• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

Please ca
Hi, thanks for creating such a forum. I'm new here and from Ghana. I have some issues bothering me and I believe you guys can help especially Britsimon, Sm1smom, SussieQQ and everyone.
1. My name order and date of birth on the initial eDV entry form is the same as that of my birth certificate and passport. My passport(biometric) was acquired in 2014 after my old passport which was acquired in 2004 expired. I already had an old birth certificate which which I have used to apply for a new one (biometric) just last two months after I found out that I have won the lottery. I still have both the old birth cert and passport. Please should I be worried since the birth certificate is new although the passport is three years old? I used the biometric passport to apply for a US tourist visa in 2014 which I was denied. So I guess they already have some info on me.
2. On the DS 260, I filled it with three educational certificates from three different institutions. Two of the certificates (diploma and degree) have the same name order as my eDV,birth certificate and passport. But the problem is with my High school certificate. WAEC changed the places of my first and middle names. Example, instead of AAA(1st) BBB(mid) CCC(last name), it was written as BBB(mid) AAA(1st) CCC(last name).
Can this cause any problems during my interview? Thanks
Please can I get any answers to my question

Hi, thanks for creating such a forum. I'm new here and from Ghana. I have some issues bothering me and I believe you guys can help especially Britsimon, Sm1smom, SussieQQ and everyone.
1. My name order and date of birth on the initial eDV entry form is the same as that of my birth certificate and passport. My passport(biometric) was acquired in 2014 after my old passport which was acquired in 2004 expired. I already had an old birth certificate which which I have used to apply for a new one (biometric) just last two months after I found out that I have won the lottery. I still have both the old birth cert and passport. Please should I be worried since the birth certificate is new although the passport is three years old? I used the biometric passport to apply for a US tourist visa in 2014 which I was denied. So I guess they already have some info on me.
2. On the DS 260, I filled it with three educational certificates from three different institutions. Two of the certificates (diploma and degree) have the same name order as my eDV,birth certificate and passport. But the problem is with my High school certificate. WAEC changed the places of my first and middle names. Example, instead of AAA(1st) BBB(mid) CCC(last name), it was written as BBB(mid) AAA(1st) CCC(last name).

1. There's no need to worry about the newness of the birth certificate. Worst case scenario, you take both the old and the new birth certificates along to your interview. If questions are raised about the newness of the one you're using, explain why you applied for the new one and present the old one also.

2. WAEC name order arrangements viz a viz birth certificate and passport has already been discussed on this Thread, with the last discussion being just a couple of posts above yours. Please refer to it. The response provided by @nanayaw is applicable to your case.

1. There's no need to worry about the newness of the birth certificate. Worst case scenario, you take both the old and the new birth certificates along to your interview. If questions are raised about the newness of the one you're using, explain why you applied for the new one and present the old one also.

2. WAEC name order arrangements viz a viz birth certificate and passport has already been discussed on this Thread, with the last discussion being just a couple of posts above yours. Please refer to it. The response provided by @nanayaw is applicable to your case.
Thank you so much. God bless you.

To God be the glory. I also from Ghana and have been selected for DV2018. CN 6xxx. I'm ready and willing to share and discuss with fellow Ghanaians for mutual benefit. I wish everybody well. I follow other related forums and I will be using the knowledge obtained from there to advise anyone whom I may be of help to.

Does anyone know whether the Accra Embassy require the i-134 (Affidavit of Support) or not. I know it's an essential document that is good to have prior the interview but I want to know whether it's part of required documents the Accra Embassy demands.

You welcome Nana_we gonna open the Visa Flood gate just as Our predecssors did esp. Citizen K, Jay_on_ice and others did back 2015

To God be the glory. I also from Ghana and have been selected for DV2018. CN 6xxx. I'm ready and willing to share and discuss with fellow Ghanaians for mutual benefit. I wish everybody well. I follow other related forums and I will be using the knowledge obtained from there to advise anyone whom I may be of help to.

