• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

You only have to meet one requirement yes, but you still need to answer the questions on the form properly. So answer 1 properly. It was your job, you should know if it was yes or no better than anyone here. For 2, if you got something formal fill it in but I’m assuming you didn’t as you didn’t graduate from there.

Thanks for answering.

So for question 1, it has nothing to do with eligibility requirement (education or experience), isn't it? Since it's an engineering job, i answer yes.

Hello everyone !
I've one more question. As they seem to be slower than the past years, how does it work if they come in september and they only studied and proceded for example 1/3 of the cases ? They stop everything and start to study the cases of 2019 ?

Thank you for your help !
Have a nice day !

Hello everyone !
I've one more question. As they seem to be slower than the past years, how does it work if they come in september and they only studied and proceded for example 1/3 of the cases ? They stop everything and start to study the cases of 2019 ?

Thank you for your help !
Have a nice day !

That is basically the end. Any case not current and approved by Sept 30th dies a natural death.

Hi everyone,

Please, can anyone guide me about the meaning of Foreign State Chargeability???
Actually, I am from Nepal but I received 2nd letter with interview date but the Foreign State Chargeability is United Arab Emirates!!!!
When I fill DV form, at that time I filled (Current Country ) as United Arab Emirates.
Please advise me!!!
I am afraid if it will effect my visa processing and interview!!!

Hi everyone,

Please, can anyone guide me about the meaning of Foreign State Chargeability???
Actually, I am from Nepal but I received 2nd letter with interview date but the Foreign State Chargeability is United Arab Emirates!!!!
When I fill DV form, at that time I filled (Current Country ) as United Arab Emirates.
Please advise me!!!
I am afraid if it will effect my visa processing and interview!!!

You must have entered uae as chargeability too.
Both are Asia so the region is not a problem, but, Nepal is number-limited. Is your CN below the Nepal-specific cutoff?

You must have entered uae as chargeability too.
Both are Asia so the region is not a problem, but, Nepal is number-limited. Is your CN below the Nepal-specific cutoff?

I have received my 2nd letter with conform interview date at Nepal embassy. Actually my concern is about the problem of Foreign state Chargeability which has mentioned as UAE in my 2nd letter but My nationality is Nepal.

Please Advise!!!

I have received my 2nd letter with conform interview date at Nepal embassy. Actually my concern is about the problem of Foreign state Chargeability which has mentioned as UAE in my 2nd letter but My nationality is Nepal.

Please Advise!!!
I did advise, and asked a question which you did not answer. The answer is necessary to determine whether or not you gained an unfair advantage and therefore to properly advise on a suggested course of action.

Last edited:
I did advise, and asked a question which you did not answer.

Yes, my CN is below specific cut off but I am afraid if we both misunderstood each other,
My questions are:
1- I am Nepali
2- I received interview date
3- But, In interview date paper (2 nd letter) it’s mentioned Foreign State Chargeability: UAE
4- My nationality is Nepal
5- I was working in UAE for 3 years

Please, suggest me.

In interview date paper (2 nd letter) it’s mentioned Foreign State Chargeability: UAE. It will effect anything????

Sorry for bothering!!!

Yes, my CN is below specific cut off but I am afraid if we both misunderstood each other,
My questions are:
1- I am Nepali
2- I received interview date
3- But, In interview date paper (2 nd letter) it’s mentioned Foreign State Chargeability: UAE
4- My nationality is Nepal
5- I was working in UAE for 3 years

Please, suggest me.

In interview date paper (2 nd letter) it’s mentioned Foreign State Chargeability: UAE. It will effect anything????

Sorry for bothering!!!

I did not misunderstand you at all, you misunderstood why I answered the way I did.
The most important thing is the region, as that is how selection takes place. As I already said, both are Asia, so that is not a problem.
The next thing is, did the wrong country give you an unfair advantage? That would be the case if you were called for interview before any other Nepali with your case number happened. But you state you are below the Nepali cut off, so that too is fine.
You should be ok, despite the mistake. It may be good to take a copy of the official manual page on this, I don’t have time to look for the link now but britsimon may have a page on wrong chargeability somewhere on his site with a link.

I did not misunderstand you at all, you misunderstood why I answered the way I did.
The most important thing is the region, as that is how selection takes place. As I already said, both are Asia, so that is not a problem.
The next thing is, did the wrong country give you an unfair advantage? That would be the case if you were called for interview before any other Nepali with your case number happened. But you state you are below the Nepali cut off, so that too is fine.
You should be ok, despite the mistake. It may be good to take a copy of the official manual page on this, I don’t have time to look for the link now but britsimon may have a page on wrong chargeability somewhere on his site with a link.

Actually, a CO that understands the rules should disqualify this case. There *is* significant advantage gained by not being limited during the draw, so denial is possible. However, not all COs would apply that aspect of the rule, so @Manusha might want to take the chance and attend the interview.

Hi Brit,

Actually, I am worried about the meaning of Foreign State Chargeability.

I have received my interview date. My nationality is Nepali but the paper of interview date shows “Foreign State Chargeability “ is United Arab Emirates.

I was in UAE for last 3 years.

Please advise and suggest me!!!!

Thank you!!!

Hi Brit,

Actually, I am worried about the meaning of Foreign State Chargeability.

I have received my interview date. My nationality is Nepali but the paper of interview date shows “Foreign State Chargeability “ is United Arab Emirates.

I was in UAE for last 3 years.

Please advise and suggest me!!!!

Thank you!!!

Which of the two countries where you born in? UAE or Nepal? Chargeability has nothing to do with your nationality.

Actually I born in Nepal but foreign state Chargeability shows as UAE.

That means you must have selected UAE as your chargeability country when you submitted your eDV registration back in 2016. You did gain an unfair advantage with that chargeability selection like Simon noted above. A highly knowledgeable CO will most likely issue a denial.

Actually, a CO that understands the rules should disqualify this case. There *is* significant advantage gained by not being limited during the draw, so denial is possible. However, not all COs would apply that aspect of the rule, so @Manusha might want to take the chance and attend the interview.

Ok - I’d assumed the low case number meant that there was no advantage. I defer to you!

Ok - I’d assumed the low case number meant that there was no advantage. I defer to you!

Yes I see your logic regarding the low case number - BUT I have seen reports of CO that issued a denial because the error in country of chargeability meant the selectee was in an unrestricted/unlimited country - and not taking the case number into account.

Yes I see your logic regarding the low case number - BUT I have seen reports of CO that issued a denial because the error in country of chargeability meant the selectee was in an unrestricted/unlimited country - and not taking the case number into account.

So it’s better to forget about the coming interview because facing the interview means medical visa fees ( it will cost so high) please advice me shall I take this chance or forget because of this silly mistake and misunderstanding the meaning of foreign state Chargeability

So it’s better to forget about the coming interview because facing the interview means medical visa fees ( it will cost so high) please advice me shall I take this chance or forget because of this silly mistake and misunderstanding the meaning of foreign state Chargeability

We cannot decide for you. In this case we cannot predict the chances of denial with certainty. You made a mistake, and because of that mistake denial is possible. So - it is up to you to decide whether you want to take the risk or not - and part of that decision depends on whether you can afford to risk the fees or not.