• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Yea,I learned is only F that the embassy does accept and according to him,he has the grades.
But from the look of things,I will personally assume that someone having tertiary education in addition to his high school certificate has fair advantages than someone having only high school certificate !!
His story sounds fishy then. Plenty of people get DVs in Accra with high school only. I suspect there's more to the story. Either he misunderstood or he's not sharing all the facts with you.

Yea,I learned is only F that the embassy does accept and according to him,he has the grades.
But from the look of things,I will personally assume that someone having tertiary education in addition to his high school certificate has fair advantages than someone having only high school certificate !!

There's got to be more to your friend's story. Yes someone having a tertiary education in addition to a HS diploma possibly has a fair advantage over someone showing up with a HS diploma only in terms of being found less likely to become a public charge but not in terms of being denied based on the educational qualifications only. We've had several selectees in the past successfully go through the embassy in Ghana based on HS diploma only.

This is very misleading..
In addition to mom's clarification about the fair advantage, note that an F is a fail. D7-E8 are passes but are NOT regarded as acceptable for college admission! (From past experiences strong emphasis is placed on English and math subjects)
A wassce certificate with which you cannot gain entry eligibiity for a US college is merely 'Paper', as far as dv is concerned.

hello...im BEN from GHANA...i submitted my ds260 on 22nd Aug and my case number is very low 2018AF14**.....When do you think i will receice 2nl?
can i be part of september visa bulletin?

Hello everyone
I have taken my husband's name after marriage and that is what I have on the marriage certificate but I have the name I used before marriage on both my birth certificate and passport. Please when filling the ds 260 form, do I use the name on my marriage certificate or what I have on my passport and birth certificate? Thanks for the response.

Hello everyone
I have taken my husband's name after marriage and that is what I have on the marriage certificate but I have the name I used before marriage on both my birth certificate and passport. Please when filling the ds 260 form, do I use the name on my marriage certificate or what I have on my passport and birth certificate? Thanks for the response.

The instructions are to use what is on your passport. If you have taken your husband's name, why haven't you got a new passport in that name? Bear in mind name on passport = name on DS260 = name on visa (must match passport) = name on green card= your official name/identification in the US. So unless you want to go through a name change in the US, which will also cost you over $500 for a new green card in that name, it's probably easiest to update your passport now and then use your married name on the DS etc. Of course, if you're happy to keep your maiden name in the US - and many women do - then just use the current passport as is.

You welcome Nana_we gonna open the Visa Flood gate just as Our predecssors did esp. Citizen K, Jay_on_ice and others did back 2015

I haven't been on this thread for a long while, just decided to pass through and I'm elated to know that current dv winners are making use of our experiences back in 2014/15. I Couldn't be more proud. Pls if you're a winner just know that in as much as a dv lottery interview is as easy as ABC, just a simple mistake or negligence on your part can result in either AP or denial. You can avoid this by taking your time and going through past experiences. I wish everyone here good luck.

Hi guys,
am dv winner with CN 2018AF175xx , i had E8 in maths and an absent in French because i was seriously sick and couldn't write it,apart from that i passed all the other papers,do you think its going to cause denial? i graduated from uni with second class upper last year.

I haven't been on this thread for a long while, just decided to pass through and I'm elated to know that current dv winners are making use of our experiences back in 2014/15. I Couldn't be more proud. Pls if you're a winner just know that in as much as a dv lottery interview is as easy as ABC, just a simple mistake or negligence on your part can result in either AP or denial. You can avoid this by taking your time and going through past experiences. I wish everyone here good luck.

Thanks Bro_ miss u bunch

Hi guys,
am dv winner with CN 2018AF175xx , i had E8 in maths and an absent in French because i was seriously sick and couldn't write it,apart from that i passed all the other papers,do you think its going to cause denial? i graduated from uni with second class upper last year.
I think strong emphasize is placed on english and maths. E8 in maths is a problem. How did you qualify to university with E8 in maths? Did you write nov/dec?

Last edited:
But I learned even if u get to private university with E8 or D7 in any of the core subjects,u will write it before u graduate. So how come u graduated without writing it?

The latest VB sure got me rethinking! I thought it was going to increase by the same figure as the initial 8500 for AF region. I was convinced my number 16xxx was going to be for December. Oh well, as Britsimon keeps saying, patience is key!

The latest VB sure got me rethinking! I thought it was going to increase by the same figure as the initial 8500 for AF region. I was convinced my number 16xxx was going to be for December. Oh well, as Britsimon keeps saying, patience is key!
Have you had a look at past trends of progression? That will help you better predict.

Have you had a look at past trends of progression? That will help you better predict.
Yes bro. I've looked at the detailed info on Britsimon's site detailing the DV 2015 and 2016 VBs. That's how come I was convinced I was due in December. But as I said, patience and preparation is key. Who knows, things could change dramatically by December.