• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Hello everyone,

Need your advise guys :)

My wife have been selected CN EU2018***26000, we got married after the results of lottery was announced. After marriage her surname have changed and get new passport including new numbers, which have been used then we filled our DS-260 form in June. Later maybe 1 month, we saw a mistake (New passport was missing her digital signature - I dont know how...) in her new passport, which have been made by our country institution which is responsible for citizen passports. Because of this situation she have a new passport with new documents numbers and issue and expire dates, which are different from the one with mistake that we used in DS-260 form.

1. My question is do we need to inform KCC about this?
2. Can it affect the interview at embassy ? (we have only copies of the old passport with mistake, because they took it, before giving new one).
3. Or should we just wait till the interview (according to CN and our forum experts predictions May-June I hope :) ) and it is not something that we should worry about? (May-June I hope :) )

Sorry for long post guys, we just want to make sure that we made everything we can, to deal with this process successfully. :)

Trying to be patient, thank you for your answers and advises and happy holiday! :)

Hello everyone,

Need your advise guys :)

My wife have been selected CN EU2018***26000, we got married after the results of lottery was announced. After marriage her surname have changed and get new passport including new numbers, which have been used then we filled our DS-260 form in June. Later maybe 1 month, we saw a mistake (New passport was missing her digital signature - I dont know how...) in her new passport, which have been made by our country institution which is responsible for citizen passports. Because of this situation she have a new passport with new documents numbers and issue and expire dates, which are different from the one with mistake that we used in DS-260 form.

1. My question is do we need to inform KCC about this?
2. Can it affect the interview at embassy ? (we have only copies of the old passport with mistake, because they took it, before giving new one).
3. Or should we just wait till the interview (according to CN and our forum experts predictions May-June I hope :) ) and it is not something that we should worry about? (May-June I hope :) )

Sorry for long post guys, we just want to make sure that we made everything we can, to deal with this process successfully. :)

Trying to be patient, thank you for your answers and advises and happy holiday! :)

Unlock the DS260 form and add the new passport number. Not a problem.

Hello , Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to you all thank you for all the help on this forum i had one question.
1.So when i got selected the embassy was automatically skopje Macedonia but now in my country Kosovo the Prishtina embassy started working(so its new just started working) i completed my Ds-260 now im thinking should i leave the embassy in skopje or change it to Prishtina . What can be better since some embassies are lenient than others or that doesnt matter. Thank you so much

Hello , Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to you all thank you for all the help on this forum i had one question.
1.So when i got selected the embassy was automatically skopje Macedonia but now in my country Kosovo the Prishtina embassy started working(so its new just started working) i completed my Ds-260 now im thinking should i leave the embassy in skopje or change it to Prishtina . What can be better since some embassies are lenient than others or that doesnt matter. Thank you so much
Your consulate for interview will be assigned by KCC based on the home address you’ve listed. So if Pristina is now open you’d be allocated there, you don’t have to do anything further.

Actually I believe it should be if Pristina is open AND the embassy process immigrant visa, you will be assigned to that embassy by KCC.

Actually I believe it should be if Pristina is open AND the embassy process immigrant visa, you will be assigned to that embassy by KCC.
@SusieQQQ Yeah The embassy is processing immigrant visas DV but by the time i added DS-260 the Prishtina Embassy wasn't processing immigrant visas so i placed it on Skopje but now that i learned that the Prishtina Embassy is processing immigrant visa i asked so now i just should wait or call them to make sure i get the interview in Prishtina , hopefully Prishtina Embassy is lenient

@SusieQQQ Yeah The embassy is processing immigrant visas DV but by the time i added DS-260 the Prishtina Embassy wasn't processing immigrant visas so i placed it on Skopje but now that i learned that the Prishtina Embassy is processing immigrant visa i asked so now i just should wait or call them to make sure i get the interview in Prishtina , hopefully Prishtina Embassy is lenient

They will schedule you automatically based on your home address.
Why are you so worried about the embassy being “lenient”? Is there a potential problem with your application?

Hello,

Me and my wife are scheduled for an interview in mid January in Stockholm, Sweden.
We have our papers in order, but we're a bit insecure about how much proof is needed to prove that our marriage is real. We've been a couple for 10 years but recently got married.
Is a few photos, copies of shared bank accounts enough? We don't have issues printing more, but what would you say is sufficient?