Does anyone know whether the Accra Embassy require the i-134 (Affidavit of Support) or not. I know it's an essential document that is good to have prior the interview but I want to know whether it's part of required documents the Accra Embassy demands.

To eliminate your doubt, i just felt it's important for me to share this.

Nana sarfo
Nana sarfo
KWAMOyrpr said:

Good morning friends, for all those who are still worried about affidavit of support, this is what the embassy sent me yesterday, after I sent them an email concerning that.

Thank you for your email concerning your Diversity Visa application.

We wish to inform you that you will not be required to bring or submit an Affidavit of Support or I-134 Form to process your Diversity Visa application.

Sincerely,

US Embassy Accra
Consular Section

Wooow happy to hear that.
Sep 19, 2014 ReportLikeReply Courtesy of Dunamis

To eliminate your doubt, i just felt it's important for me to share this.

Nana sarfo
Nana sarfo
KWAMOyrpr said:

Good morning friends, for all those who are still worried about affidavit of support, this is what the embassy sent me yesterday, after I sent them an email concerning that.

Thank you for your email concerning your Diversity Visa application.

We wish to inform you that you will not be required to bring or submit an Affidavit of Support or I-134 Form to process your Diversity Visa application.

Sincerely,

US Embassy Accra
Consular Section

Wooow happy to hear that.
Sep 19, 2014 ReportLikeReply Courtesy of Dunamis

Noted. Thank you.

Yes, it's current for October but I found out that I've been selected pretty late thus my DS260 was submitted on August 1st. I pray it's processed early enough so I can have my interview in October or November.

You will definitely not be getting an October interview due to the late submission, ILs for those interviewing in October will be going out in the next couple of days. There's no way KCC would have processed your form for them to schedule your interview. A November interview is equally dicey.

Hello everyone,

I have few questions.

1. I would like to change my host, from my girlfriend to a very close elderly friend. You advise I unlock and change now or wait and change at the interview/POE? I hope it wouldn't raise an unnecessary suspicion at the interview.

2. Aside my professional career, I have a campus based group (legally registered as a business) that I started years back but I routinely recruit students to run things so basically I haven't been directly in charge. When my name is googled, the results indicate I'm the CEO and Founder although is more or less a voluntary establishment that helps students nationwide but not for profit. I don't see it as an employment since it's more like a legally registered and formalized hobby. Besides it is not related to my professional career at all...it's more like service to the nation thus I didn't indicate that on the DS260 as part of the employment history. What do you advise? I unlock and include or be silent on it and explain in case the CO asks about it at the interview.

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions.

Hello everyone,

I have few questions.

1. I would like to change my host, from my girlfriend to a very close elderly friend. You advise I unlock and change now or wait and change at the interview/POE? I hope it wouldn't raise an unnecessary suspicion at the interview.

2. Aside my professional career, I have a campus based group (legally registered as a business) that I started years back but I routinely recruit students to run things so basically I haven't been directly in charge. When my name is googled, the results indicate I'm the CEO and Founder although is more or less a voluntary establishment that helps students nationwide but not for profit. I don't see it as an employment since it's more like a legally registered and formalized hobby. Besides it is not related to my professional career at all...it's more like service to the nation thus I didn't indicate that on the DS260 as part of the employment history. What do you advise? I unlock and include or be silent on it and explain in case the CO asks about it at the interview.

1) Unnecessary to unlock

2) You can explain to the CO when asked about it.
Or the gurus here may give you better options.

Hello everyone,

I have few questions.

You're free to stay with whomever you wish to, BUT the closeness of your relation with the host will be gauged. Otherwise have an affidavit of support handy.

Work is work, whether it has a relation with your educational background or not. Some people work full time, double shifts, others part time, some work one day a week... It's all work. Some people establish very big businesses, resign and receive royalties. Your experience though depends on your level of involvement.
You're really the best judge to your second question.

In addition to moms post above, many people do not realize that the biometric birth certificate is only a certified copy of an entry in the births registry. It's good you acquired the new one by submitting the old. So the registration numbers on both should be the same.