• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How About DV 2019?

wish me luck for DV2019 too. Less than a month now! Maybe I should get a new digital only pic today. It was quite cheap, less than USD $ 2.5 if I remember right from last year.

wish me luck for DV2019 too. Less than a month now! Maybe I should get a new digital only pic today. It was quite cheap, less than USD $ 2.5 if I remember right from last year.

Really, has it been announced? I've seen a couple of the scam sites mention DV2019 but I've not yet seen anything on the official site about the dates, 2019 rules etc?

Really, has it been announced? I've seen a couple of the scam sites mention DV2019 but I've not yet seen anything on the official site about the dates, 2019 rules etc?

The official announcement should be in the next week or two.

Yep - I'm just worried that people talking about it like that are getting their info from the scam sites and therefore planning to submit via them.

Oh for sure there are some that will be scammed. Hopefully no one that reads here - but others, for sure.

I just checked the last couple of years announcements. DV2018 was announced by September 3rd, but DV2017 wasn't announced until September 30th. So we could have a wait...

Oh for sure there are some that will be scammed. Hopefully no one that reads here - but others, for sure.

I just checked the last couple of years announcements. DV2018 was announced by September 3rd, but DV2017 wasn't announced until September 30th. So we could have a wait...

Thanks for the update @Britsimon and I hope they are no big changes to the rules for this year.

So for some reason I can never get the photo tool on the state department website to load properly, like it pops up but it stays totally white.

So for some reason I can never get the photo tool on the state department website to load properly, like it pops up but it stays totally white.

Hi @frizzical ,

Try using this website https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos.html This is the one that I always use and its working fine for me. Make sure you don't have any pop up blocker activated. I'm using internet explorer and it just asked to download an Adobe plug in and it was completed automatically. They are no announcement yet on when the lottery window will be open and you still have some time in order to complete this task.

Still doesnt work :( It just loads a white window and nothing else and then download an SWF file that I can't open @Pierre82

View attachment 755

Are you using internet explorer o google chrome? Try using a different internet browser and see how it goes. It looks like you are missing this: This tool requires Adobe Flash Player 10 or later version You can download this by searching in google and try again, after downloading the adobe flash. There is a direct link in order to download it on this webpage https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos.html

Dear Members,
I need some help: My surname includes letter 'ö' should I use 'o' or 'oe' (as stated in my passport at the bottom on the electronically readabale part) during the registration?
Thank you!

Dear Members,
I need some help: My surname includes letter 'ö' should I use 'o' or 'oe' (as stated in my passport at the bottom on the electronically readabale part) during the registration?
Thank you!

Which letter is used in the name section of your passport?

Which letter is used in the name section of your passport?
In the name section there is 'ö'. Instead of 'ö' there is 'oe' in the electronically readable section (<<<oe<<<). Which one has to be used? Or can I put a simple 'o' replecing 'ö'?