• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

another question, when someone would be able to have like an account online with Uscis to see updates on his application, can I create like a log in or they have to send me the receipt of the package first?

You’ll obviously need the receipt number in order to check the case status online, so you might as well wait until you get it before creating a USCIS account.

FYI: AOS requires a lot of patience or you’ll drive yourself crazy stressing over your case every now and then.

Hi mom and everyone,
My wife is the primary applicant with DV case number EU0007XXX and we are applying for my wife, my son, and myself. We are current in January. We paid $1225 x 2 for myself and my wife, and $750 for our 7-year-old son in three different checks.
We send our package on Jan 2nd. We received three text and e-mail notifications for all three of us on Jan 11th. We haven't received the NoA letters yet.
What is bothering me is they have cashed two $1225-checks, but there is no action on $750-check yet.
Should we be concerned? Do you think we should call the Center?
If not yet, when do you think we can start to be concerned about this?
Many thanks.

Hi mom and everyone,
My wife is the primary applicant with DV case number EU0007XXX and we are applying for my wife, my son, and myself. We are current in January. We paid $1225 x 2 for myself and my wife, and $750 for our 7-year-old son in three different checks.
We send our package on Jan 2nd. We received three text and e-mail notifications for all three of us on Jan 11th. We haven't received the NoA letters yet.
What is bothering me is they have cashed two $1225-checks, but there is no action on $750-check yet.
Should we be concerned? Do you think we should call the Center?
If not yet, when do you think we can start to be concerned about this?
Many thanks.

You got got acceptance notifications for the three of you, end of story. If your son’s package wasn’t accepted, you wouldn’t have received the notification. They will cash the check when they’re ready.

You got got acceptance notifications for the three of you, end of story. If your son’s package wasn’t accepted, you wouldn’t have received the notification. They will cash the check when they’re ready.

Thank you, mom. What a relief! We really appreciate your help here in this forum and admire your knowledge.

Hi mom
I am a student under F1. I want to know your opinion about filling travel document with other required documents. is it ok to do it?

Hi mom
I am a student under F1. I want to know your opinion about filling travel document with other required documents. is it ok to do it?

I personally wouldn't bother applying for one. I'm however aware of the fact that everyone's situation isn't the same as mine, people have different reasons for doing what they do. If you want guidance regarding if you should or shouldn't apply for one, I can not specifically tell you what to do. You can however refer to the AOS process spreadsheet and go over the detailed write up I did on AP and EAD card use, and make your own decision.

I personally wouldn't bother applying for one. I'm however aware of the fact that everyone's situation isn't the same as mine, people have different reasons for doing what they do. If you want guidance regarding if you should or shouldn't apply for one, I can not specifically tell you what to do. You can however refer to the AOS process spreadsheet and go over the detailed write up I did on AP and EAD card use, and make your own decision.
thanks for sharing it with me. I learned a lot from this forum.

Do we need unexpired usa VISA in our passport or the valid legal status is enough for the AOS? my visa was expired in 2015 but still have legal status. Is it ok for me to have AOS with expired visa?

Do we need unexpired usa VISA in our passport or the valid legal status is enough for the AOS? my visa was expired in 2015 but still have legal status. Is it ok for me to have AOS with expired visa?

Your visa is merely a piece of document that grants entry into the US. The expired visa in this case is irrelevant as long as you’re in a valid legal status.

1-is the form G325 A Biographic information needed within the AOs Package, I read it somewhere and can not find it again?
2-is the Dependents kids required to pay the $85 Biometeric fee or only main applicant?
3- one of my kids is 13 will turn 14 during the process, may be before or after the interview, not sure yet, do I have to pay full fee for him or only $750 ?

I did not file any tax return yet as I been in USA for just one year so the first year to file will be 2017, what should I include in my package to replace that?

1-is the form G325 A Biographic information needed within the AOs Package, I read it somewhere and can not find it again?
2-is the Dependents kids required to pay the $85 Biometeric fee or only main applicant?
3- one of my kids is 13 will turn 14 during the process, may be before or after the interview, not sure yet, do I have to pay full fee for him or only $750 ?

1. No, it is no longer required.
2. Children under 14 are not required to pay the bio fee.
3. Precisely which month does your kid turn 14 and when do you plan on sending in your AOS package?

As an aside, I recommend you go over the AOS process spreadsheet. Most of your questions are already adequately covered in there.

I did not file any tax return yet as I been in USA for just one year so the first year to file will be 2017, what should I include in my package to replace that?

Include whatever other documents you have. You will hopefully have filed before you’re scheduled for an interview and can present your tax return documents then.

1. No, it is no longer required.
2. Children under 14 are not required to pay the bio fee.
3. Precisely which month does your kid turn 14 and when do you plan on sending in your AOS package?

