• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Unlock and update the DS260 form after the passport renewal.
Ok, I'll do it one I renew my passport but do you know if I can attend the interview with a passeport having only 2 months remaining? Can I give them my Italian passport instead of my french passport?

Thank you!

Ok, I'll do it one I renew my passport but do you know if I can attend the interview with a passeport having only 2 months remaining? Can I give them my Italian passport instead of my french passport?

Thank you!

No, you can't re: 2 months. The instructions clearly state the passport should be valid for 6 months after you intend to enter the US.

You can give them any nationality passport you want though so if the other has enough time left, use that.

ok, thank you Susie, I'll renew asap (in March) my passport but I think it will be at the same time of the 2NL...I will not be able to modify my DS260.
So : I'll renew my passport in March and having probably the interview few weeks after that, I'll attend it with my expired french passport, my new french passport and my italian passport if I get it. Thanks a lot!!

ok, thank you Susie, I'll renew asap (in March) my passport but I think it will be at the same time of the 2NL...I will not be able to modify my DS260.
So : I'll renew my passport in March and having probably the interview few weeks after that, I'll attend it with my expired french passport, my new french passport and my italian passport if I get it. Thanks a lot!!

It's not unusual to attend with a renewed passport without having updated the DS. It shouldn't be a problem at all, but yes do bring the old one that's listed in the DS if possible. (Some countries keep old passports when they issue new ones.)

Hello, I feel indebted to everyone for their valuable help.
I haven't filed the DS260 yet as I am confused mainly about these points: my number is AF16XXX and I am Egyptian
1- The interview location:
I am the main applicant, Me and my husband currently live in KSA (Saudi Arabia) for a year now, but we are planning to leave soon.
Can I choose Cairo as the interview location?
Will this be a problem if our plans don't go as planned and we end up staying in Saudi till the interview date?
2- We have an apartment in Egypt that we're still paying its installments, and around 15K$ in the bank , is that enough?
3- I'm applying based on my education, I'm currently doing a PhD in a field of humanity and social sciences, but I have no idea -yet- about the profession I will work in the States.. So I wrote social science. Should I write research or student better? Any guidance plz?
4- If for example my name is: Laila John George Anthony Hopkins,
I wrote in the surnames: Hopkins
Given names: Laila John George Anthony
Is this correct?
Sorry for the confusion, I read some posts on the Egyptians 2017 thread and it got me real confused.
5- In the education part of the form:
- In the "Highest level of education completed" I chose "Advanced degree" is this correct? I have a masters degree in addition to courses at the PhD level.
-Also in this section of the form: I have attended bachelors, masters and PhD degree in the same university, Do I list the university three times and write degrees/dates I attended? Or write it once and list up all degrees obtained??
** I was unable to write the PhD degree I'm set to complete in three years, as the date must be in the present not future, any guidance please?
- Also I am not sure of the exact day/month I began/finished each phase especially high school, can I write rough dates?
6- When do you expect my number to be current?

Sorry for the long long questions. Grateful for your help and guidance. I wish you all the best of luck ☺️

Last edited:
Hello, I feel indebted to everyone for their valuable help.
I haven't filed the DS260 yet as I am confused mainly about these points: my number is AF16XXX and I am Egyptian
1- The interview location:
I am the main applicant, Me and my husband currently live in KSA (Saudi Arabia) for a year now, but we are planning to leave soon.
Can I choose Cairo as the interview location?
Will this be a problem if our plans don't go as planned and we end up staying in Saudi till the interview date?
2- We have an apartment in Egypt that we're still paying its installments, and around 15K$ in the bank , is that enough?
3- I'm applying based on my education, I'm currently doing a PhD in a field of humanity and social sciences, but I have no idea -yet- about the profession I will work in the States.. So I wrote social science. Should I write research or student better? Any guidance plz?
4- If for example my name is: Laila John George Anthony Hopkins,
I wrote in the surnames: Hopkins
Given names: Laila John George Anthony
Is this correct?
Sorry for the confusion, I read some posts on the Egyptians 2017 thread and it got me real confused.
5- In the education part of the form:
- In the "Highest level of education completed" I chose "Advanced degree" is this correct? I have a masters degree in addition to courses at the PhD level.
-Also in this section of the form: I have attended bachelors, masters and PhD degree in the same university, Do I list the university three times and write degrees/dates I attended? Or write it once and list up all degrees obtained??
** I was unable to write the PhD degree I'm set to complete in three years, as the date must be in the present not future, any guidance please?
- Also I am not sure of the exact day/month I began/finished each phase especially high school, can I write rough dates?
6- When do you expect my number to be current?

