• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Thank you everyone for support. I just imagined if I did not know any ongoing issues on DV 2017 and received notice of denial... that would be much harder.. So this path turned the only source about the DV 2017 issue. Have a good luck!

What?

You're lucky, you have another path to a green card. Why don't you focus on that rather than all this negative energy?
Are you serious???? That`s enough!!!! What are you talking about? NEGATIVE EBERGY? Are you teasing me? Do you want me be happy after all these? You look like vouching for USCIS here... organization screwed up all our plans..

What?

You're lucky, you have another path to a green card. Why don't you focus on that rather than all this negative energy?
Yes I have L1 and there is no place discussing that!!!!!! we are talking about how ruthless, unfair and unjust USCIS was with all of us!!!

ruthless, unfair and unjust

Yes, I know you're unhappy but that statement is objectively false. They made mistakes, sure. But you're acting like someone took a personal dislike to you and denied your case for spurious reasons.

And yes I do have more sympathy for those people who are truly screwed because they don't have a plan B, some of whom stay here with an uncertain future and others who have now lost status and have to leave, so I don't think your L1 is irrelevant. After all you yourself said at some point it wasn't a big issue if you didn't get a DV because you had another mean. It's relevant because you made it so.

Having sympathy for people is one thing. Constantly being subjected to your tantrums is another. Yes sir, plenty of negative energy coming from you. They made MISTAKES- they did not set out to deliberately screw you around. Can you stop acting as though it's something personal that you seek retribution for?! Even when other AoSers have expressed sadness and anger over this they don't go the way you go. It's tiring to watch.

Yes, I know you're unhappy but that statement is objectively false. They made mistakes, sure. But you're acting like someone took a personal dislike to you and denied your case for spurious reasons.

And yes I do have more sympathy for those people who are truly screwed because they don't have a plan B, some of whom stay here with an uncertain future and others who have now lost status and have to leave, so I don't think your L1 is irrelevant. After all you yourself said at some point it wasn't a big issue if you didn't get a DV because you had another mean. It's relevant because you made it so.

Having sympathy for people is one thing. Constantly being subjected to your tantrums is another. Yes sir, plenty of negative energy coming from you. They made MISTAKES- they did not set out to deliberately screw you around. Can you stop acting as though it's something personal that you seek retribution for?! Even when other AoSers have expressed sadness and anger over this they don't go the way you go. It's tiring to watch.
Susie, your statements are absolutely pointless. Unfortunately I do not get any sense at all. You behave like you are USCIS ombudsman. I do not understand the point you assaulting me like I`m a person standing aside. I`d wish you to express all the fillings me and all the AoSers are expressing for now. You rather realize what is the point of such an annoying and horrible attitude on me. STOP doing all these, you`re the negative person!

OMG!
giphy.gif

This is like talking to someone with blinders on who removes them to see only what he wants to see.

There are no cancelled visas from CP because those visas were already preallocated and accounted for when those interviews were scheduled back in July!!! Do you have any clue as to how KCC operates with regards to those processing CP??? DOS already took the number of those visas into consideration before sending out the memo to USCIS for AOS cases.
I suppose maybe I've been unwittingly contributing to what I consider to be "the madness" (for lack of a better word to use) that is going on right now. So:

tumblr_lom5s5KHiq1qarprc.gif

And will no longer contribute to it. For my own sanity. Period!!

I should be following mom's examples with this same person....

Hi everyone,
I would first like to thank the moderators for all the information they are providing on this forum to help people going through the DV AOS process. It’s very unfortunate that visas got exhausted prior to Sept. 30 this year, and I completely understand the frustration and disappointment of those affected. My husband and I had a similar experience from DV2014 when our number was higher than 44000, and it never became current. We made all the effort to gather the AOS package and never got the chance to send it in.
We never expected it to happen, but my entry was selected again for DV2017, and this time around we were fortunate to go through and complete the process. The region was EU, I was the primary applicant, our FO was Jacksonville, FL, and our timeline was as follows:

- Sept., 2016: Found out about selection. (My status in May was Not selected. In Sept. I was notified through email that additional selections had been made for DV2017, and when I logged in the Entrant Status Check, I had the selection letter.)
- Beginning of March, 2017: Got the info that CN will be current in May from the April Visa Bulletin
- March 14: Sent to DOS the Adjustment of status fee, also known as diversity visa lottery processing fee. (Paid the fee for 2 people since both me and my husband were going to do AOS.)
- March 20: USCIS Medical forms (Form I-693) for me and my husband completed by civil surgeon
- March 28: Received receipt from DOS for the diversity visa lottery processing fee
- March 31: Received email from KCC with Adjustment letter confirming that they are aware of our intention to do AOS
- April 14: Mailed (with USPS) AOS package to the to the Chicago Lockbox. (We included all the documents listed in the instructions on the USCIS website for Green Card Through the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program. Also, we included a copy of our marriage certificate, copies of my diplomas from high school through master’s degree, a copy of my husband’s diploma, and a certificate of enrollment from the school where I am a PhD student. We did not include financial documents in the package.)
- May 3: Got an email notification that the package was received
- May 8: NOA letters received in the mail
- May 18: Biometrics letters received with appointments set for June 1
- June 1: Biometrics completed
- July 12: Interview letters received with appointments set for July 26
- July 26: Interview completed. (My husband and I were scheduled for the same day but at different times. We explained to the person checking us in that we are a DV case, and we were called to go in for the interview together. We had with us originals of all the documents that we had sent with the AOS package. Also, if asked, we were prepared to show financial documents (tax returns, a bank letter, etc.). The officer who interviewed us was very nice, and our interview did not last more than 15 min. For both me and my husband, he went over the questions from Form I-485. He did not ask us to show any documents. He told us that our security checks had cleared and confirmed that the diversity visa lottery processing fee was paid for both of us. At the end, he tried going in the DOS system to request our visas. The system was down at that moment, so he was not able to approve us on the spot, but later the same day the status online for both me and my husband was changed to Approved.)
- July 31: Approval notices for me and my husband received in the mail
- August 1: Green cards for me and my husband received in the mail

One last note that I would like to make is that we never did the DS-260 form. During the interview, we asked the USCIS officer if we need to complete that form in order for the DV visas to be made available to us, and he said that it is not necessary. So, from our experience, it seems that paying the Adjustment of status fee is what lets KCC know that a DV selectee is planning to go with Adjustment of Status.

Sorry that the post turned out long, and I hope that the information will be helpful to future DV AOS applicants. Best wishes!

Hi everyone,
I would first like to thank the moderators for all the information they are providing on this forum to help people going through the DV AOS process. It’s very unfortunate that visas got exhausted prior to Sept. 30 this year, and I completely understand the frustration and disappointment of those affected. My husband and I had a similar experience from DV2014 when our number was higher than 44000, and it never became current. We made all the effort to gather the AOS package and never got the chance to send it in.
We never expected it to happen, but my entry was selected again for DV2017, and this time around we were fortunate to go through and complete the process. The region was EU, I was the primary applicant, our FO was Jacksonville, FL, and our timeline was as follows:

