• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How About DV 2019?

People should expect the entry system to be slow to start with - and perhaps even crash. Best idea - wait a few days.

People should expect the entry system to be slow to start with - and perhaps even crash. Best idea - wait a few days.
I was thinkin to wait for the last 10 days this time, last year I was refreshing the page and I probably was one of the first to apply for me and my wife, I will wait for last few days this time, not that it may have any impact but I just want to try it differently every year (since I will probably be applying next year too :D )

PS. Thanks for the fast reply on your site Sir.

I was thinkin to wait for the last 10 days this time, last year I was refreshing the page and I probably was one of the first to apply for me and my wife, I will wait for last few days this time, not that it may have any impact but I just want to try it differently every year (since I will probably be applying next year too :D )

PS. Thanks for the fast reply on your site Sir.

Don't wait till the very last day, whatever you do. I tried that once, and the system kept crashing/freezing the entire day and we never managed to get an entry in that year.

I completed my entry 5 minutes after the portal was opened. Traffic was all smooth, and connection was all good. Completed both principal entries for myself and my wife, with each other as derivatives, got confirmation numbers immediately. All's well. Hope the same for all others. Cheers.

Don't wait till the very last day, whatever you do. I tried that once, and the system kept crashing/freezing the entire day and we never managed to get an entry in that year.
Nah, I was thinking to try around 25-30 October, thanks for the heads up Susie.

Good luck everyone! I have been a lurker for the longest time here these past few months. Looking at all comments and help from the long-time experts makes me feel that this community is indeed warm. Thanks again to all the volunteering moderators! Entering for my first time into DV2019 now. 2.5 hours to the opening of the dvlottery web portal. Best of luck to all people! Cheers!

Good Luck on your first entry @drkmatter Hope all is well over in Singapore.

There are not too many people posting in the forums this year, last year there were a lot of posts when the lottery was opened on the first day...

There are not too many people posting in the forums this year, last year there were a lot of posts when the lottery was opened on the first day...

PS. Thanks for the fast reply on your site Sir.[/QU

Same here am not in a hurry. Last year was 1 of the first people to apply, this year am laid back. Will try it differently every year. Since there is a high chance am applying next year too;):p

I think the majority that post are the ones that get selected. The interviews for DV2018 started for this FY and there might be new people jumping into the forums soon.

I think the majority that post are the ones that get selected. The interviews for DV2018 started for this FY and there might be new people jumping into the forums soon.
There seems usually to be a surge in posts just before the results are announced, when everyone gets excited about the draw.

Trying my luck again this year, last year was my first time (not selected). The website seems smooth at least for now, took the pictures with the help of an ID Passport photo-app and added my entry to the dvlottery website for my whole family. Almost mistyped one birthday (not used to the mm-dd-yyyy format).