I am an immigration officer, later I told my attorney and he said it is not possible he was just bullying but later after delayed time my attorney told me they can do any thing after 911 write to your congressman so I did. Still suffering USCIS can not deny my case so based on my opinions they are putting my case on hold for me to make a mistake and they can find a reason to deny.
Even if you have arguments in 2005 now we are 2024 way to far,what show your status online?

Even if you have arguments in 2005 now we are 2024 way to far,what show your status online?
On October 29, 2012, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number LIN000 USCIS has begun working on your case again. We will send you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. ........I just copy/pasted from the website

On October 29, 2012, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number LIN000 USCIS has begun working on your case again. We will send you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. ........I just copy/pasted from the website
Still way to far,did you do inquiry with Emma chat in uscis website?

Still way to far,did you do inquiry with Emma chat in uscis website?
Please give me the link of Emma chat, what is it about? BTW I was interviewed for more than 5 hours in December 2021, still waiting since. However the uscis interviewing officer not once mentioned about Buffalo/ NY border dispute, I also thought I should not bring it up.

Please give me the link of Emma chat, what is it about? BTW I was interviewed for more than 5 hours in December 2021, still waiting since. However the uscis interviewing officer not once mentioned about Buffalo/ NY border dispute, I also thought I should not bring it up.
This is uscis website go to pictures and they will transfer to live agent. It's 8am-8pm. Monday-Friday. Give your information and they will tell you what to do.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240424-180951_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240424-180951_Chrome.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 12