- Sept., 2016: Found out about selection. (My status in May was Not selected. In Sept. I was notified through email that additional selections had been made for DV2017, and when I logged in the Entrant Status Check, I had the selection letter.)
- Beginning of March, 2017: Got the info that CN will be current in May from the April Visa Bulletin
- March 14: Sent to DOS the Adjustment of status fee, also known as diversity visa lottery processing fee. (Paid the fee for 2 people since both me and my husband were going to do AOS.)
- March 20: USCIS Medical forms (Form I-693) for me and my husband completed by civil surgeon
- March 28: Received receipt from DOS for the diversity visa lottery processing fee
- March 31: Received email from KCC with Adjustment letter confirming that they are aware of our intention to do AOS
- April 14: Mailed (with USPS) AOS package to the to the Chicago Lockbox. (We included all the documents listed in the instructions on the USCIS website for Green Card Through the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program. Also, we included a copy of our marriage certificate, copies of my diplomas from high school through master’s degree, a copy of my husband’s diploma, and a certificate of enrollment from the school where I am a PhD student. We did not include financial documents in the package.)
- May 3: Got an email notification that the package was received
- May 8: NOA letters received in the mail
- May 18: Biometrics letters received with appointments set for June 1
- June 1: Biometrics completed
- July 12: Interview letters received with appointments set for July 26
- July 26: Interview completed. (My husband and I were scheduled for the same day but at different times. We explained to the person checking us in that we are a DV case, and we were called to go in for the interview together. We had with us originals of all the documents that we had sent with the AOS package. Also, if asked, we were prepared to show financial documents (tax returns, a bank letter, etc.). The officer who interviewed us was very nice, and our interview did not last more than 15 min. For both me and my husband, he went over the questions from Form I-485. He did not ask us to show any documents. He told us that our security checks had cleared and confirmed that the diversity visa lottery processing fee was paid for both of us. At the end, he tried going in the DOS system to request our visas. The system was down at that moment, so he was not able to approve us on the spot, but later the same day the status online for both me and my husband was changed to Approved.)
- July 31: Approval notices for me and my husband received in the mail
- August 1: Green cards for me and my husband received in the mail

One last note that I would like to make is that we never did the DS-260 form. During the interview, we asked the USCIS officer if we need to complete that form in order for the DV visas to be made available to us, and he said that it is not necessary. So, from our experience, it seems that paying the Adjustment of status fee is what lets KCC know that a DV selectee is planning to go with Adjustment of Status.

Sorry that the post turned out long, and I hope that the information will be helpful to future DV AOS applicants. Best wishes!

Wow - after the 2014 disappointment I am glad you got a second chance - and interesting that you were in the 2nd draw the second time. That means you were drawn 44000 out of millions in 2014 and still quite high in 2017.

Great timeline - that is how it should go.

Had our last Infopass this morning. We were told that they did not receive any notice of USCIS having any spare visas. So, it is over for us as well. =(
I want to thank mom and Simon for always having an answer to our questions. Also many thanks for everyone else that participated in this forum. It is really sad to leave this long journey, I learned a lot here and enjoyed reading the experiences and advice of so many other people around the country.
Good luck to everyone in DV-2018!

Had our last Infopass this morning. We were told that they did not receive any notice of USCIS having any spare visas. So, it is over for us as well. =(
I want to thank mom and Simon for always having an answer to our questions. Also many thanks for everyone else that participated in this forum. It is really sad to leave this long journey, I learned a lot here and enjoyed reading the experiences and advice of so many other people around the country.

Again,so sad to hear. Good luck with your next steps.

Truly sorry for the disappointing end of this journey. All the best as you move on. Be sure to put in for DV2019 which opens up in a couple of days, Oct 3rd to be precise.

Hey Mom,

Do you know any thread concerning AoS through L1-C?

No I don't know of a specific Thread. However there are series of Threads dealing dealing with employment based AOS in one of the sub forums here in Immigration.com. Click on the "Forum" tab at the top of your page to see the different forums.

Truly sorry for the disappointing end of this journey. All the best as you move on. Be sure to put in for DV2019 which opens up in a couple of days, Oct 3rd to be precise.

Thank you mom! Going through this with the help from this forum made everything much easier, even getting a denial. Sure, thanks for reminding, I will try for the DV-2019.

Hey Mom,

Do you know any thread concerning AoS through L1-C?
What is L1-C?
As far as I know, the L-1 visa has two subcategories:
L-1A for executives and managers, valid up to 7 years.
L-1B for workers with specialized knowledge, valid up to 5 years

What is L1-C?
As far as I know, the L-1 visa has two subcategories:
L-1A for executives and managers, valid up to 7 years.
L-1B for workers with specialized knowledge, valid up to 5 years
You are absolutely right. It is L1A which should/may be adjusted through EB1C.