• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

The CP process looked much easier and processing time is faster. With CP, you just have to do the medical exam a day or two prior to the interview, go to the US consulate and that’s it. Moreover, I am not from Paris so I thought a little vacation time there would be nice too.

the visa Bulletin for DV Visa for the month of Nov opens only for 100 more visas from AF so 8500 for oct 2017 and 8600 for Nov 2017, looking at previous years they release a lot more than that in the first few months, any indications what that could be?

Thanks for the reply
my second question would be if my number is up in the AF number and I will be doing AOS do I still have to wait for the number to be valid for Egypt since this my place of birth/they usually have except certain numbers for Egypt and Ethiopia on the bulletin

Thanks for the reply
my second question would be if my number is up in the AF number and I will be doing AOS do I still have to wait for the number to be valid for Egypt since this my place of birth/they usually have except certain numbers for Egypt and Ethiopia on the bulletin
Yes.

Even though I am applying from inside the US not in a consulate in Egypt?

Yes. The same applies to Egyptians doing consular processing at consulates outside Egypt too. Conversely other AF applicants currently residing in Egypt can interview as soon as general AF numbers are current.

Yes, if you're chargeable a to Egypt, you have to follow VB cutoff number for Egypt regardless of if processing AOS or CP, or which embassy the interview will be taking place.

Has anyone ever needed to get a police certificate from Canada for their interview, whilst not being in the country? According to the reciprocity info, it seems as though I need to get a Certified Criminal Record check by going through one of a number of certain companies, but it seems to be costly and, according to some people, can take up to 6 months. Does anyone have experience with the process and can confirm if going through one of these companies is the right way to go, and what time frame to expect?

I'm looking at an interview towards the end of the DV2018 window, but I don't want to leave this too late.

How many times can KCC re-open my DS 260 form? I made corrections after re-opening but one item never picked as my internet was weak and I noticed after submission. Can they open for a second time or I will be risking a delay though my case number could be ready for schedule in summer 2018.

How many times can KCC re-open my DS 260 form? I made corrections after re-opening but one item never picked as my internet was weak and I noticed after submission. Can they open for a second time or I will be risking a delay though my case number could be ready for schedule in summer 2018.

You can re-open as many times as you need to for as long as you're yet to be scheduled for an interview.

Has anyone ever needed to get a police certificate from Canada for their interview, whilst not being in the country? According to the reciprocity info, it seems as though I need to get a Certified Criminal Record check by going through one of a number of certain companies, but it seems to be costly and, according to some people, can take up to 6 months. Does anyone have experience with the process and can confirm if going through one of these companies is the right way to go, and what time frame to expect?

I'm looking at an interview towards the end of the DV2018 window, but I don't want to leave this too late.

All you need is to go to the main police station in that city, with 2 pieces of ID fill up the form with all you current and previous addresses, they can do the database search and get you your police report in 30 minutes while you wait. It cost 69$ it might have gone a bit up, buts it's not too expensive.
By the way are you going for your visa interview in canada ( Montreal )

All you need is to go to the main police station in that city, with 2 pieces of ID fill up the form with all you current and previous addresses, they can do the database search and get you your police report in 30 minutes while you wait. It cost 69$ it might have gone a bit up, buts it's not too expensive.
By the way are you going for your visa interview in canada ( Montreal )
The question was how to do it from outside Canada.

My wife received her 2NL today, but something totally unexpected happened.

I live with my wife in the US. My wife is the DV winner. My wife and I are French citizens, but she was born in Morocco.

Using cross-chargeability, my wife entered the lottery with France as foreign state chargeability and she was selected with a EU case number.

Therefore, we expected to be interviewed in France, at the US Embassy in Paris (which is what we asked for in the DS-260 when we chose CP).

However, KCC made an appointment for us in CASABLANCA (with a EU case number???), not in Paris.

(1) Did KCC make a mistake ?
(2) Have you heard of such cases before, i.e. with someone with a EU case number being interviewed in an AF country?

My wife received her 2NL today, but something totally unexpected happened.

I live with my wife in the US. My wife is the DV winner. My wife and I are French citizens, but she was born in Morocco.

Using cross-chargeability, my wife entered the lottery with France as foreign state chargeability and she was selected with a EU case number.

Therefore, we expected to be interviewed in France, at the US Embassy in Paris (which is what we asked for in the DS-260 when we chose CP).

However, KCC made an appointment for us in CASABLANCA (with a EU case number???), not in Paris.

(1) Did KCC make a mistake ?
(2) Have you heard of such cases before, i.e. with someone with a EU case number being interviewed in an AF country?

1. Possibly. The norm when you ask for CP is to assume you will interview in your "home" country. Contact KCC. They will probably tell you they can't change it - and to change it you would have to contact Morocco and Parios embassies, and you can expect to experience a delay for that. Morocco is a nice place in November, just remember you need to be there long enough before the interview to have the medical, and long enough after the interview to get your passports back. That means a trip of around 3 weeks.
2. The interview location does not have to match the case/region.

1. Possibly. The norm when you ask for CP is to assume you will interview in your "home" country. Contact KCC. They will probably tell you they can't change it - and to change it you would have to contact Morocco and Parios embassies, and you can expect to experience a delay for that. Morocco is a nice place in November, just remember you need to be there long enough before the interview to have the medical, and long enough after the interview to get your passports back. That means a trip of around 3 weeks.
2. The interview location does not have to match the case/region.

Thanks Simon ! KCC told me they made a mistake and asked me to send an email requesting to switch interview locations...