• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

wrong birthdate (Winner)

gassen013

Hi
i've been selected on the dv-2018 ( my case number is 2018AS00012xxx ) so i called the KCC phone number (606-526-7500) to ask them some questions ...... so they ask me for my case number then my name then my date of birth and then they say that my birthdate is wrong so they keep asking me to repeat it but they always say it's wrong and they say that they can't keep talking to me since i'm giving them wrong information , so i go to ceac.state.gov to fill my DS206 and i put my case number and i click continue and it open new page asking me for my birthdate so i put it click continue and i get an error .
so obviously i type my birthday wrong when i fill the dv lottery form ( and i didn't notice that )
now the problem is that i don't know the birthdate that i register with so i can't enter and fill my DS206 ..... i can keep trying until i get it right i mean after all there is 356 day in the year ( since i know my year of birth is correct because i use it to get my resultat ) so i have no problem trying 356 time until i find the correct one but i didn't know if that's the right thing to do .
so how can i solve this .....
thanks

Hi
i've been selected on the dv-2018 ( my case number is 2018AS00012xxx ) so i called the KCC phone number (606-526-7500) to ask them some questions ...... so they ask me for my case number then my name then my date of birth and then they say that my birthdate is wrong so they keep asking me to repeat it but they always say it's wrong and they say that they can't keep talking to me since i'm giving them wrong information , so i go to ceac.state.gov to fill my DS206 and i put my case number and i click continue and it open new page asking me for my birthdate so i put it click continue and i get an error .
so obviously i type my birthday wrong when i fill the dv lottery form ( and i didn't notice that )
now the problem is that i don't know the birthdate that i register with so i can't enter and fill my DS206 ..... i can keep trying until i get it right i mean after all there is 356 day in the year ( since i know my year of birth is correct because i use it to get my resultat ) so i have no problem trying 356 time until i find the correct one but i didn't know if that's the right thing to do .
so how can i solve this .....
thanks

Are you providing your birth date in the US convention of month-date-year? This is the most common reason people have this problem!

Are you providing your birth date in the US convention of month-date-year? This is the most common reason people have this problem!
THX for replying ..... but that couldn't be the case because i have the number 23 in my birth date and that couldn't be a month

i finally find the birthdate that i regestred with ….
and my question is what should i do next ( science the birthday that i have still wrong ) should send them an email …….. or should i wait for the interview to correct this error
BTW : only my day of birth is wrong (my month and year are correct )

I have
i finally find the birthdate that i regestred with ….
and my question is what should i do next ( science the birthday that i have still wrong ) should send them an email …….. or should i wait for the interview to correct this error
BTW : only my day of birth is wrong (my month and year are correct )
I have
similar issue. My day and month changed but year of birth is correct,I don't know what to do with it kraaa

is it a typical issue that applicants from Ghana somehow entered their birthdates incorrectly?

There are two issues with Ghana. One is many use "agents" who aren't always careful (some of these even enter the people without their knowledge by using public information on Facebook etc - we had a case like this here last year). The other is some people trying to get around the one entry per person limit by changing a digit or letter in birth dates and names.