• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview location and DS-260 questions

MonFD

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding my application. I am EU 15XXX. I have submitted my DS-260
in May 2017 while I was still living in Country A. Since then I moved back home to my home
country B starting July 2017 and now I am working in Country C since January 2018.
My interview was set for Country A.
Questions:
1. Can I have my medical done in a different country than my interview?
I am considering to leave my interview for country A but do my medical in country C.
Is that possible? Or they need to be in the same location? I am trying to avoid changing my
interview location to avoid delays in my interview date. Can you get a medical done in a
country to don't live anymore (A in my case)? If I need to change my interview location what
delays in interview date can I encounter?
2. I applied to the lottery using my country of birth which is B so Foreign State Chargeability is B. However I am citizen of Country D as well and at the time of submitting DS-260 I entered for Personal information 1 Country B as my country/region of birth and for Personal Information 2 section I entered Country D as Country/region of Origin (nationality) because I had to enter a valid passport and only D was valid. When I login DS-260 I see country of Chargeability B at the top of the page however the confirmation of DS-260 has Country/Region of Origin (Nationality) Country D and no mention of country of chargeability B . Will this cause a problem and how should I handle it?
3. I had been rejected USA visa several times in the past (a few times I got denied student visas and one time visitor visa which was the most recent one from 2007- (11 years ago!) ). Since then I been on ESTA and been visiting USA on a regular basis. To the question of have you ever been denied USA visa I answered yes and at the explanations section I just mentioned the 2007 rejection, should I have mentioned the student visa rejections too or its ok I just mentioned the last rejection?
Also I wanna mention my country A address is no longer valid and neither is my country A phone number which I gave in DS-260.. My employment status changed too since then from unemployed to employed.
Should I open DS-260? What are your recommendations? What kind of delays would this cause?
I also wanna add it's been a dream come true to finally win the lottery as I been attempting to win it for 10+ years and I have personal reason to want to live in USA, therefore I wanna make sure I don't mess this up.
Thanks so much for your time in reading this!! Much appreciated !!

Monica

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding my application. I am EU 15XXX. I have submitted my DS-260
in May 2017 while I was still living in Country A. Since then I moved back home to my home
country B starting July 2017 and now I am working in Country C since January 2018.
My interview was set for Country A.
Questions:
1. Can I have my medical done in a different country than my interview?
I am considering to leave my interview for country A but do my medical in country C.
Is that possible? Or they need to be in the same location? I am trying to avoid changing my
interview location to avoid delays in my interview date. Can you get a medical done in a
country to don't live anymore (A in my case)? If I need to change my interview location what
delays in interview date can I encounter?
2. I applied to the lottery using my country of birth which is B so Foreign State Chargeability is B. However I am citizen of Country D as well and at the time of submitting DS-260 I entered for Personal information 1 Country B as my country/region of birth and for Personal Information 2 section I entered Country D as Country/region of Origin (nationality) because I had to enter a valid passport and only D was valid. When I login DS-260 I see country of Chargeability B at the top of the page however the confirmation of DS-260 has Country/Region of Origin (Nationality) Country D and no mention of country of chargeability B . Will this cause a problem and how should I handle it?
3. I had been rejected USA visa several times in the past (a few times I got denied student visas and one time visitor visa which was the most recent one from 2007- (11 years ago!) ). Since then I been on ESTA and been visiting USA on a regular basis. To the question of have you ever been denied USA visa I answered yes and at the explanations section I just mentioned the 2007 rejection, should I have mentioned the student visa rejections too or its ok I just mentioned the last rejection?
Also I wanna mention my country A address is no longer valid and neither is my country A phone number which I gave in DS-260.. My employment status changed too since then from unemployed to employed.
Should I open DS-260? What are your recommendations? What kind of delays would this cause?
I also wanna add it's been a dream come true to finally win the lottery as I been attempting to win it for 10+ years and I have personal reason to want to live in USA, therefore I wanna make sure I don't mess this up.
Thanks so much for your time in reading this!! Much appreciated !!

Monica

Try and keep your questions to the point. I almost didn't answer this at all because it is hard to pick out the points from the rambling and country A/B/C/D spaghetti.

1. No. Medical must be done in country (at a physician approved by the embassy).
2. Citizen/Passports etc doesn't matter. Country of birth was selected correctly - that is all you need to worry about.
3. This isn't a problem.

Yes you should unlock and correct your current address. If you don't do that your interview will be scheduled in country A, and changing the scheduled interview will cause significant delay.

Hi

Case Number - 2020AS11xxx

I have selected My Interview location to country A which I stay now.
After few days later, I asked KCC to changed my interview location to country B which is my born country and unlock DS 260.
They replied me "Your request to unlock the DS-260(s) you indicated is now complete and Your interview location is B and will be used by KCC for scheduling purposes. When we have scheduled your interview, you will be required to log into the Entrant Status Check (ESC) to view your appointment notification."
But after re-submit my DS-260 I finally selected country A for my interview location because its easy for me.

Now I'm confusing about my interview location. How can I check which is my final interview location? @Britsimon

Last edited:
Hi

Case Number - 2020AS11xxx

I have selected My Interview location to country A which I stay now.
After few days later, I asked KCC to changed my interview location to country B which is my born country and unlock DS 260.
They replied me "Your request to unlock the DS-260(s) you indicated is now complete and Your interview location is B and will be used by KCC for scheduling purposes. When we have scheduled your interview, you will be required to log into the Entrant Status Check (ESC) to view your appointment notification."
But after re-submit my DS-260 I finally selected country A for my interview location because its easy for me.

Now I'm confusing about my interview location. How can I check which is my final interview location? @Britsimon

Send a follow up email to KCC indicating you wish to keep country A, your current country of residence, for your interview.

Helloh
My husband submitted our documents two weeks ago so we assume that the interview appointment is very soon.. yet we should change our interview location for work. Will the change delay the interview date? Is it risky to change interview location before it is scheduled?

Helloh
My husband submitted our documents two weeks ago so we assume that the interview appointment is very soon.. yet we should change our interview location for work. Will the change delay the interview date? Is it risky to change interview location before it is scheduled?

It does not necessarily mean your appointment is soon. What is your region /case number?
To clarify, you are currently living in a different country for work than the address on your DS260? How long would you expect to be there?