• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Hi Everyone !
I was selected for 2018 diversity, I have a pretty good case number (22***) and I sent my datas just after the bug the KCC had after the opening.
However, I have one question: I'll need to reopen my case to change my adress, the place I work, the country, and the ambassy I would like to have the meeting too. What happens to my case ? It will be back down the stack or it basically changes not a thing?

Thank you very much for your precious help !
Maxime

It changes nothing.

Hello !
One quick question, as it's the final days to participate to the new lottery. I was selected for the 2018 fiscal year. Of course, I'm not 100% sure to get the Green Card, even if I think I have good chances. Can I already try for the 2019 (we can do the registration until tomorrow, I think), or it's better to let it go and cross the fingers for 2018 ?

Thank you very much for your help !

Hello !
One quick question, as it's the final days to participate to the new lottery. I was selected for the 2018 fiscal year. Of course, I'm not 100% sure to get the Green Card, even if I think I have good chances. Can I already try for the 2019 (we can do the registration until tomorrow, I think), or it's better to let it go and cross the fingers for 2018 ?

Thank you very much for your help !

Yes you are still eligible to register for DV2019 and it is indeed a good idea to do so.

Stupid question but I need an answer please. Being a DV2018 winner, can I participate in DV2019? I haven't sent DS260 yet.
Thanks in advance.

Isn’t the answer to this question directly above your post?
Sorry, didn't read. Thanks. Don't get mad if I make another stupid question. :D Doesn't make a difference if I still haven't sent ds260 (planning to do it next week when I sign my new jobs contract)? The same answer, isn't it?

Hi, we are DV2018 winners from Egypt and we are finally here in LA :)
Do we need to apply for the SSN? or that process has already started automatically?
Thanks

Hi, we are DV2018 winners from Egypt and we are finally here in LA :)
Do we need to apply for the SSN? or that process has already started automatically?
Thanks
Welcome to the US!

As long as you ticked the box on your DS260, the process should have started automatically. If you don't get your SSN cards within 2 weeks of entry, then something has probably gone wrong and you should visit a SSA office (with your passport with stamped immigrant visa).

Hi there. Having been selected for a 2018 diversity visa, I'm filling in my DS-260, and wonder if anyone is able to answer a question about the vaccination requirements. In the section 'Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?' - I received my vaccinations in New Zealand in the 1970's, but the New Zealand department of health and my past GP's have informed me records are not kept for longer than 10 years. Is there a way around this? If I tick the 'no' box and explain the above, will this affect getting a visa? Many thanks for any advice!

Hi there. Having been selected for a 2018 diversity visa, I'm filling in my DS-260, and wonder if anyone is able to answer a question about the vaccination requirements. In the section 'Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?' - I received my vaccinations in New Zealand in the 1970's, but the New Zealand department of health and my past GP's have informed me records are not kept for longer than 10 years. Is there a way around this? If I tick the 'no' box and explain the above, will this affect getting a visa? Many thanks for any advice!

You don't have documentation that meets US law. That is normal. Answer no - and in the explanation say something like "will have necessary vaccinations at the medical".

Hi all, I'm about to send DS260. I have 2 questions. Sorry if this has already been answered, I searched google but didn't find anything.

1-CURRENT JOB: "does this job require 2 years of training or experience?", do I have to choose YES or NO. I'm applying with the education requirement (at least a high school degree). My current job does require a degree, but from what I read on britsimon's blog, I only have to meet one requirement (and I prefer the Education requirement, easier and more straightforward).

2-Present work/education/training information. I studied 2 years in a university before trasnferring to another, where I finished my studies (started in the first university) and received my degree. For the first university, under "Degree, Diploma or Certificate", what should I write? Transfer certificate or something of the sort (obviously, I only received a document with courses, credits and grades)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm about to send DS260. I have 2 questions. Sorry if this has already been answered, I searched google but didn't find anything.

1-CURRENT JOB: "does this job require 2 years of training or experience?", do I have to choose YES or NO. I'm applying with the education requirement (at least a high school degree). My current job does require a degree, but from what I read on britsimon's blog, I only have to meet one requirement (and I prefer the Education requirement, easier and more straightforward).

2-Present work/education/training information. I studied 2 years in a university before trasnferring to another, where I finished my studies (started in the first university) and received my degree. For the first university, under "Degree, Diploma or Certificate", what should I write? Transfer certificate or something of the sort (obviously, I only received a document with courses, credits and grades)?

Thanks in advance.

1. Don't overthink it - just answer the question.

2. Use your own judgement - again, don't overthink it.

1-CURRENT JOB: "does this job require 2 years of training or experience?", do I have to choose YES or NO. I'm applying with the education requirement (at least a high school degree). My current does require a degree, but from what I read on britsimon's blog, I only have to meet one requirement.

2-Present work/education/training information. I studied 2 years in a university before trasnferring to another, where I finished my studies (started in the first university) and received my degree. For the first university, under "Degree, Diploma or Certificate", what should I write? Transfer certificate or something of the sort?

Thanks in advance.

You only have to meet one requirement yes, but you still need to answer the questions on the form properly. So answer 1 properly. It was your job, you should know if it was yes or no better than anyone here. For 2, if you got something formal fill it in but I’m assuming you didn’t as you didn’t graduate from there.