Asylum application

About a month ago I sent an email to the San Francisco Asylum Office to ask for the delay of my work permit and asylum case, since I did my interview in April and I was wondering when the results will come. I got my EAD posted to me so that thing was taken care of. I got the response that my case is in "Background check" .. I don't know how long a background check will take but my question is will they review my asylum case after my background check or have they decided and are just waiting for the result of background check!? Does anyone know about this?

hi all- I'm new here but I have been following the news here. I applied for asylum in 2015, interviewed in 2017, then did a 2nd interview 3 weeks ago.
I checked my status online yesterday with the Z number. I got a response that my fee has been waived for my EAD but I have not sent out a renewal for my EAD.
Can someone tell if they have had this experience?
Thanks

Hello, congratulations. First of all, I would like to ask you about what is going on in the asylum application.

Hello graciousme, my asylum was filled may 12 , 2017 and I did fingerprinting June 9,2017 . It's like 84days after the asylum application was filled . And any time I tried to check my status online with the receipt number, using the USCIS case status link . It gives me an error code that the application receipt number is wrong. I'm 100% sure I put in the right receipt number . What do you think might be wrong. Thank you

Hello graciousme, my asylum was filled may 12 , 2017 and I did fingerprinting June 9,2017 . It's like 84days after the asylum application was filled . And any time I tried to check my status online with the receipt number, using the USCIS case status link . It gives me an error code that the application receipt number is wrong. I'm 100% sure I put in the right receipt number . What do you think might be wrong. Thank you
That is normal. You will continue see this error message even after you do your interview. It will change only when your asylum case gets approved.

Hi everyone, could you, please, make some advises to my Qs - Question #1: I have asylum interview on Thursday, it’s been 3,5 years since I filled my i-589 application. Unfortunately, I can’t find copy of my application, and of course, I don’t remember my exact answers on that form. Should I re-complete it and bring it to the interview on Thursday? Question #2: almost 4 years ago, we came to the States and headed to Canada border to apply for asylum, we got denied, and came back to USA and applied for asylum here. I know that they are going to ask that on the interview and I should be honest and tell the truth but will my answer have a negative impact on my case? Do you know if they have an access to such information?

Hi everyone, could you, please, make some advises to my Qs - Question #1: I have asylum interview on Thursday, it’s been 3,5 years since I filled my i-589 application. Unfortunately, I can’t find copy of my application, and of course, I don’t remember my exact answers on that form. Should I re-complete it and bring it to the interview on Thursday? Question #2: almost 4 years ago, we came to the States and headed to Canada border to apply for asylum, we got denied, and came back to USA and applied for asylum here. I know that they are going to ask that on the interview and I should be honest and tell the truth but will my answer have a negative impact on my case? Do you know if they have an access to such information?
Did you file with a lawyer or alone.
If you have a lawyer check with him, he or she must have a copy of your application.
US and Canada share same info about asylum. Make sure you answer exactly like how you answered in any Canadian asylum application.

Thank you, sir! No, I'm doing the whole process by myself. Is it a good idea to prepare two packages of my case ( one for the officer and second for me), because I need to edit some questions?
I didn't send them before the interview, because they (AO) never replied back to my written requests, I just scared if my case got missed.

Thank you, sir! No, I'm doing the whole process by myself. Is it a good idea to prepare two packages of my case ( one for the officer and second for me), because I need to edit some questions?
I didn't send them before the interview, because they (AO) never replied back to my written requests, I just scared if my case got missed.
Please please just be honest about all things. They know about the asylum case in Canada. Just be honest and don't scare. Talk with them from your heart and answer all the questions exactly the same as your affidavit. What kind of your asylum case?
Good luck!