• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How About DV 2019?

I think the majority that post are the ones that get selected. The interviews for DV2018 started for this FY and there might be new people jumping into the forums soon.

I actually think the people who posted more were not selected. I think we now realise that this is a lottery and the actual excitement should come with selection not just entering the lottery.

I actually think the people who posted more were not selected. I think we now realise that this is a lottery and the actual excitement should come with selection not just entering the lottery.
Actually there are also people like me, who follow the forum but don't post too much, i'd gladly help but I am not informed as much as Britsimon, Sussie and Mom so I just like reading :)

Are they using that format? When I did DV I seem to recall the month was spelled out so there could not be confusion.
Also this is old but it's the latest I could find in PDF, the order is the same day-month-year that the rest of the world uses.https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Sample E-DV 2017 Lottery.pdf

Good luck to you and everyone else here! After all...someone has to win!

Yep, you can check the form out yourself on the dvlottery page, it's mm-dd-yyyy when you add the data. On the final page when you confirm the data the month is spelled out.

Actually there are also people like me, who follow the forum but don't post too much, i'd gladly help but I am not informed as much as Britsimon, Sussie and Mom so I just like reading :)
There's not much to post, except now in October when dvlottery opens and then in May next year when the results come out, obviously if we get accepted then there's a lot more to discuss.

any links of blogs/vlogs for some of the guys that have won and currently leaving in the states !!?

Quick question. I noticed about two hours ago that the main dvlottery site is down for maintenance and it still is. I have not seen this in any of the previous years. You can still check your status from previous entries, but you cannot enter your details for 2019. Does anyone know if the site is down for maintenance on a regular basis?

Quick question. I noticed about two hours ago that the main dvlottery site is down for maintenance and it still is. I have not seen this in any of the previous years. You can still check your status from previous entries, but you cannot enter your details for 2019. Does anyone know if the site is down for maintenance on a regular basis?

yep its down upload_2017-10-10_14-22-8.png

It broke yesterday. The IT folk working on the systems for the government were hand picked by Trump.

It broke yesterday. The IT folk working on the systems for the government were hand picked by Trump.
I'm surprised there may be problems, I thought they bullet proofed the system in the meantime. I hope 'broken' doesn't mean they are going to stuff it up. We haven't entered our details yet.