As an aside, I recommend you go over the AOS process spreadsheet. Most of your questions are already adequately covered in there.

he turns 14 in April and I am sending the package this week, I do look on the spread sheet, it is my bible right now

hi,

Me again working on my DS260. I haven't submitted yet and I found out that they ask - at the very end of the DS260 - about the interview location (even if they already asked in the "getting started"section and I selected USCIS 4 months ago and I can't go back) and I can switch from AoS/USCIS (my current option) to CP (the one I want). So I tried and I selected the CP at the end of the DS260 but when I saved it and I reviewed my form it says "USCIS" even if when I come back to the "location" page to change it the "CP" route is indeed saved/selected...
1. I am not sure what KCC will see, so should I:
a. Select "CP" option at the end of the form even if it says USCIS on the "review" section and it mismatches with my selection at the very beginning of the form , OR
b. Select "AoS/USCIS" (like my selection at the very beginning of the form in order to be consistent), submit it and ask KCC to unlock it in order to change to CP

I also have a second question:
2. When I tried earlier to unlock my AoS/USCIS choice they responded that I should submit it first and also that "You will need to include information that explains why you need the interview location changed". I don't know how to interpret this part. Are they picky about the reasons of the change? Can I just say that it's easier for me to do the CP? Or even only say that I 'changed my mind'? I do it in order to be able to go back 1 month to see the family and mainly because the CP route is faster... but I am not sure that it's an 'acceptable' answer to KCC :)
I am EU24xxx if I do it with the CP route I should be interviewed ~in June while if I do it via AoS it should take a couple months more (I am in NY FO and they tend to be pretty slow if I understood correctly) so I could end up being interviewed in September and I don't want to face the same issues (no more GC available) that happened in Sept 2017...

thanks for your help !

An infopass wouldn’t hurt. Check for an open slot at different times of the day on an ongoing basis.

Hello Mom,

Thank you for your response.

I have been looking since Friday morning for appointment time, but it is still showing that time is not available. There is a Note that says it shows all the available time for next 14 days, Is that mean there are no available appointment time for next 14 days or more? Is there any other way I can schedule an appointment apart from online?

I have one more question (after info pass time is available):

I saw some comments, that info pass appointment can also be an interview. So, should I :

1) schedule an appointment for me and my wife both and go together?

or (If not more than one appointment time available)

2) Schedule only one appointment and both of us go together ?

or

3) Schedule one appointment and only one of us (since I am primary I will) go?

hi,

Me again working on my DS260. I haven't submitted yet and I found out that they ask - at the very end of the DS260 - about the interview location (even if they already asked in the "getting started"section and I selected USCIS 4 months ago and I can't go back) and I can switch from AoS/USCIS (my current option) to CP (the one I want). So I tried and I selected the CP at the end of the DS260 but when I saved it and I reviewed my form it says "USCIS" even if when I come back to the "location" page to change it the "CP" route is indeed saved/selected...
1. I am not sure what KCC will see, so should I:
a. Select "CP" option at the end of the form even if it says USCIS on the "review" section and it mismatches with my selection at the very beginning of the form , OR
b. Select "AoS/USCIS" (like my selection at the very beginning of the form in order to be consistent), submit it and ask KCC to unlock it in order to change to CP

I also have a second question:
2. When I tried earlier to unlock my AoS/USCIS choice they responded that I should submit it first and also that "You will need to include information that explains why you need the interview location changed". I don't know how to interpret this part. Are they picky about the reasons of the change? Can I just say that it's easier for me to do the CP? Or even only say that I 'changed my mind'? I do it in order to be able to go back 1 month to see the family and mainly because the CP route is faster... but I am not sure that it's an 'acceptable' answer to KCC :)
I am EU24xxx if I do it with the CP route I should be interviewed ~in June while if I do it via AoS it should take a couple months more (I am in NY FO and they tend to be pretty slow if I understood correctly) so I could end up being interviewed in September and I don't want to face the same issues (no more GC available) that happened in Sept 2017...

thanks for your help !

Okay, first of all, if you’re processing CP, you need to stop posting on the AOS thread. There’s a general thread for all selectees you can post on, of find some other appropriate thread to post on. The AOS thread is strictly for those processing AOS and for DV based AOS process related questions only. I will answer this time, but post subsequent questions on the appropriate thread.

1. Select CP, submit your form. Follow up with an email to KCC informing them of your desire your switch to CP.

2. They’re not picky about reason for changing process option. And there’s no such thing as an “acceptable” reason. Tell them whatever your reason is, keep it short and straight to the point.

Hello Mom,

Thank you for your response.

I have been looking since Friday morning for appointment time, but it is still showing that time is not available. There is a Note that says it shows all the available time for next 14 days, Is that mean there are no available appointment time for next 14 days or more? Is there any other way I can schedule an appointment apart from online?

I have one more question (after info pass time is available):

I saw some comments, that info pass appointment can also be an interview. So, should I :

1) schedule an appointment for me and my wife both and go together?

or (If not more than one appointment time available)

2) Schedule only one appointment and both of us go together ?

or

3) Schedule one appointment and only one of us (since I am primary I will) go?

Appointment slots are open in two week batches. The only way to schedule an appointment is online through infopass. Have you been checking online, like hourly? Have you tried between midnight and 2-3am? Sounds unreasonable, yes, but like they say desperate times calls for desperate measures. That is what I meant earlier on by trying at different times of the day.

You only need to schedule for one person, but I believe there’s typically an option for indicating how many people will be attending. So you and your wife can attend together, you don’t need two different time slots.