• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Hello everyone am a selectee and I have received ma 2nl I want to know the amount am suppose to pay for the medicals...plss can someone help
Peee, i read some of your questions on britsimon's blog.
1) Has the agent given you your interview letter now?
2)How much did he charge you?
3) Have you gone through your DS260 to see that all your info he entered is correct?

1.No..ma parent will see him on this Saturday
2.he said for $2000
3.I submitted it ma self
Wow, these agents are making huge sums of money on a silver platter. One agent is charging a guy i met in town like $3500. The guy wanted to cry when the agent told him he won't reduce it.

If am correct, you are in nursing school and computer literate, why didn't you enter the lottery yourself.

Wow, these agents are making huge sums of money on a silver platter. One agent is charging a guy i met in town like $3500. The guy wanted to cry when the agent told him he won't reduce it.

If am correct, you are in nursing school and computer literate, why didn't you enter the lottery yourself.
Hmmmm

Hello everyone am a selectee and I have received ma 2nl I want to know the amount am suppose to pay for the medicals...plss can someone help

All immigrant visa applicants, regardless of age, require a medical examination prior to the issuance of a visa.

Only a physician accredited by the U.S. Embassy can perform this exam. It is your responsibility to schedule a medical exam at one of the clinics listed below before your visa interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy. Medical examination results from other physicians will not be accepted.

Approved physicians
1) Akai House Clinic First Floor, Akai House Third Road, Osu Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 1 PM Phone: (233-302) 763-821 or 822, and 233 302 784772

2) Holy Trinity Medical Centre Nii Amar Koranteng Street Swanlake, North Kaneshie Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM and Saturday, 8 AM to 4 PM Phone: (233) (0)264-315-061, (0)264-219-077, (0)233-515-061, or (0)233-415-061

You should bring the following items to your medical exam:  Your visa interview appointment letter,  Your passport,  Three (3) recently taken passport-sized color photographs, and  A copy of your immunization records.
You should allow at least 14 days to complete the medical examination process, from start to finish. You must pay all medical examination fees, including x-ray and blood test fees, directly to the examining physician.

Wow Ghanaians are allowing the agents to make a good living. It's ridiculous. Just remember, Accra is refusing the vast majority of cases at interview. So paying fees to an agent that has probably made critical mistakes is very unwise in my opinion.

Too bad, such errors are usually seen as fraudulent attempts to conceal identity in Accra.
Getting approved will depend on how you're able to convince the co that it was a genuine error. You'll be asked why you took the NovDec exam. I'll also advise you to get a testimonial letter from your high school head, your biometric details must be stated in this letter.
Does it mean that you can't go to the embassy with only nov-dec as your certificate without the main wassce?

Does it mean that you can't go to the embassy with only nov-dec as your certificate without the main wassce?

The Nov-Dec WAEC result is NOT a high school certificate/Diploma evidencing a successful completion of high school - it is simply a statement of result evidencing an exam taken and the results listed on it.

The Nov-Dec WAEC result is NOT a high school certificate/Diploma evidencing a successful completion of high school - it is simply a statement of result evidencing an exam taken and the results listed on it.
So the nov-dec alone is not acceptable??

So the nov-dec alone is not acceptable??

I just said that is not a high school diploma. So yes, it is not acceptable alone. They need evidence you successfully completed high school, not just that you sat for an exam as an external candidat.

Yes, please don't go to interview with nov-dec cert alone. It doesn't prove that you have completed high school. Everybody can register, sit the nov-dec exam and get cert.[/QUOTE
This forum will really help me. I had issue with my date of birth because my cousin in USA did the lottery for me but unfortunately entered my date of birth wrongly (about 6months difference) so someone advised me that to avoid any doubt,I should write nov-dec with the new date that is am finding out about this. I even have my university degree npo oooo.

This forum will really help me. I had issue with my date of birth because my cousin in USA did the lottery for me but unfortunately entered my date of birth wrongly (about 6months difference) so someone advised me that to avoid any doubt,I should write nov-dec with the new date that is am finding out about this. I even have my university degree npo oooo.

What? Every year I hear a new scheme!!
An exam certificate is not going to solve the fact that your birth certificate and passport have a different date of birth to your entry form.
Are you sure it was your cousin and not an agent? I hope you didn't pay or will pay anyone for entering incorrect information that will very likely disqualify you. Sorry.... next year please enter by yourself with the correct information. If you can access the internet to post on this forum then you have all that you need to be able to do your own entry.

What? Every year I hear a new scheme!!
An exam certificate is not going to solve the fact that your birth certificate and passport have a different date of birth to your entry form.
Are you sure it was your cousin and not an agent? I hope you didn't pay or will pay anyone for entering incorrect information that will very likely disqualify you. Sorry.... next year please enter by yourself with the correct information. If you can access the internet to post on this forum then you have all that you need to be able to do your own entry.[/QU
Naaaaaaa ,I have not paid any money because is not an agent.
Beside,I have not applied for passport yet and for birth certificate,new one can be made!!

"Beside,I have not applied for passport yet and for birth certificate,new one can be made!!"

and people wonder why Accra has so many refusals....

Because you are plainly talking about trying to get fraudulent documents to show a wrong date of birth so that it matches your entry.
This is why Accra has so many refusals - because people try to fake their way out of errors on their entries.
By the way: doing this is immigration fraud in terms of US law and can get you a lifetime ban on entry into the US.

Consider applying for DV 2019 yourself and don't risk getting a permanent ban to the USA and possibly other countries. Besides you could be prosecuted even under Ghanaian law for falsification of documents. It's always better to fill in the EDV yourself. It's a lottery, you could be selected again in DV 2019. My humble view.[/QUOTE]