Sorry for the long long questions. Grateful for your help and guidance. I wish you all the best of luck ☺️

1. You are best to fill in the DS260 based on the reality today (causing an interview in KSA) - and then update once you move back to Cairo (changing the interview to Cairo).
2. Probably. Cairo are not too concerned with finances.
3. It doesn't matter what you enter in the future occupation field.
4. Yes
5. a. Yes b.Three times. c. PHD is your current occupation - not education history. d. Approximate dates are fine.
6. Wait and see.

Can please someone tell me how big or small are my chances for the visa interview. My case number is 2018EU21*** . Thanks

~~ post moved from AOS 2018 Thread ~~

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mom. One more thing. I had submitted my ds form a month ago. I didn`t had the possibility to do it in may. Will that affect my number? Thank you

I have a question. At the time when I submitted my ds-260 I was living in Canada so my interview location is Montreal. I am no longer in Canada though and in May I called KCC and I asked them to change my interview location. I sent an email to them as KCC requested I do and I was told over the phone that I don't need to unlock ds- 260 in order to change location of interview. Now when I login in my account I still see Montreal as the interview location. Any advice? Am I suppose to unlock DS-260 to change interview address? Thanks!

I have a question. At the time when I submitted my ds-260 I was living in Canada so my interview location is Montreal. I am no longer in Canada though and in May I called KCC and I asked them to change my interview location. I sent an email to them as KCC requested I do and I was told over the phone that I don't need to unlock ds- 260 in order to change location of interview. Now when I login in my account I still see Montreal as the interview location. Any advice? Am I suppose to unlock DS-260 to change interview address? Thanks!

You still need to unlock the DS260 form and update with your current address in addition to emailing KCC and letting them know where your new interview location should be. The displayed location will not change after the initial submission.

Hi everyone.
I have a friend in USA, he is USA citizen. I have listed his adress where to send my green card, if i pass the interview and also the address where i would live. Should I or him prepare and fill some documentation and which one?
Thank you in advance.

~~Post moved from AOS Thread ~~

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone.
I have a friend in USA, he is USA citizen. I have listed his adress where to send my green card, if i pass the interview and also the address where i would live. Should I or him prepare and fill some documentation and which one?
Thank you in advance.

Kindly stop posting none AOS related questions on the AOS Thread. The is the second post of yours I've had to move from that thread in the past couple of days. Subsequent posts on it will be deleted.

Hi everyone.
Thank you in advance.

No, there's no requirement or expectation for either of you to do anything or fill any form on the basis of your using your friend's address.

Hi guys,

just wanted check.. prior to your medical check there are vaccination requirements which you need to show them from vaccination records. Do they really require all 15 vaccination? I mean I have those basic ones but not all 15 vaccination. So let's say that there is somebody who doesn't have these vaccination. It means that if he wants to get visa he has to get 15 jabs from doctor before he comes to this medical exam?

• Diphtheria
  • Tetanus
  • Pertussis
  • Polio
  • Measles
  • Mumps
  • Rubella
  • Rotavirus
  • Haemophilus influenzae type b
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Meningococcal
  • Varicella
  • Pneumococcal
  • Influenza

Hi guys,

just wanted check.. prior to your medical check there are vaccination requirements which you need to show them from vaccination records. Do they really require all 15 vaccination? I mean I have those basic ones but not all 15 vaccination. So let's say that there is somebody who doesn't have these vaccination. It means that if he wants to get visa he has to get 15 jabs from doctor before he comes to this medical exam?

• Diphtheria
  • Tetanus
  • Pertussis
  • Polio
  • Measles
  • Mumps
  • Rubella
  • Rotavirus
  • Haemophilus influenzae type b
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Meningococcal
  • Varicella
  • Pneumococcal
  • Influenza
No, you don't go and get them all. (You probably don't need most of them anyway anymore as you'll get an age waiver.) Take any records you have, and the doctor will administer the ones you might still need. This should have been explained to you when you made the medical appointment?