• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

But there is one th
An agent contacted me that I've won the dv lottery but only promised to give me the confirmation number only if I either agree to a sham marriage or pay a huge sum of money to him

Fortunately my browser recalls data so I was able to get access to the confirmation number and filled my ds260 forms behind his back.

I've been scheduled for an interview late December. My agent found out 2 days ago and have threatened to destroy the whole process by going to the embassy to contest my win if I don't pay the money by a set period.

I want to know if really he can do something to affect my case or its just an empty threat?[/QUO
But there is one thing u should know.
Are u sure the agent has entered your place of birth,date of birth etc correctly??

Is it in ghana here or where??
But have u found out about your date of birth,place of birth etc??
Because these agents mostly make mistakes and that can cause denial

An agent contacted me that I've won the dv lottery but only promised to give me the confirmation number only if I either agree to a sham marriage or pay a huge sum of money to him

Fortunately my browser recalls data so I was able to get access to the confirmation number and filled my ds260 forms behind his back.

I've been scheduled for an interview late December. My agent found out 2 days ago and have threatened to destroy the whole process by going to the embassy to contest my win if I don't pay the money by a set period.

I want to know if really he can do something to affect my case or its just an empty threat?

No, he can’t “contest your win”. And you should report to the embassy that he is trying to blackmail you into doing something illegal.

No, he can’t “contest your win”. And you should report to the embassy that he is trying to blackmail you into doing something illegal.
So if I get you correctly, there is nothing he can do that will affect my case. And although he threatened to go to embassy to "spoil" my case, there's actually nothing he can do

So if I get you correctly, there is nothing he can do that will affect my case. And although he threatened to go to embassy to "spoil" my case, there's actually nothing he can do

If he goes to the embassy, firstly they won’t let him in without a visa appointment so he can’t see anyone, and anyway they will probably call the police to have him arrested!! And in any case if all the info is valid as you say it is, there is no way to “spoil” the case. It’s a total bluff. The embassy HATES these guys.

(Honestly if you have any proof of what he’s said (like text) the embassy will probably be grateful if you share it. They do work in conjunction with the police to prosecute fraud when they can, and a green card marriage is fraud.)

Your case will be delayed until you provide the photo. So - have the camera and a white sheet ready. When the baby is awake, stand above the baby on the white sheet and either wait for his eyes to open or attract his attention. Then take the photo. It can be done. They won't be too picky about the photo.
Managed to get him photographed at the Passport office and passport will be issued before interview date. Since the hospital requested for the passport of my child before they could proceed to prepare a medical report for him, I doubt that his report will be ready before the interview date.

Managed to get him photographed at the Passport office and passport will be issued before interview date. Since the hospital requested for the passport of my child before they could proceed to prepare a medical report for him, I doubt that his report will be ready before the interview date.
Once the passport forms are processed, before the booklet is printed out, it's possible to get the passport number.
You could see if the hospital will accept such a note from the passport office.

Once the passport forms are processed, before the booklet is printed out, it's possible to get the passport number.
You could see if the hospital will accept such a note from the passport office.
Ok. Will see how that one pans out