• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Will Be Soon!!!!!!!

@robert obaga There isn't any planned delay all entrants have the chance to check their results from 12:00PM EDT on Tuesday. That said, from past experience the Entrant Status Check will almost certainly fall over as a result of enormous demand.

On the day of, in case you're interested, analytics (dot) usa (dot) gov has a live visitor counter for each Agency website. From the Agency list along the top select Department of State and you'll see how many people are trying to check their results. :)

Hope this helps someone! :D
Cheers man I appreciate this info, It will definitely come in handy

@sdnm That doesn't surprise me! It's a really interesting page in itself. Gives you an idea of which countries people are checking from the most toward the bottom, too.

What took me by surprise was the third country by percentage of total visits was the United Kingdom - which is exempt from participating in the lottery as a charging country.

I guess it's just IP accuracy, but still surprising nonetheless. I expected Ireland to be higher :D

Yeah!! It could be luck or heavenly intervention....;)!!Got selected DV 2014....on my third trial...was hit by cut off with a few hundred CNs:(...then got selected again 2018.:)...but the VB is quite slow....God willing will be interviewed and pass....as being selected n the interviewed are two different things....!!! So I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST HOPE ALL GET SELECTED WITH GOOD CNs....I am also waiting for the results as well I played again last year!!! You never know the end of it all!!!

wow, the luck is real. selected twice? my god.

Sometimes I wish things could be different and that I would have been selected 5 years earlier from now, I started around 19/20 years old and I'm 28 now, I'm bilingual, I worked 18 months in the US, I have a master degree... All that doesn't help me, I have to rely on luck and hope that I'll eventually get there through my employer. It's my 7th or 8th application, every year, the month before the results are in, I'm thinking about it a lot : when I see some of you guys that have been waiting 10 or 12 times, I'm thinking 'man, I'm not done yet'. We'll see this year, best of luck to all the people on this forum, I know that if they're here it's because it really matters to them.

Yes, i wish there were certain criteria that made your chances of winning this higher..rather than luck.
I've been in this country for 10 years, legally, on two separate visas.
Went to middle school, highschool, and college here(obtained a bachelors degree) and none of that matters when it comes to getting this.
It's bullshit really but eh, what can you do..just have hope.

Yes, i wish there were certain criteria that made your chances of winning this higher..rather than luck.
Went to middle school, highschool, and college here(obtained a bachelors degree) and none of that matters when it comes to getting this.

What kind of visas did you enter on, if you don't mind me asking?

F1 im guessing.
I always wondered how the Immigrant DV works when the candidate enters on a non-dual-intent visa (like the F1). Wouldn't that be considered Dual Intent - ie to apply for an Immigrant visa while on a Non-Immigrant non-dual-intent?

What kind of visas did you enter on, if you don't mind me asking?
F1 im guessing.

First visa was an L2, dad got transferred from his company to America so he was on an L1 and my mom and I were on L2's which allowed her to work and allowed me to attend school here.
That visa expired, so I got switched over to an F1 to finish my studies. I just got my bachelors degree in December and I was unable to get a sponsor for an h1b so I have to leave which sucks but, can't stay here illegal. Well I can but I don't want to because that will ruin any future chances.

First visa was an L2, dad got transferred from his company to America so he was on an L1 and my mom and I were on L2's which allowed her to work and allowed me to attend school here.
That visa expired, so I got switched over to an F1 to finish my studies. I just got my bachelors degree in December and I was unable to get a sponsor for an h1b so I have to leave which sucks but, can't stay here illegal. Well I can but I don't want to because that will ruin any future chances.

I'm sorry to hear you had to leave. I had a similar issue last year that put my entire life in the States at risk. It's not a nice feeling knowing that one little piece of paper controls so much of your livelihood. I really do wish you the best of luck this year.

Living in the States and then having to leave is awful (I was only there 2 years but that was still tough), I can't imagine what it is like after that long @Bbal4lif2. I think that is what worries me most about the E3 (available to Aussies but not a permanent visa). The thought of having to pack up and move quickly is just a little hard to consider (especially as one gets older!). I hope this is your year!

Q

I'm sorry to hear you had to leave. I had a similar issue last year that put my entire life in the States at risk. It's not a nice feeling knowing that one little piece of paper controls so much of your livelihood. I really do wish you the best of luck this year.

Thanks! Yeah it sucks because being in a country for a decade is a big deal, and then having to go back to an island where the lifestyle is wayyyyyyyy different with zero benefits is such a horrible feeling lol. I will do all my best to make it back here. I'm trying my best to have hope with this lottery but, even if you're selected i doesn't guarantee you'll even get an interview so yeah. But good luck to you and everyone as well!

Living in the States and then having to leave is awful (I was only there 2 years but that was still tough), I can't imagine what it is like after that long @Bbal4lif2. I think that is what worries me most about the E3 (available to Aussies but not a permanent visa). The thought of having to pack up and move quickly is just a little hard to consider (especially as one gets older!). I hope this is your year!

Q

Yeah its the worst, i've gotten such horrible depression because of it haha. But thanks man! Hopefully you get selected as well.

I feel your pain.. I went through 3 visa's in a 12 year period.. and wasn't enough for me to stay legally.. I ran out of time.. hopefully this lotto can be our lifeline back.

Keep yourself as busy as possible now you are back home @Bbal4lif2 (where is home btw?). As most of the regulars on here know (I have been here forever ;)), I have kept myself busy by going back to university and getting a Bachelors. Funny thing, I am now about to finish my Masters and just this week was asked to apply for a PhD scholarship. Wouldn't it be funny if I finally got selected on Tuesday? The universe might just have a sense of humour ;)

All the best

Q