• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How About DV 2019?

Glad I got mine in early, wonder how many million fewer applications they will receive due to the downtime.

I'm actually worried that they might have lost all the submission before the downtime. They're known for messing things up.

I'm actually worried that they might have lost all the submission before the downtime. They're known for messing things up.

In the highly unlikely event that this happened they would make an announcement to that effect. When they do mess up, they ‘fess up too.

Hi guys,

Haven’t been able to complete my entry this year yet (7th!) but I mean at that point I absolutely have no confidence in winning lol! Since I am working for a US company, I might be able to get a sponsorship next year. Will see.

It's either big time negligence, or there is a deeper issue. Very weird to have "no updates" or info after being down for several days.

I don't think its negligence and keep in mind that this IT group probably works with a very limited budget. Lets hope that for next week this issue gets resolved :)

It's either big time negligence, or there is a deeper issue. Very weird to have "no updates" or info after being down for several days.
It certainly is getting to the point where you wonder what exactly could be wrong, but where exactly do you expect updates/infos to be published...on the site itself? That 'Down for maintenance' message is nothing but a default message when they do in fact take the AES system offline - no way to add any update info there I suppose.

I have read a lot of complaints from people on their Facebook page which mostly get ignored. However, they also run a Twitter account, as I posted already. They reply to pretty much every comment there...even if the question gets repeated over and over. They don't have an update or further info but expect the site to be back online again - and that's pretty much what they have been saying for the past few days. o_O

We have just taken our photos, chosen one each and run them through the photo tool - so we are ready to go. ;)

What im curious about is what is the breakdown of allotments per region?

I can find info about how many people have been selected from what country, and i have gathered that some countries (like new zealand) have a far better chance than other 3rd world nations, which indicates an allotment of places.

Any info here?

Im in Australia and im genuinely curious how this year will go.
With Trump and all, I get a genuine sense that USA isnt as desirable a destination to alot of people as it once was. The timing of the Vegas shooting i think will also turn some aussies off due to violence in respect to raising kids. None of which change my resolve to win, and i doubt Africa will drop numbers no matter what the situation is in the usa, im wondering if OCEANIA applications will drop and help my chances to around 10% from the usual 6%

**** NEWS *****

Not sure why this has not been communicated more wildly yet, but I have just found some BREAKING NEWS via the US Embassy in Ecuador!

"The new enrollment period for the DV-2019 program is noon on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 and ends at noon on Wednesday, November 22, 2017."
(translated from Spanish)

"If you registered before Wednesday, October 18, 2017 your registration will not be considered and you need to submit another one during the new registration period. You can submit a new record without being disqualified. Persons who submit more than one registration during this new term will be disqualified." (translated from Spanish)

Original source of info, INCLUDING DETAILS OF THE TECHNICAL FAULT, can be found here:
https://ec.usembassy.gov/es/nuevo-p...para-el-programa-de-visas-de-diversidad-2019/

Google translation into English (rough translation):
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https://ec.usembassy.gov/es/nuevo-periodo-de-inscripcion-para-el-programa-de-visas-de-diversidad-2019/&edit-text=

Thanks for this. Two more things to highlight are that they will be emailing everyone who entered already, and that the notification date is now also pushed back 2 weeks to 15 May.

Thanks for this. Two more things to highlight are that they will be emailing everyone who entered already, and that the notification date is now also pushed back 2 weeks to 15 May.
Sorry, Susie - you were quicker than me moving my post to its own separate thread. Feel free to add your comment there as you are correct with these extra pieces of info which are contained on their website (see link). Worthwhile pointing out, though so it becomes extra clear to everyone. I don't mind if you delete this and your previous reply here, too...since we've now got the separate thread. ;)

Sorry, Susie - you were quicker than me moving my post to its own separate thread. Feel free to add your comment there as you are correct with these extra pieces of info which are contained on their website (see link). Worthwhile pointing out, though so it becomes extra clear to everyone. I don't mind if you delete this and your previous reply here, too...since we've now got the separate thread. ;)

A huge thank you for this update @OnTheGo :)

Q

Wasn’t me! I’m not a mod ;) someone else is super efficient!!

Wasn’t me! I’m not a mod ;) someone else is super efficient!!
I meant you were quicker in responding to my post than I was able to delete it and instead create that separate thread. I just thought it may be better to delete our comments above, given my separate thread. Doesn't matter really. Haha.

A new entry, a new year, same people..good luck to you all!
Hopefully some of us will win this year.
I didn't have the time o submit my entry and found out that the system went down.
How many people will find out in May that they needed to re-apply?
Have a great day and wish you guys all the best.