• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

As the new law effective september, no dv for iran or yemen or syria

3amakmahmoud

is that true. No dv for iran or yemen or syria? Does that mean that extra visas will be available for other asia countries?

is that true. No dv for iran or yemen or syria? Does that mean that extra visas will be available for other asia countries?

I'm not sure about distribution of visa for other countries but there will be no DV approvals for those countries under the current travel ban, with some exceptions for Venezuela.

I'm not sure about distribution of visa for other countries but there will be no DV approvals for those countries under the current travel ban, with some exceptions for Venezuela.

That is not really accurate. All of the selectees from each countries are eligible if they are dual citizens. So there will be some approvals.

Venezuela is almost "not" banned. The only ban is on certain government officials.

That is not really accurate. All of the selectees from each countries are eligible if they are dual citizens. So there will be some approvals.

Venezuela is almost "not" banned. The only ban is on certain government officials.

You are totally correct @Britsimon and I totally forgot about the exception of dual citizens. The ban for Venezuela also cover family members of these officials.

The travel ban is limited, right? I mean, it is not indefinite, is it? So, applying means that eligibility could be different when the names are chosen, or am I wrong?

The travel ban is limited, right? I mean, it is not indefinite, is it? So, applying means that eligibility could be different when the names are chosen, or am I wrong?

The latest version is not limited. But who knows what the future will bring.