• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv2019 Issues, Any Help?

Franky5

Hello guys
join this great forum a couple of days ago but i had gone through the trends for than 2 hrs each day. The moderators and avid contributors are doing an amazing work. y'all are awesome.
Having a confusion over my EDV entry i made on Dv2019.
1.My place of birth on my relevant documents is not the same as the birth place i entered On Edv though every important document has the same place of birth,i realize this after i printed out the confirmation page of the Edv form(i entered the lottery myself not with the help of an agent) . Can this affect my chances? in case of further processes.
Thank you all Hope for a respond .

You need to be more specific. What is the place of birth as noted on your birth certificate and what is the place of birth you listed on your eDV registration form? Is it simply a matter of different cities with both in the same country? Or is it a matter of different countries and if yes, are they in th same region or they fall under different regions?

Please, It's a same country.
On all my document is "Accra "
On the EDv registration is "Kumasi " can that be an issue?? thanks
You need to be more specific. What is the place of birth as noted on your birth certificate and what is the place of birth you listed on your eDV registration form? Is it simply a matter of different cities with both in the same country? Or is it a matter of different countries and if yes, are they in th same region or they fall under different regions?

Please, It's a same country.
On all my document is "Accra "
On the EDv registration is "Kumasi " can that be an issue?? thanks

What is written on all your documents doesn’t matter, what matters is what is on your birth certificate. Normally, even if the listed city is different from what is on the birth certificate, it usually doesn’t matter, although we know the US embassy in Ghana is not quite lenient.

Anyway, you need to get selected first since it is a lottery. For now, put the issue and the entire registration out of your mind for the next couple of months.

What is written on all your documents doesn’t matter, what matters is what is on your birth certificate. Normally, even if the listed city is different from what is on the birth certificate, it usually doesn’t matter, although we know the US embassy in Ghana is not quite lenient.

Anyway, you need to get selected first since it is a lottery. For now, put the issue and the entire registration out of your mind for the next couple of months.
Thank you. Will do