Thank you

They will schedule you automatically based on your home address.
Why are you so worried about the embassy being “lenient”? Is there a potential problem with your application?
Well thank you for your answers first, second nope i dont think there is a problem with my application as far as im aware off but i was just asking!! Thanks once again

Hello everyone ! First of all, Happy New Year to each one of you and thanks a lot for the precious help you offer here !
One quick question: what about the sealed envelope which contains the medical documents and you need to give when you come confirm your temporary visa ? If at the Ambassy the say all is ok, "Welcome to the US !", but, when you go confirm your visa at the airport border in the US, there is something wrong in the sealed envelope ? The "Welcome to the US !" goes away ?

Thank you for your help !
Have a nice day, everyone.

Hello everyone ! First of all, Happy New Year to each one of you and thanks a lot for the precious help you offer here !
One quick question: what about the sealed envelope which contains the medical documents and you need to give when you come confirm your temporary visa ? If at the Ambassy the say all is ok, "Welcome to the US !", but, when you go confirm your visa at the airport border in the US, there is something wrong in the sealed envelope ? The "Welcome to the US !" goes away ?

Thank you for your help !
Have a nice day, everyone.

If there was something wrong with the medical, the embassy wouldn’t have issued the visa in the first place. The embassy will not give you a package that makes you inadmissible and ask you to hand it over at the POE.

Happy New Year for all of you!

The day has come and our interview appointment is set: February 22nd 2018 will be a day to remember!

We initially got the interview set on the beginning of February but we rescheduled as we have some traveling exactly in the beginning of that month and well, as the reschedule is available - we took advantage.

I am really excited we got this! And of course I will be over-my-mind excited once the CO will say those "Welcome to the US" words!

Will keep you all updated and will for sure ask questions if we get to the point of needing information.

Best of luck to all of you!

Regards,

Alin B

Happy New Year for all of you!

The day has come and our interview appointment is set: February 22nd 2018 will be a day to remember!

We initially got the interview set on the beginning of February but we rescheduled as we have some traveling exactly in the beginning of that month and well, as the reschedule is available - we took advantage.

I am really excited we got this! And of course I will be over-my-mind excited once the CO will say those "Welcome to the US" words!

Will keep you all updated and will for sure ask questions if we get to the point of needing information.

Best of luck to all of you!

Regards,

Alin B

Congrats @alindragos with everything that is going in term of immigration in the U.S. You got selected in the right time :)

Hi, I just got my diversity visa approved for me and my family, We have six months to travel into the USA. We were planning to go to North Carolina, but after talking whit my wife, we are considering going to Texas instead. So my question is can we enter to USA in a different address from the one I put in the ds 260 form? Do you think there's gonna be any kind of issues with that?

Hi, I just got my diversity visa approved for me and my family, We have six months to travel into the USA. We were planning to go to North Carolina, but after talking whit my wife, we are considering going to Texas instead. So my question is can we enter to USA in a different address from the one I put in the ds 260 form? Do you think there's gonna be any kind of issues with that?

You can enter the US anywhere you want.
Our address was NY, we entered in California, the only comment on that we got was “do you need to change the address for your geeen cards?”

Yes I see your logic regarding the low case number - BUT I have seen reports of CO that issued a denial because the error in country of chargeability meant the selectee was in an unrestricted/unlimited country - and not taking the case number into account.
Dear Britsimon, I have a similar type of issue. Indeed I applied as swiss even if I was born in france (But my parents and I barely lived in france). ( I should have payed more attention when filling in...) So what you are saying is that it should be fine right? Should I bring the proof that my mother was born in switzerland as well at the interview?
Thank you so very much for your help

Dear Britsimon, I have a similar type of issue. Indeed I applied as swiss even if I was born in france (But my parents and I barely lived in france). ( I should have payed more attention when filling in...) So what you are saying is that it should be fine right? Should I bring the proof that my mother was born in switzerland as well at the interview?
Thank you so very much for your help

It should not be a problem. Your mothers place of birth is not helpful.

Hi guys,

I have a quick question regarding the medical examination. We live in the US and will likely fly back to Australia for CP, and I'm wondering whether we can just go to a US Civil Surgeon for the medical exam (we've done this before for a different application), rather than having to do it in Australia. Is that possible?

Thanks!